The Great outdoors.

PB 4.2

Perhaps the only disadvantage of living in the most beautiful shire in Scotland is peer pressure from friends to go for a countryside ramble.   Naturally, I always decline, but today I decided to jump, solo,  into my Cee'd to seek out a woodland carpark to follow path and I ended up going on what I can only describe as a medium to long length walk!    As I walked I pondered whether the outdoors were indeed 'Great' or whether this was another useless idiom to rank alongside the Brittish bake-off.   

The Great points:  

Free parking.   

Squirrels

Adequate public toilets.  

Wooden skirting around the path.   

Semi-regular bins.   

The bad points:   

Poor phone reception 

Slippy leaves on pathway. 

No food or beverage outlets 

Annoyingly overfriendly interaction with other walkers.    

I returned to my KIA tired, and a little underwhelmed.   My outdoors experience was good but not great.   It gave me flashbacks to visiting Nandos for the first time.    

Returning home to my abode got me thinking about the underappreciated underdog:  AKA 'The indoors'.     The flat screen TV, the power shower, the snooker table, the extender table, the iPod docking station,  the island kitchen, the electronic tin opener, the microwave oven, the fridge freezer, the duck feathers pillow, the sauna, the clothes horse, the washing machine, the corner unit, SKY TV.   

My day was worthwhile, If only the cement my belief that:  indoors> outdoors  

The outdoors are:  Good

The indoors are:  Great

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Perhaps the only disadvantage of living in the most beautiful shire in Scotland is peer pressure from friends to go for a countryside ramble.   Naturally, I always decline, but today I decided to jump, solo,  into my Cee'd to seek out a woodland carpark to follow path and I ended up going on what I can only describe as a medium to long length walk!    As I walked I pondered whether the outdoors were indeed 'Great' or whether this was another useless idiom to rank alongside the Brittish bake-off.   

The Great points:  

Free parking.   

Squirrels

Adequate public toilets.  

Wooden skirting around the path.   

Semi-regular bins.   

The bad points:   

Poor phone reception 

Slippy leaves on pathway. 

No food or beverage outlets 

Annoyingly overfriendly interaction with other walkers.    

I returned to my KIA tired, and a little underwhelmed.   My outdoors experience was good but not great.   It gave me flashbacks to visiting Nandos for the first time.    

Returning home to my abode got me thinking about the underappreciated underdog:  AKA 'The indoors'.     The flat screen TV, the power shower, the snooker table, the extender table, the iPod docking station,  the island kitchen, the electronic tin opener, the microwave oven, the fridge freezer, the duck feathers pillow, the sauna, the clothes horse, the washing machine, the corner unit, SKY TV.   

My day was worthwhile, If only the cement my belief that:  indoors> outdoors  

The outdoors are:  Good

The indoors are:  Great

https://www.swingingheaven.co.uk/dogging/locations/perthshire-dogging.html

3 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Squirrels are bang average animals. 

It was squirrels or trees and leaves.   Squirrels had become the (x) Hamster of the outdooring world.  

12 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Tell the truth. You've been out dogging haven't you. This is just some ruse to cover your tracks.

The outdoors would be better with an element of fear. Being at the top of the food chain in Scotland gives you a cockiness whilst striding through the wilderness.

If the government were to introduce bears or wolves then it would certainly make camping more fun than shitting in a bucket.

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Where in #perthshire did you go? 

I am currently back in the Shire for a wee holiday at my parents. Took a beautiful run over the Sma' Glen on Thursday.

Faskally woods mate.  

The outdoors would be better with an element of fear. Being at the top of the food chain in Scotland gives you a cockiness whilst striding through the wilderness.

If the government were to introduce bears or wolves then it would certainly make camping more fun than shitting in a bucket at 3am in morning

Ftfy

Squirrels are quality wee laddies. Playful and busy. Never see a squirrel just moping about.

I’m sitting on a park bench in Denver reading this and was just reflecting on how the city squirrels are much smaller and scrawnier looking than the muscular, glossy looking mofos up by my house. I don’t know if it’s the higher altitude or the clean mountain air but it’s like comparing a mid-twentieth century Glaswegian with a big, hairy arsed highlander.

You’d have to catch a lot more of the city ones to make a decent pot of stew.

You get red squirrels in Perthshire. Greys are just neds from the States. 

MInd you I once saw a Black Grouse in Perthshire. Black Grouse > Squirrels. 

The advantage of indoors (certainly my indoors) is that it doesn't have any dug shite. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Absolute nonsense, bang average animals can’t run up vertical walls.

The grey ones can be very aggressive. My old cat would often get in tear-ups with them and would give him some nasty injuries. A badger almost knocked me off my mountain bike once too. Don’t let it be said that there are no dangerous animals in the wilds of Scotland.

Archived