Goals updates

fan of the juniors

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Lanark 8 nil up at half time v Newmains, tough start for the new management

Full time Lanark 12-0 win.  Gary and Craig - new management duo at Newmains -

have a lot of work ahead of them. Won't be easy in their first job at junior level.

Larkhall Thistle 2-2 Maryhill.

Enjoyable game this afternoon at Gaswork Park. Larkhall were by far the superior team in the first half, but had only an expertly taken Mark Canning penalty kick after 25mns to show for their efforts.

Maryhill made a fast start to the 2nd half, they had a headed effort come off the crossbar in the opening minute.
Soon after I was distraught to see one of my favourite players Graham Gracie being subbed, it was like watching one of your Golf Balls sailing out of bounds.
The Maryhill lads appreciated the substitution though, they scored twice through MOM, Reece McGillion.
Firstly after 55mns from a penalty after a clumsy challenge inside the box gave his side the award.
The after 75mns when he headed his side in front.
Larkhall finished the game in fine style. Jonny McStay went close with a header.
Marty Clarke had a fine run into the box, & shot narrowly past the post.
Then Larkhall lad Ryan Innes got his side a point when he confidently shot home from close range.
When the mud settled, a point apiece was just about right.
Decent attendance, niceto see Gaswork Park looking in good condition.
Excellent Match Magazine produced by the Club for today’s game as well.

Larkhall Thistle 2-2 Maryhill.

Enjoyable game this afternoon at Gaswork Park. Larkhall were by far the superior team in the first half, but had only an expertly taken Mark Canning penalty kick after 25mns to show for their efforts.

Maryhill made a fast start to the 2nd half, they had a headed effort come off the crossbar in the opening minute.
Soon after I was distraught to see one of my favourite players Graham Gracie being subbed, it was like watching one of your Golf Balls sailing out of bounds.
The Maryhill lads appreciated the substitution though, they scored twice through MOM, Reece McGillion.
Firstly after 55mns from a penalty after a clumsy challenge inside the box gave his side the award.
The after 75mns when he headed his side in front.
Larkhall finished the game in fine style. Jonny McStay went close with a header.
Marty Clarke had a fine run into the box, & shot narrowly past the post.
Then Larkhall lad Ryan Innes got his side a point when he confidently shot home from close range.
When the mud settled, a point apiece was just about right.
Decent attendance, niceto see Gaswork Park looking in good condition.
Excellent Match Magazine produced by the Club for today’s game as well.

You have posted a good summary of the game,however I thought Maryhill should've won the game in the second half after going 1 up in the second half we were totally shite

1 hour ago, JuniorMan said:

Sounded like a good game today.
I know you don’t attend a lot of games but was you there today and did Pollok deserve the 3 points?

I was at the game and would say Pollok deserved win, Pollok front line caused Beith a lot of problems with pace, 2 boy Mccann,s and Young played well, Beith not at best but Pollok goalie had 2 great saves with his feet in 2nd half, a right good game to watch.

I was at the game and would say Pollok deserved win, Pollok front line caused Beith a lot of problems with pace, 2 boy Mccann,s and Young played well, Beith not at best but Pollok goalie had 2 great saves with his feet in 2nd half, a right good game to watch.

Thank you for that Ladeside 77.[emoji106]

Archived