St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Missed the last game at the crumbling hovel so hopefully we can restore normality and all will be right with the world. Mrs Boo* is coming to her first game in years so we'd better win to keep her face straight.

*Cue pictures of typical Paisley birds.

If you and you good lady need signed in 1877 club ,let me know :thumsup2

11 minutes ago, Young gun said:

If you and you good lady need signed in 1877 club ,let me know :thumsup2

Very kind of you bud:thumsup2 Smiler (Graeme) from the official site forum has given me his card which he has only used once as he stays in Essex but he has to email a director to get guests in hence i've never bothered using it and I usually just meet my friends and family in The Bankhouse.

However, i'll run it past Mrs Boo and maybe get back to you. Thanks again.

I agree being top of this league you have to give credit to St.Mirren but seeing the scores coming in every week or so, I don't see what's the great deal with them, they're shaky at the back and fairly okay going forward.

They also got pumped 3-1 off of Raith the other week. Our defence is fairly solid barring the odd mistake, especially with Sir Ricki in at centre half. Quitongo will rip their defence apart with McHugh scoring.

However if Tidser is out forget everything I just said.

Seeing the scores coming in weekly would show you we have the best form in the league surely??
Morton peaked last season and unfortunately for them we will hand them a pumping.
3.0 and our scurvy ridden cousins to go back to in-fighting on their marvellous thread

I think we'll do a lot better in games like this than games against the teams at the lower end. We can't break teams down but we can still do well on the counter attack. Don't have the fear about this game at all, doubt we'll get pumped

3 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

I think we'll do a lot better in games like this than games against the teams at the lower end. We can't break teams down but we can still do well on the counter attack. Don't have the fear about this game at all, doubt we'll get pumped

Agreed. We have beaten the top two in the league this season, albeit both at home. Next weekend will be different. If Duffy can set up the team properly to defend and hit on the break there is no reason why we can’t get anything from this. I’d expect us to go 4-5-1 with three very deep lying central midfield players, and I’d play Quitongo up top himself to harry their back line and cause problems, bringing the two wide players into the game.

Thread off to a strong start with no 'hilarious' team names. I approve.

As for the game, I'd say it's impossible to call. Our defence is getting better but still feels like a calamity isn't far away. Quitongo could run them ragged; if Morton can get someone to run alongside him to put the ball away, we could be in trouble. 

I'd be tempted to go with Sutton and Reilly/Smith up front. 

7 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Agreed. We have beaten the top two in the league this season, albeit both at home. Next weekend will be different. If Duffy can set up the team properly to defend and hit on the break there is no reason why we can’t get anything from this. I’d expect us to go 4-5-1 with three very deep lying central midfield players, and I’d play Quitongo up top himself to harry their back line and cause problems, bringing the two wide players into the game.

Duffy has never played 451 in his puff so cant see him starting now.

Hope Jai is back up top as that's our best chance of grabbing something. Would go with Mchugh alongside him.

We actually have the joint best defence in the league so I'm not expecting a pumping, our 3 losses this season have been by a single goal. However we are still woeful middle to front, so one paced and lacking any cutting edge so cant see us creating that much unless Jai does it all himself. We need Tidser back to have a chance.

2-1 Saints.

Everything points to us getting an absolute shafting here, and particularly a performance like the first half yesterday will see us get eviscerated in midfield and 5-0 down by half-time. Then again, we all expected a pumping before the first derby and that somehow worked out extremely well.

For the love of god Duffy, no matter what nonsense you're doing with the midfield, stop wasting Quitongo on the wing. Get him at centre forward where we know he's capable of destroying that defence.

If we have all of our players fit and Duffy picks the right team then we shouldn't fear St. Mirren. They're a decent side but so are we on our day. 

If everyone is fit I'd go for-

Gaston

Doyle  Lamie. O'Ware.  Russell

Forbes  Tidser Murdoch Thomson

Oliver Quitongo 

Subs- doohan, harkins, mchugh, tiffoney + some youngsters.

1-1. Quitongo with the goal. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This 'woe is us, we're dreading it' nonsense is the same patter the Morton fans came away with before the last game. 

Stop it. No one buys it. 

Ok.

Can we have another one of those games where we equalise up at the home end sometime around midnight? They're pretty funny.

Archived