c***s on the road

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have been guilty of tailgating but only when stuck behind someone doing 60mph in the overtaking lane and not overtaking anything.

I suppose this makes me a c**t on the road.

Tailgating someone doing 60 mph really isn't sensible behaviour. If they are stupid enough to be sailing along in the overtaking lane with the inside lane free, then they might brake sharply with or without good reason, leaving you little time to react. Better to keep a sensible distance and use other methods to encourage them to allow you to overtake...

Tailgating someone doing 60 mph really isn't sensible behaviour. If they are stupid enough to be sailing along in the overtaking lane with the inside lane free, then they might brake sharply with or without good reason, leaving you little time to react. Better to keep a sensible distance and use other methods to encourage them to allow you to overtake...

Or just undertake the c**t at speed and be on your way.

I ken, I’m now the c**t.

The woman behind me at the junction this morning. I know you were in a rush but I'll decide when it's safe for me to pull out onto the main road, not you, especially as there are high walls either side and you actually can't see what's happening.

Beeping your horn is only going to slow me down and make me dawdle along the road. 

c**t

37 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

The woman behind me at the junction this morning. I know you were in a rush but I'll decide when it's safe for me to pull out onto the main road, not you, especially as there are high walls either side and you actually can't see what's happening.

Beeping your horn is only going to slow me down and make me dawdle along the road. 

c**t

If someone did that to me I'd  go full road rage.  finger up and reverse lights on.

On 02/07/2019 at 22:46, alta-pete said:

Don’t mean to be too critical but you have to operate on the basis of the mantra of everyone else being an idiot. (I’ve posted this here before).

You assumed he was going right, he didn’t. You had nothing to gain by being that close to him on the split, sitting on his shoulder. His fault entirely but, ax you allude, you could’ve been a passenger towards your own accident. Why not hang back 30ft?

And once more people trumpeting regular drivers should take action to avoid accidents with old folk who can't drive.

No wonder the stats say they're safe if everyone out there is expected to take action so some auld dick doesn't crash.

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

c**t

You take lip from a woman rushing you?

c**t
Hope u got out and kicked her in the pie

On 03/07/2019 at 19:05, alta-pete said:

Or just undertake the c**t at speed and be on your way.

I ken, I’m now the c**t.

On 03/07/2019 at 19:57, CountyFan said:

I do this and I wont apologise for it. 

My laddie did this. Cost him over £3k in lawyer's fees to get the dangerous driving charge reduced to careless driving, together with a £600 fine and six points on his licence. Still cheaper than a driving ban and losing his job. 

Top tip - don't do it in front of an unmarked police car.

Why do they come down so hard on undertaking? If done sensibly it's not even remotely dangerous. They should be pulling over the people who are sitting in the fast lane at too low a speed.

Edited by nsr

1 hour ago, nsr said:

Why do they come down so hard on undertaking? If done sensibly it's not even remotely dangerous. They should be pulling over the people who are sitting in the fast lane at too low a speed.

Was about to post this exact same thing. If the slow driver was in the correct lane in the first place I wouldn't need to take evasive action. The dangerous driver here is the one not going at the speed limit for no discernible reason. 

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

My laddie did this. Cost him over £3k in lawyer's fees to get the dangerous driving charge reduced to careless driving, together with a £600 fine and six points on his licence. Still cheaper than a driving ban and losing his job. 

Top tip - don't do it in front of an unmarked police car.

I would hope the police went after the driver in the outside lane as well and gave them the punishment they are due (if there was no one on inside lane and/or weren't at the speed limit). I've seen plenty of police cars just ignore folk who sit on the outside lane for no reason whatsoever and do nothing about it. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Was about to post this exact same thing. If the slow driver was in the correct lane in the first place I wouldn't need to take evasive action. The dangerous driver here is the one not going at the speed limit for no discernible reason. 

Indeed. If someone is crawling along in the middle lane and you're coming up in the left lane, surely it's safer to just undertake in the left rather than swoop across two lanes into the right, overtake, then swoop back two lanes into the left.

17 minutes ago, nsr said:

Indeed. If someone is crawling along in the middle lane and you're coming up in the left lane, surely it's safer to just undertake in the left rather than swoop across two lanes into the right, overtake, then swoop back two lanes into the left.

If a clueless fuckwit is daydreaming away in the middle lane you still risk them moving to the left for some unknown random reason blissfully unaware that you're there if you're undertaking them. Why risk it? 

A fun game is to sweep out, overtake them, back to lane 1, slow, let them pass, then do it again. See how many 'laps' you can do before they notice :)

1 minute ago, Trackdaybob said:

If a clueless fuckwit is daydreaming away in the middle lane you still risk them moving to the left for some unknown random reason blissfully unaware that you're there if you're undertaking them. Why risk it? 

If someone is going to change lanes without checking their mirrors, they shouldn't be driving and there isn't a great deal you can do other than get away from them as quickly as possible.

42 minutes ago, nsr said:

If that's a tricky or dangerous maneuver for you, you shouldn't be driving. Expecting a fuckwit driver to be wary of an illegal undertaker coming up their left is much more dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If that's a tricky or dangerous maneuver for you, you shouldn't be driving. Expecting a fuckwit driver to be wary of an illegal undertaker coming up their left is much more dangerous. 

I said it was more dangerous (as in relatively, not absolutely) than just continuing in the left lane. As I understand it, undertaking isn't actually illegal and an idiot crawling in the middle lane is unlikely to suddenly move into the left or he would have done it already.

59 minutes ago, nsr said:

I said it was more dangerous (as in relatively, not absolutely) than just continuing in the left lane. As I understand it, undertaking isn't actually illegal and an idiot crawling in the middle lane is unlikely to suddenly move into the left or he would have done it already.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/legal/undertaking/

"Some drivers may find it tempting to undertake, especially if they’re faced with a middle-lane hogger, but be aware that it can be dangerous and you can be fined for doing so.

Undertaking recklessly could see you receive a fixed penalty notice (FPN) for careless driving or driving without due care and attention."

This discussion prompted me to research. I also didn't realise undertaking was acceptable on average speed roads.