Ayr United v Stranraer

05ce93afb00d871014341b36ed22eac6.jpg

“Referee” Mat Norcroft allowed far too much of this today.

Correct, he lost control of the match after around 20 minutes. There was always going to be a sending off after that.

Thought it was going to be Geggan to be honest but McCall realised he’d lost his head and subbed him.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stranraer desperate to get the first half over with so they'd have the wind in the second, but I don't remember them managing a single shot on goal. Your keeper certainly started to move with purpose.

Thought the switch in formation in the second half worked well, especially with Moore out on the right.

First goal was simple stuff yet great to watch. Adams milked that sending off more than he does his cows.

It is always sweet when a team turn up to kill time, wind up players, leave the boot in and generally Airdrie the way through the game and get pumped, even more so when a clueless ref lets them away with it. 

I hope the coward who got a straight red for booting Jamie Adams in the face while he was on the ground never plays football again, absolute scum. Closely followed by the tool in the Somerset road end  who offered Jordan Hart a square go during the second half.

Stranraer, antics aside defended well against the wind and nearly caught us on the break a couple of times, The ref made a rod for his own back early on by letting things go, The challenge on Crawford was a straight red but he gave a yellow, So when Adams did almost the exact same challenge in the exact same place in thee second half the precedent had been set, another Coward got a straight red for throwing 2-3 punches at Adams on the deck and had to go.

McDaid was poor again, Hamill wound Geggan to breaking point and had to go off but other than that, no bad performances  

Great result for Ayr today.  Any time I once had for Stranraer is well and truly gone now after watching that bunch of cheating hacking time wasting scum.  Whats with the Stranraer  keeper trying to waste time during the first half, surely that  wasn't your game plan, was it? I can't just blame him as the rest of the dirty Stranraer team done the same, they all got exactly what they deserved today. and that was nothing. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It is always sweet when a team turn up to kill time, wind up players, leave the boot in and generally Airdrie the way through the game and get pumped, even more so when a clueless ref lets them away with it. 

I hope the coward who got a straight red for booting Jamie Adams in the face while he was on the ground never plays football again, absolute scum. Closely followed by the tool in the Somerset road end  who offered Jordan Hart a square go during the second half.

Stranraer, antics aside defended well against the wind and nearly caught us on the break a couple of times, The ref made a rod for his own back early on by letting things go, The challenge on Crawford was a straight red but he gave a yellow, So when Adams did almost the exact same challenge in the exact same place in thee second half the precedent had been set, another Coward got a straight red for throwing 2-3 punches at Adams on the deck and had to go.

McDaid was poor again, Hamill wound Geggan to breaking point and had to go off but other than that, no bad performances  

The walloper shouting at Hart was right behind me was a disgrace and frankly embarrassing,good win against a bunch of thugs

Why so hard on your own team. You won!

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Closely followed by the tool in the Somerset road end  who offered Jordan Hart a square go during the second half.

Never head anything from where I was standing . Surely it can't have been a Ayr fan? 

Ayr has a plan B and it paid off. We got what we deserved from that game.
Did ok the first half and rode the storm at times.
Think if Geggan walked for his two footed lunch in the first half the referee would of been able to control the game easier.
Scott Robertson has let us down for the second time this season by failing to control himself, which is disappointing. Ridiculous situation though. Referee blows for a foul, Adams comes in and clatters Robertson, both players react, Adams has the sense to distance himself and get out the referees site.
Yellow card for the foul and a red for both Adams and Robertson would of been correct.
Didn’t get a good view of the Bell sending off but looks a bit like handbags and a delayed reaction from Adams who then almost rolls the whole way down to Prestwick Road.
Bellford pulled of about five good saves and Moore missed a sitter whereas we didn’t even test the Ayr keeper. Deserved defeat.

Great result for Ayr today.  Any time I once had for Stranraer is well and truly gone now after watching that bunch of cheating hacking time wasting scum.  Whats with the Stranraer  keeper trying to waste time during the first half, surely that  wasn't your game plan, was it? I can't just blame him as the rest of the dirty Stranraer team done the same, they all got exactly what they deserved today. and that was nothing. 

I’d imagine it was try and hold on to nil nil to half time the way things were going. Can only remember once the Belford took a while in the first half.
Think every match thread on this forum has someone accusing the opposition of time wasting. Not great but every team is guilty of it.
I’d imagine Adams was time wasting when he walked fifteen yards with the ball away from where Stranraer were due to be taking a free kick.
Or when Docherty kept moving the ball instead of placing in the spot the referee originally did.
Petty.

4 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Ayr has a plan B and it paid off. We got what we deserved from that game.
Did ok the first half and rode the storm at times.
Think if Geggan walked for his two footed lunch in the first half the referee would of been able to control the game easier.
Scott Robertson has let us down for the second time this season by failing to control himself, which is disappointing. Ridiculous situation though. Referee blows for a foul, Adams comes in and clatters Robertson, both players react, Adams has the sense to distance himself and get out the referees site.
Yellow card for the foul and a red for both Adams and Robertson would of been correct.
Didn’t get a good view of the Bell sending off but looks a bit like handbags and a delayed reaction from Adams who then almost rolls the whole way down to Prestwick Road.
Bellford pulled of about five good saves and Moore missed a sitter whereas we didn’t even test the Ayr keeper. Deserved defeat.

1st sending off, he threw  2-3 punches and it also looked like he tried to knee Adams in the face. The second sending off was also for a punch and the ref seen it, so in both occasions the ref got it right, some of your players let your fans down today.

1st sending off, he threw  2-3 punches and it also looked like he tried to knee Adams in the face. The second sending off was also for a punch and the ref seen it, so in both occasions the ref got it right, some of your players let your fans down today.

The only punch I saw was Geggan punching the ball on the edge of his own box.
As I said I didn’t see the Bell incident too well. Robertson one was in front of me and he shouldn’t of reacted like he did.

Ayr Angels might be more apt than Ayr United....

Archived