Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The trouble is, of course, that all the realistic candidates are rubbish. Such is life.

Only if you have unrealistic expectations.  I want someone who can organise the team, has a tactical plan, is willing to drop underperforming players, has a plan B, can buy players that create a balanced team and can deal with the simple, stupid things.

I reckon there are managers out there in our budget range that can do these things.

Oh, and an added bonus, a manager who is prepared to admit that we were shite when we were shite.  Sadly McKinnon is exactly like McNamara in respect of never willing to recognise and admit our failings.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Only if you have unrealistic expectations.  I want someone who can organise the team, has a tactical plan, is willing to drop underperforming players, has a plan B, can buy players that create a balanced team and can deal with the simple, stupid things.

I reckon there are managers out there in our budget range that can do these things.

Oh, and an added bonus, a manager who is prepared to admit that we were shite when we were shite.  Sadly McKinnon is exactly like McNamara in respect of never willing to recognise and admit our failings.

I never listen to/read post match interviews, it seems to me an Armageddon option (see Yogi at Raith last season) and that a manager is best to stick to clichés about working hard in training to resolve the issues (OK, I do sometimes) is a better option. I don't think bland post match failures necessarily  means a manager is unaware of his teams failings but these days with transfer windows there's not always a quick fix.

You preferred the Mixu approach? I'd take bland and boring over that any day.

Whoever we bring in as manager, I would like to see Andy Webster brought in in some capacity. He is the last decent captain we have had and would be a proper leader in the dressing room. 

I can't see him taking that step down in his career.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Aye cause he had a great coaching career in Norway right enough.

And your knowledge of Norwegian football has been taken on board and dismissed with the alacrity it deserves, he was a much sought after coach in his spell at Fulham , judging him on a spell abroad is typical of the narrow minded outlook of a Dundee fan .

Allan Stubbs? A manager who has already failed miserably to get a club with a much higher budget out of this league? Tommy Wright? Why I'm he'll would he leave st Johnstone to go to United? McIntyre for me is the only half decent choice out of that lot.

Hopefully Tommy Wright recognises the potential the Utd job represents as a stepping stone to such opportunities as York City. Between this and the lure of a penthouse apartment on the Cleppie Rd he'd be crazy not to at least consider it.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Swing and miss.

Try again :-)

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Ok I shall put it in a language you may understand, your posts are mainly devoid of any sense with regard to Scottish football so I'm highly unlikely to regard you as a font of knowledge regarding Norwegian football .

8 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I think id be extremely unhappy if we appointed the likes of Mcintyre or Hughes tbh

He's done really well at this level. He's exactly what Dundee United need. 

Archived