c***s on the road

If a clueless fuckwit is daydreaming away in the middle lane you still risk them moving to the left for some unknown random reason blissfully unaware that you're there if you're undertaking them. Why risk it? 
A fun game is to sweep out, overtake them, back to lane 1, slow, let them pass, then do it again. See how many 'laps' you can do before they notice [emoji4]

That sounds a waste of time, get passed them and forget.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:
If a clueless fuckwit is daydreaming away in the middle lane you still risk them moving to the left for some unknown random reason blissfully unaware that you're there if you're undertaking them. Why risk it? 
A fun game is to sweep out, overtake them, back to lane 1, slow, let them pass, then do it again. See how many 'laps' you can do before they notice emoji4.png

That sounds a waste of time, get passed them and forget.

Apparently, it breaks up a long journey when the M74 is quiet :) 

7 hours ago, Scosha said:

I would hope the police went after the driver in the outside lane as well and gave them the punishment they are due (if there was no one on inside lane and/or weren't at the speed limit). I've seen plenty of police cars just ignore folk who sit on the outside lane for no reason whatsoever and do nothing about it. 

An absolute shoeing and a lifetime ban

c***s on the road/infuriating things your partner does. 

"What's the speed limit?" 

"Am I in the right lane?" 

"What exit is it?" 

"Is it still straight on? "

Is that a bus lane? "

" Am I turning here? "

All in one 20 minute journey. 

" Tell you what, I've had 4 pints and I should be driving before you"

No more questions 

On 02/07/2019 at 22:46, alta-pete said:

Don’t mean to be too critical but you have to operate on the basis of the mantra of everyone else being an idiot. (I’ve posted this here before).

You assumed he was going right, he didn’t. You had nothing to gain by being that close to him on the split, sitting on his shoulder. His fault entirely but, ax you allude, you could’ve been a passenger towards your own accident. Why not hang back 30ft?

Screenshot_20190707-115528_Maps.thumb.jpg.01363234af48965b33de3fd7782c0d02.jpg

Long causeway was the road.

We both got stopped at the roundabout at the bottom. Moved through the roundabout together, as both lanes before the roundabout clearly signal both are going straight on, and then got stopped at the traffic lights. Sat there together, we then move off and just pass the bus stop when he suddenly swings left and almost hits me.

What, exactly, are you telling me I've done wrong there?

FWIW I do hang back when stopped at those lights next to an old driver now, I'm now up to four instances of almost being hit in that situation. First time it happened a woman just drifted over and started driving down the middle once, when we were side by side.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Screenshot_20190707-115528_Maps.thumb.jpg.01363234af48965b33de3fd7782c0d02.jpg
Long causeway was the road.
We both got stopped at the roundabout at the bottom. Moved through the roundabout together, as both lanes before the roundabout clearly signal both are going straight on, and then got stopped at the traffic lights. Sat there together, we then move off and just pass the bus stop when he suddenly swings left and almost hits me.
What, exactly, are you telling me I've done wrong there?
FWIW I do hang back when stopped at those lights next to an old driver now, I'm now up to four instances of almost being hit in that situation. First time it happened a woman just drifted over and started driving down the middle once, when we were side by side.

Only thing I think you’ve done wrong - and you seem to have acknowledged that yourself by changing your driving style to now hang back as suggested - is by being too close to someone that you overly credited with skills/awareness.

Accidents only happen when two vehicles get overly close to each other. It is of course not always possible, but giving yourself as much space as you can markedly increases your chances of avoiding an unintended coming together.

Is there somewhere that you can report 'accidents waiting to happen'?

The reason being that 'c***s' keep trying to crash into me on the way home (3 times in the last few weeks and quite a few times over the course of the 9 months I've been at my current work) at the exact same point of the journey. I think some people coming off the M8 to join the M73 southbound think it's a filter lane and just drive straight out onto the roundabout directly into my path. Fortunately I'm wise to it so am careful at that point and ready to slam on the brakes. The frequency with which it happens would suggest that it's the signage/road layout that's the issue. As well as people in cars being fucking idiots, obviously.

ETA: First time it happened it was a hearse. That would've been interesting.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

44 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Is there somewhere that you can report 'accidents waiting to happen'?

The reason being that 'c***s' keep trying to crash into me on the way home (3 times in the last few weeks and quite a few times over the course of the 9 months I've been at my current work) at the exact same point of the journey. I think some people coming off the M8 to join the M73 southbound think it's a filter lane and just drive straight out onto the roundabout directly into my path. Fortunately I'm wise to it so am careful at that point and ready to slam on the brakes. The frequency with which it happens would suggest that it's the signage/road layout that's the issue. As well as people in cars being fucking idiots, obviously.

ETA: First time it happened it was a hearse. That would've been interesting.

01698 535277.

On the M74 today I was in the middle lane and approaching the car to my left (slowly tbf), when the car behind pulled left and undertook me despite the outside lane being completely empty. Baffling!

There's a junction near the motorway slip-road on the A905 near Glensburgh Road in Grangemouth.

If you're appraoching from Skinflats it goes from two lanes into three.

If you're turning left to go to Glensburgh, you're in the left lane and stay in the left lane.

If you approach in the left lane but are going straight on, you go into the middle lane.

If you approach in the right lane, you go into the right lane.

There are clear markings on the road which indicate this.

The amount of utter fuckwits who approach in the right lane, ignore the markings and go straight into the middle lane is fucking unbelievable.

6 hours ago, microdave said:

On the M74 today I was in the middle lane and approaching the car to my left (slowly tbf), when the car behind pulled left and undertook me despite the outside lane being completely empty. Baffling!

would he not have been stuck behind the car on the left that you were approaching? or by approaching do you mean you were 500m away as you were making ground on him ? you should have been in the left hand lane yourself perhaps......

There's a junction near the motorway slip-road on the A905 near Glensburgh Road in Grangemouth.
If you're turning left to go to Glensburgh, you're in the left lane and stay in the left lane.
If you approach in the left lane but are going straight on, you go into the middle lane.
The amount of utter fuckwits who approach in the right lane, ignore the markings and go straight into the middle lane is fucking unbelievable.
I always hang back a little at that junction due to the number or fuckwits who do exactly as you say. I've nearly been sideswiped about half a dozen times.

would he not have been stuck behind the car on the left that you were approaching? or by approaching do you mean you were 500m away as you were making ground on him ? you should have been in the left hand lane yourself perhaps......

I was about 30/40m behind. He pulled in to the left and back out in front of me to overtake. I overtook the left lane car about 10 seconds later so I was definitely in the correct lane.

Road to Dumfries yesterday, A701, stupid c**t in a white car driving at 40 in a national limit holding up a queue of about 10 cars (me being about eighth) and no one in front bothering to overtake at all despite numerous opportunities leading to car number 10 BMW c**t deciding to attempt to overtake 10 cars at once just as we get to the bottom of a hill.

Almost the same on the return journey, only this time it was c**t in a red car holding everyone up and a twat in a clapped out Volvo doing the same attempted overtaking just before the brow of a hill, the oncoming row of cars meant he had to abandon half way down the queue of cars and cause everyone else to slam their brakes on to let him in and avoid him getting wiped out.

People who don't drive to a suitable speed, c***s. People near the front of the queue of traffic behind them not overtaking to allow those nearer the back to make progress, c***s. People at the end of said queue deciding to try and overtake 10 cars at once, c***s.

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Road to Dumfries yesterday, A701, stupid c**t in a white car driving at 40 in a national limit holding up a queue of about 10 cars (me being about number 8) and no one in front bothering to overtake at all despite numerous opportunities leading to car number 10 BMW c**t deciding to attempt to overtake 10 cars at once just as we get to the bottom of a hill.

Almost the same on the return journey, only this time it was c**t in a red car holding everyone up and a twat in a clapped out Volvo doing the same attempted overtaking just before the brow of a hill, the oncoming row of cars meant he had to abandon half way down the queue of cars and cause everyone else to slam their brakes on to let him in and avoid him getting wiped out.

People who don't drive to a suitable speed, c***s. People near the front of the queue of traffic behind them not overtaking to allow those nearer the back to make progress, c***s. People at the end of said queue deciding to try and overtake 10 cars at once, c***s.

Correct in all respects. There's very little more infuriating than 6 people stuck behind a slow moving vehicle and the one at the head of the queue refusing to overtake (when safe to do so).

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

Having seen incidents at pretty much every roundabout in Falkirk where people are incapable of reading the arrows I think the problem is Falkirk drivers are very very thick.

Last week at the small roundabout near Comely park P/S I was in the right lane going right and indicating right and the lady to my left was in the left lane which goes straight ahead.

Once she got on the roundabout she suddenly cut right without indicating or looking in the mirrors. I'm not sure if the markings are confusing or she is mentally unstable but it fair turned my boxers brown.

Road to Dumfries yesterday, A701, stupid c**t in a white car driving at 40 in a national limit holding up a queue of about 10 cars (me being about eighth) and no one in front bothering to overtake at all despite numerous opportunities leading to car number 10 BMW c**t deciding to attempt to overtake 10 cars at once just as we get to the bottom of a hill.

I've overtaken a line of cars in one go. If you have the car and the space to do so it's fine. I agree about the first car behind the slow c**t not wanting to overtake. They are just as bad.