c***s on the road

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm probably on most of your c***s list, tbh. 

I don't speed through 30s, as there's no point, but will happily cut about around ~90 on motorways if there's no average speed cameras. Came up the M6 a few days back averaging about 96 without any issues. No idea why it's a huge deal when your cars built to cope with that tbh, the brakes on my car are designed to be safe to stop you over 100, so I've as much chance of emergency stopping in time as a shitty wee Corsa doing 60. I've had about a decade driving cars faster than I own too.

Had a Mercedes A-Class sitting up my arse for the length of the Glasgow Road, a 30, swaying about and giving wee flashes as if they were in some rapid supercar. They took the overtaking lane at Broxden beside me for some reason, so I spent the first few miles of the dual matching their speed, before seeing traffic in my lane, flooring it and going into the overtaking lane ahead of them, left them behind hoping they'd learned when shite appropriate. I got well in my place years ago and it settles you down, realising your not the fastest c**t on the road generally ends with you being more sensible. 

I regularly get BMWs flat out refusing the move over on duals aswell, can be an empty dual carriageway and they'll still trundle along at 70 in the right hand lane. I'm not demanding they speed, just move over so I can. 

I never knew that Jeremy Clarkson supported St Johnstone....

When you're driving through roadworks on a dual carriageway and both lanes are restricted to 30, and you're in the right lane and an ambulance comes up behind you lights flashing etc, and the left lane is packed solid, what are you supposed to do? Speed up, breaking the 30 limit, until there is a gap in the left? Or do what I did last night and presumptuously barge your way into the left lane, causing the guy behind to loudly conclude you are in fact a cnut on the road?

17 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yassssss!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-45509592/m25-middle-lane-hoggers-targeted-in-hertfordshire

"Police educated the driver"... hopefully with a large, heavy stick.

Repeatedly. That kind of behaviour is bad enough on reasonably busy motorways but I regularly come across it on the M74 when its absolutely dead - literally not another car in sight and you come up behind someone in the middle lane <_<

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Everyone gets caught eventually.

Cheers for the advice, Captain Sensible. I've already got a speeding fine, I can't tolerate four hour drives at a constant speed of 70 though, seems pointless. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Cheers for the advice, Captain Sensible. I've already got a speeding fine, I can't tolerate four hour drives at a constant speed of 70 though, seems pointless. 

It was more about driving other people's cars.

Just now, welshbairn said:

It was more about driving other people's cars.

It's part of my job to drive cars, I don't speed in other people's cars, fwiw. 

I have to say I'd love to be a traffic cop*, I'd be the biggest c**t on the road by a long chalk. None of this "warnings" shite; it'd be on the spot fines, point penalties, the lot - the absolute maximum every time for the slightest infringement.

However, I've been told by someone married to a traffic cop that they see very little wrongdoing when they're driving round in their jam sandwiches. Funny that, possibly a lesson to be learnt.

*I failed the basic qualification for entry. My parents were married.

8 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

It keeps your license pointless though

What's the difference between a license with three points and one with zero? 

My insurance went up £3 a month when I added my fine.