Ayr United v Stranraer

Can Stinlar stop the mighty Ayr?

Can the Somerset faithful get behind the team?

Will the Moff grab another hat trick?

A great chance to keep the pressure on Raith but who knows which Ayr side will turn up.  

Stranraer will be well up for it I'm sure.

Hopefully no storms and we can get a decent crowd. 

Ayr 3, Stranraer 1.

Moff, Moore and Shankland.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say. Adams will almost definitely come in to centre mid with Doc, and Crawford left. Means Geggan to RB and a harsh dropping for Ferguson if so.. Gilmour or McDaid RM - wouldn't surprise me if it's Gilmour again. 

Never confident for games against Stranraer. We really should be winning this but no way is it going on my coupon. 

Unless he goes 433 with Moore starting. Could go Hart, Geggan Rose Higgins Boyle, Docherty Adams Crawford, then Moffatt behind Moore and Shankland. I'd love to somehow see that work. Puts a huge amount of pressure on the 3 midfielders though. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Can Stinlar stop the mighty Ayr?

I reckon not!

Can the Somerset faithful get behind the team?

No. we're all perpetually miserable and won't peep unless it's a big team or a significant match

Will the Moff grab another hat trick?

Absolutely capable

Prediction: 2 - 0

As per usual, Stinlar will be right up for this. Their fans absolutely despise us and that will rub off on their players. We simply must match their passion and intensity and iff we do we will win pretty convincingly.

Massive boast for us on Saturday with Moore coming off the bench and getting his goal, this is the game that I would finally unleash MSM.

Can see us going (4-3-1-2) Hart, Geggan, Higgins, Rose, Boyle, Docherty, Adams, Crawford, Moffat, Shankland, Moore

Subs:- Avci, Ferguson, Reid, Gilmour, Forrest, McGuffie, McDaid,

Personally I think this is extremly harsh on David Ferguson who has been v dece in recent games and personally I would keep him at RB and Geggan in the middle but cant see McCall dropping Docherty and against Stinlar Jamie Adams simply must start.

Prediction: Ayr United 4-1 Stinlar. Adams with all 4

Personally I'd go for

Hart

Fergusson Rose Higgins Boyle 

McDaid Geggan Adams Crawford 

Moffar Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Reid, Docherty, McGuffie, Gilmour, Forrest, Moore

Hell play this time, but most likely have Geggan at RB and play Doc at CM. 

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

Probably the biggest game we'll play this year. Just hope the play understand what this means to us all. Stranraer support embracing it, rumours of half a bus load making their way up.

Half a bus load you say? Good to see you’ll be doubling your usual home attendance for this one. 

Enjoy the game, Remeber play the game and not the occasion. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Game possibly in doubt, under 20s match tonight postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.  Possibly just being cautious.

Supposed to be dry until Saturday, should be fine. 

18 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

As per usual, Stinlar will be right up for this. Their fans absolutely despise us and that will rub off on their players. We simply must match their passion and intensity and iff we do we will win pretty convincingly.

Massive boast for us on Saturday with Moore coming off the bench and getting his goal, this is the game that I would finally unleash MSM.

Can see us going (4-3-1-2) Hart, Geggan, Higgins, Rose, Boyle, Docherty, Adams, Crawford, Moffat, Shankland, Moore

Subs:- Avci, Ferguson, Reid, Gilmour, Forrest, McGuffie, McDaid,

Personally I think this is extremly harsh on David Ferguson who has been v dece in recent games and personally I would keep him at RB and Geggan in the middle but cant see McCall dropping Docherty and against Stinlar Jamie Adams simply must start.

Prediction: Ayr United 4-1 Stinlar. Adams with all 4

Think you’ll find it’s not only Stranraer fans who despise some Ayr fans on here,try 9 out of 10 clubs and maybe even some Ayr fans.Just another game for the blues in this mini league to see who fills 2nd,3rd and 4th with RR champions elect.We only get 3 points if we win so it’s not a big deal,we will do our best against super Ayr but reading some comments on here it looks like a big game for the honest men,you must calm down.:whistle

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Think you’ll find it’s not only Stranraer fans who despise some Ayr fans on here,try 9 out of 10 clubs and maybe even some Ayr fans.Just another game for the blues in this mini league to see who fills 2nd,3rd and 4th with RR champions elect.We only get 3 points if we win so it’s not a big deal,we will do our best against super Ayr but reading some comments on here it looks like a big game for the honest men,you must calm down.:whistle

^^^ Typed through tears of rage. 

Archived