Hibs vs Hearts

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Arthur's Seat said:

Aye that last 3rd place finish worked out well with your stellar Maltese adventure. At least you've had plenty of stellar cup runs the last few years eh....

Big boys league consistency > pub league football and a few fairy tale cup runs.

18 minutes ago, Arthur's Seat said:

Aye I just about remember the days when Hertz used to go to Hampden instead of just getting pumped out by Hibs early doors. Maybe one day soon again...

It really is inconsequential when you go out. Winning is all that counts and losing at Hampden is fucking shit. We've won it thrice in my life time.

Usually when we do get to Hampden we fucking wreck Hibs and go all the way.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Big boys league consistency > pub league football and a few fairy tale cup runs.

Four semi finals in three years with two finals, winning one in one of the most spectacular endings and stories of Scottish footballs recent history is 'a few fairytale cup runs'  :lol:

Aye, at least you arent bothered at all by them you fucking moon unit.

I'd maybe buy Hearts being nonchalant about cups if the fans weren't at each other's throats for a year over a manager who took them from the Championship to 3rd in the top flight but happened to lose one cup tie. Or if the next manager hadn't been given the summer but sacked after the league cup group stage.

Indeed whilst this joyous 'big boys league consistency' was happening, the author of those words was ready to give up supporting Hearts.

Fooling naebody.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

It is a stick on that Darren has a 5-1 pose of himself as a profile pic on pussbook. Seems like the sort of boy that wouldn't be seen dead without sporting a well worn pair of maroon gazelles no matter what the occasion. 

Is this what amounts for patter these days? Fucking hell.

6 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Good to see the 5-1 patter is still in effect for the Heartz boiz.

Definitely not still hurting over that Paul Hanlon goal. Not one little bit.

There's a certain amount of hypocrisy in that post given your username.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:08, paranoid android said:

Randall back in at right back,, Smith to left back.

Not sure I would start Milinkovic, but Buaben has to Start as he's just useless these days - Cochrane has earned a start, but it's a tough call.

Walker has to actually turn up for a derby for once.

FTFY

I think I've changed my mind over Milinkovic - he should maybe start - definitely ahead of Buaben, anyway.
I actually think Levein might sneak Cowie in, as if that would be a good thing. 

Levein said on Saturday that Cowie won’t be playing on Tuesday, maybe available for the weekend...

11 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

We’re fucked if we have to play Simon Murray.

You mean he's not the new Jason Cummings and he's been complete shite after scoring a few goals against utter diddies? Well, strike me down.

Fair enough - painfully short of numbers and quality in midfield these days - surely Levein has realised this, and will rectify in January, 

Very true. I think we’ve learned January signings can be a very mixed bag though. Hopefully we sign more boys from the pub leagues and they end up being decent.

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

Very true. I think we’ve learned January signings can be a very mixed bag though. Hopefully we sign more boys from the pub leagues and they end up being decent.

I'm now wondering whether some of those guys we picked up in January weren't as bad as they looked, and it was more about Cathro not being able to get them to play - don't suppose we'll ever know. 

I've no doubt most of them were good enough for the Scottish league, but it can't have been easy figuring out what they were supposed to do with Cathro sitting arranging cans in alphabetical order and repeating "I'm an excellent driver" over and over.

Archived