Hibs vs Hearts

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts were poor. Lafferty upfront on his own was lost, no support at all. Found himself dropping deep to try and flick balls on but because hearts were so deep it was onto no one. I’m guessing levein told them to keep passing backwards, and even when they got forward, the decision making was poor. Especially early in the 2nd half, when i think it was walker should have crossed it 1st time, but tried to beat the hibs boy again. But make no mistake, hibs played really well, pressed well, were pretty much 1st to every ball. Lennon must have targeted the wings with boyle as the best chance of getting in behind him and it did work.
Has to be said as well, dallas has got to be the most lenient ref on the face of the planet, but maybe made it a better game than it would have been had he blown for everything.

58 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Boy took his goal well, can't really complain.

I know McGinn gets all the plaudits, but the real baller in that midfield is McGeouch. Never ever seems to waste the ball and can pick a pass.

Mikey Stewart summed it up well when he said there are too many average players at Hearts.

As for Djoum, I really don't get any Hearts fan saying he's a big miss. I really hope him AND Walker gtf in the January window tbh.

Aye, it was a fair result, and agreed about McGeouch, very good player. The young winger wi the shite beard had a good game too, very quick and direct, Grezlak was a waste of a jersey.

In saying that though, even though Hibs had a lot of the ball, it didnt feel like they were going to score again, so Im not sure if thats to do with levein making the team more "solid" or they made poor choices. Positives were Mclaughlin- safe pair of hands. I like Souttar on the ball but not every set piece ffs and Cochrane done well when he came on. Thats about it really, hoofed it far too much in the first half, you need to be alwiser than that after losing such an early goal. Lafferty was stranded with not enough support and Callachan is not a no.10. Walker did look more up for it than he has done in a while but, they were just better in that position.

Tl:dr  version - fuk yez

51 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

No, but it's where you finish that matters, and I can't remember the last time that Hibs finished the season in the same league having won more points than Hearts. ^_^

The season you were both relegated.

ETA...ah, I see you're being a pedantic cunto.

As has been the curse of our season so far, the scoreline didn't end up reflecting the game. Can't really grumble though, an absolute cigar job again. I've been a boring c**t all season saying this (mostly whilst moaning about them not all playing) but I love that midfield three. Skimmed past lots of deserved praise for McGeough and McGinn but Bartley is a joy to have in your team for games like this. He brings a combination of swag and outright aggression that genuinely inspires me to be a worse person.

Hearts really are fucking terrible. The extra fight I expected from a Levein team amounted to lots of dragging folk back after being left for dead but none of the qualities needed to win second balls and take control of a game. You'd think with one goal in it and us constatly fluffing our lines on the break, that we might've been punished. Barely even seemed like Hearts had a go at it though, a proper wee stanes performance all round. 

Beamer for me that I was such a negative shitebag before this. Might actually watch the team I'm talking about before offering up a bunch of psuedo-analytical opinions on them next time, tbf knpGu0b.png

Hibs totally deserved that, same old from us at Easter Road where we simply didn't match the fight that the Hibs players showed. Was actually delighted to get in to half time at 1-0 down as thought we if we rode the storm we could grab a few chances but don't even remember one clear opportunity. 

The midfield is a difference between the two teams, McGeouch and McGinn dominated us compared to Grzelak/Callaghan/Cochrane. Hibs do exactly what I wished we'd do in a derby where they come out all guns blazing and it paid off with a stunning finish, Murray had Smith  on toast the whole first half. 

Hope Grzelak doesn't get a game for the foreseeable and wouldn't be particularly disappointed to see Smith dropped after that either. A bit controversial but I don't get the hype behind Cochrane, not ready and far, far too lightweight in midfield for a big game. Worrying that Levein is saying he's the answer for the next few games, he's going to get bullied to f**k against Rangers. Happy to be proved wrong and I'm sure he'll be a cracking player eventually but not the short term answer for me - Brandon also falls under this bracket. 

Thought Hibs created a good atmosphere, seems a good move to make the singing section up to the stand opposite us as before it did seem a bit confined to the east stand. Hoping we do something similar once the new stand is ready as it does make a difference in a derby.

Bring on the **** on Saturday. 8)

Hibs are a far better team than us right now, and only one of the weirdo "it's still the 1980s" Kickbackers would disagree. Here's a thing, though - rather than losing our minds and foaming and spitting about what they did/didn't do, how about fixing it? I'm no one of they Bill Shanklys, but signing players in positions we're weak in would be a good start. 8)

There was a bigger crowd, but did playing Hearts remind anyone else of playing Dumbarton?

They were set up well, but never remotely looked like they'd bother us if we got the first goal.

Their manager knows they are playing a superior team, they're okay with avoiding a drubbing.

They're closer to being in the fucking sea than they are to Hibs.

Archived