St Mirren v Morton

1 hour ago, btb said:

We were hot favourites going into the last derby and got turned over. :bag

Gonna have to take this game by the scruff of the neck if we're to take all three points!

Having just picked up 4 points from two difficult away fixtures as well as two clean sheets, then we should be confident of  continuing our good home form.   Only concern for me would be the injury that was hampering McGinn yesterday, we need him to be fit. 

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's definitely the potential for us to get pummelled in this one. Almost Impossible to see an away win with St Mirrens home form/ league position. versus our pedestrian midfield (probably minus Tidser as well).  Our defence will have to do well (as they have so far)  There's always the chance that Quitongo  lights up the game for us

I can see the usual full blooded encounter with a penalty/sending off incident tipping the balance.  These games are rarely boring  so despite the risk of a 'reverse' - I'm really looking forward to it

17 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

I agree being top of this league you have to give credit to St.Mirren but seeing the scores coming in every week or so, I don't see what's the great deal with them, they're shaky at the back and fairly okay going forward.

They also got pumped 3-1 off of Raith the other week. Our defence is fairly solid barring the odd mistake, especially with Sir Ricki in at centre half. Quitongo will rip their defence apart with McHugh scoring.

However if Tidser is out forget everything I just said.

You get to be top of the league for a reason as you will learn on Saturday.  

Can't see there being a pumping, despite the 10 goals scored in the last two derbies at Cappielow. 

Morton are well organised and very tough to beat. I'd be very happy if Quitongo started out wide, though. 

We are a better prospect at home than away. The return of Magennis is great news, especially if McGinn is a doubt. 

Honestly, this is anyone's guess. Might get pelters for this, but I'd probably take a draw today if offered.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't see there being a pumping, despite the 10 goals scored in the last two derbies at Cappielow. 

Morton are well organised and very tough to beat. I'd be very happy if Quitongo started out wide, though. 

We are a better prospect at home than away. The return of Magennis is great news, especially if McGinn is a doubt. 

Honestly, this is anyone's guess. Might get pelters for this, but I'd probably take a draw today if offered.

A draw would be a very poor result given our home record  this season.

If Dumbarton can get a point at cappielow with a team containing a clutch of Alex Rae duds like Gallagher Walsh Gallacher and Kyle fucking Hutton, then surely we should be looking for 3 points.

Just now, glenburn bud said:

A draw would be a very poor result given our home record  this season.

If Dumbarton can get a point at cappielow with a team containing a clutch of Alex Rae duds like Gallagher Walsh Gallacher and Kyle fucking Hutton, then surely we should be looking for 3 points.

Just pre-derby nerves! 

A draw would be a good result considering we pumped you 4-1 last time round. Form goes out the window in these games.

Tbh, at this time of year in the past 2 years if I'm correct we have had 2 1-1 draws, Morton scoring late on in both - that's my bet for Saturday.

1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:

A draw would be a good result considering we pumped you 4-1 last time round. Form goes out the window in these games.

Tbh, at this time of year in the past 2 years if I'm correct we have had 2 1-1 draws, Morton scoring late on in both - that's my bet for Saturday.

I like to see a strong Morton makes for better games , lets be honest here these are as good as it gets in recent times for Morton. Gone are the good days of the late 60's and 70's when Morton had some fantastic teams unfortunately a result of reconstruction. Never mind there is always a team up the road in black & white you can follow who at least get to win cups and get into the top league :P

I can only assume you haven't read any of Gammy's offerings.

That accolade jointly  belongs to your very own Tetra and Virgin ton.

That's not patter. That's the written slavers of a simpleton. Different thing altogether

Left yesterday’s game disappointed at the 0-0 draw.

Starting the second quarter already two points worse off than we started the first quarter.

However IF we can get a win on Saturday we’ll actually be one point ahead of our first quarter points.

HUGE game for Saints.

Win and the momentum stays.

Archived