c***s on the road

I'm walking to work at present (around 3.8 miles either way) and it's utterly glorious not to be on the road with the usual hellish assortment of mutants, even in bad weather. Walking at the side of a road with a 10mph limit watching Audis and BMW trying to gun it then having to brake frantically for the next speed bump. Highlight last week was one woman who just went into a panic as I approached her, apparently unaware that she had plenty of room to drive around me without even crossing the middle of the road.

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

I'm walking to work at present (around 3.8 miles either way) and it's utterly glorious not to be on the road with the usual hellish assortment of mutants, even in bad weather. Walking at the side of a road with a 10mph limit watching Audis and BMW trying to gun it then having to brake frantically for the next speed bump. Highlight last week was one woman who just went into a panic as I approached her, apparently unaware that she had plenty of room to drive around me without even crossing the middle of the road.

^^^^

Lost his licence imo.   

1 minute ago, Billy Rubin said:

^^^^

Lost his licence imo.   

:lol:

Truth be told for nearly 5 years I've been fighting an ongoing battle with the staff and visitors from the old folks' home across the road for use of the parking space outside my house when I come home from work. Now I just leave my car there all day and use it in the evening when they've all gone home.

What was the timing between drinking and being stopped and quantity of drink? Had a similar experience a few years ago, but the copper was on her own and didn't have a breathalyser. She left me in my car while she radioed colleagues. Obviously drew a blank and let me go. Worst 10 minutes of my life and lesson learned.

Three hours per pint/unit is the official rule of thumb, so say you have three pints it will take 9 hours to be completely out of your system!!!

Heathfield roundabout at Ayr on the A77.

Sick of endless clueless c**ts who can’t follow line markings. Worst is the far right lane going south to north. It leads off to the east AND straight on (outside lane) yet there are always folk who change lanes because the prefer to drive in as straight a line as possible or are just thick. Quite a few times I’ve had folk veer towards my car without even realising I’m there, sticking to my fucking lane.

Edited by AyrshireTon
Editing a Freudian slip.

Suck of endless clueless c**ts who can’t follow line markings. Worst is the far right lane going south to north. It leads off to the east AND straight on (outside lane) yet there are always folk who change lanes because the prefer to drive in as straight a line as possible or are just thick. Quite a few times I’ve had folk veer towards my car without even realising I’m there, sticking to my fucking lane.
It is the worst in Christendom!!

5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Suck of endless clueless c**ts who can’t follow line markings. Worst is the far right lane going south to north. It leads off to the east AND straight on (outside lane) yet there are always folk who change lanes because the prefer to drive in as straight a line as possible or are just thick. Quite a few times I’ve had folk veer towards my car without even realising I’m there, sticking to my fucking lane.

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

It is the worst in Christendom!!

roundabout I have to use on Bellsdyke Rd if I drive to work is a rival.  Green line = my lane, Blue line = lane drivers going straight on should use, red = what cunty drivers actually do.

image.png.3c9994c63338f86bc5244153c5871ee7.png

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

roundabout I have to use on Bellsdyke Rd if I drive to work is a rival.  Green line = my lane, Blue line = lane drivers going straight on should use, red = what cunty drivers actually do.

image.png.3c9994c63338f86bc5244153c5871ee7.png

Your wee diagram sums it up.

They make all the signs of doing the green thing then do the red line, cutting in front of me, doing that blue line.

Your wee diagram sums it up.
They make all the signs of doing the green thing then do the red line, cutting in front of me, doing that blue line.

Your diagram sums it up succinctly. I’m currently teaching the boy to drive (it’s a slow process) but the basic mantra is that everyone else on the road is an idiot.

Credit your fellow road users (cars, hgvs, horses, cyclists, pedestrians) with even an ounce of intelligence and expect them to behave as you expect and you’ve just wandered into your own self made insurance claim. And yes, I know you are all fellow road users. As am I..... so be aware!!

My car has been written off after being hit by a guy whose house I was visiting at the time. I’ve come out ok as the car had some minor problems and was doing my head in so in effect he’s done me a favour. The hassle behind the scenes has been fun and games.

I’ve had to get a lift to work from a colleague lately  - she’s easily the happiest wee person I’ve ever met but is shocking at driving. Every time a car in front brakes I think she’s going to plunge into the back of them and she can’t even keep her car straight on dual carriageways.

I’ve had to get a lift to work from a colleague lately  - she’s easily the happiest wee person I’ve ever met but is shocking at driving. Every time a car in front brakes I think she’s going to plunge into the back of them and she can’t even keep her car straight on dual carriageways.

I don't recall Mrs P mentioning she's giving anyone a lift into work recently!!

On 17/01/2019 at 08:43, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone who goes straight on from the right hand lane at the Great Western Road/Napiershall St junction - it's a fucking right turn only lane, you c**t!

This annoyed me for years when living in Glasgow. The amount of times I went into the left lane to go straight on then had some fucknugget in the right hand only lane continue straight on forcing me to slam the brakes when about to go back into the correct lane was ridiculous.