Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Usual list of no hopers and realistic targets.

Although McKinnon hasn't been punted as of yet, it seems like it's time for the usual thread.

The smart money has to be on Yogi who was desperate for the job before Mixu got it or Jim McIntyre who's available, decent reputation and a United cult hero.

:lol:  Nice one Ludo!!

That'll be Yuseless Yogi you are meaning, aye?

The man who finished G Locke's work at Stark's and helped us on to Div 1?

Oh wait, you are a Dundee fan. As long as they don't come calling for Barry Smith they can have Hughes!!

[emoji38]  Nice one Ludo!!
That'll be Yuseless Yogi you are meaning, aye?
The man who finished G Locke's work at Stark's and helped us on to Div 1?
Oh wait, you are a Dundee fan. As long as they don't come calling for Barry Smith they can have Hughes!!

I didn't say he'd be a success but his name would be up there.

Barry Smith would tell them to bolt. He's Derry'd Oot His Nut.

Typical Dundee fan infiltrating a thread which is about the big club in Dundee , The jealousy of dee fans towards their superior neighbours is overwhelming .

Aw yer no away to start your pish on this thread as well after your Kilmarnock debacle, surely?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aw yer no away to start your pish on this thread as well after your Kilmarnock debacle, surely?

Wouldn't have a thread to post on if your infatuation with the superior club in Dundee wasn't manifested in another of you're next manager poll's.

Is he part of the coaching staff at St Mirren? I thought he was released at the end of last season.

Seems to be involved with the development team, assistant coach behind Alan McManus.

We don't let folk retire, pretty sure we have David Clarkson as a scout or something too. Not sure if it's a Jack Ross idea or a st mirren idea but I guess it's good to look after folk where possible.

1 minute ago, Fony Titz said:

Seems to be involved with the development team, assistant coach behind Alan McManus.

We don't let folk retire, pretty sure we have David Clarkson as a scout or something too. Not sure if it's a Jack Ross idea or a st mirren idea but I guess it's good to look after folk where possible.

I reckon Webster will be a good one to hang on to as I reckon he can potentially go on to be a good manager/coach. 

I reckon Webster will be a good one to hang on to as I reckon he can potentially go on to be a good manager/coach. 

I think McManus obviously thinks the same. I also think his reputation ( ie ex Scotland International/cup winning captain/***-wage lifter [i see that as a good thing]) will encourage parents of youngsters who might be in two minds of signing for us or an other team to actually sign for us.

Of his leadership qualities I think most saints fans need to be convinced. We all hoped he'd have a positive influence on our young centre halves during matches but that didn't ever seem to happen. It may just be down to him having to worry about his own short comings more than their but he didn't ever seem to have the presence or influence that we hoped he'd bring.

7 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

Of his leadership qualities I think most saints fans need to be convinced. We all hoped he'd have a positive influence on our young centre halves during matches but that didn't ever seem to happen. It may just be down to him having to worry about his own short comings more than their but he didn't ever seem to have the presence or influence that we hoped he'd bring.

His leadership qualities were one of his biggest pluses during his time at United. He turned Garry Kenneth into an international centre half and during a poor period I recall him calling a team meeting where he asked the management team to leave before telling a few home truths to certain players and playing a true captains role even though he was only on loan at the time. 

16 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Tommy Wright was really keen last time so I would imagine he will pretty high up the list.

Think Wright might still be a bit upset at the fact Thompson came out and said Mixu was his number one target.    Would you want to drop a league and work for a man that rated Mixu as being the better option?

But as we all know money talks in football.......... so that’s confirmed it’s not going to be Wright.  There is absolutely zero chance of Thompson paying what would be needed for  Wright to become the manager at United.

His leadership qualities were one of his biggest pluses during his time at United. He turned Garry Kenneth into an international centre half and during a poor period I recall him calling a team meeting where he asked the management team to leave before telling a few home truths to certain players and playing a true captains role even though he was only on loan at the time. 

I think that's the sort of thing we were all hoping from him it just never seemed to happen.

I'm taking the smart approach of waiting for happyaccie to tell us what absolute random he's found on FM that he's "stuck his mortgage on", and then putting my money on Jim McIntyre

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

I think Webster would be a big plus in the coaching staff, but what's far more important is a Webster-like character in the playing squad.  

Someone who is good and preferably a defender who can organise his defence and someone who will give an on-field bollocking if needed.  

It would have been hard for Saturday's captain to bollock anyone as he was one of the worst players on the park and has been in most of the games he's played this season.

Archived