Public Service Broadcasting

Cardinal Richelieu

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree, it was the most I've enjoyed a gig in a while too. Music, lights and videos all combined really well to give a performance full of energy and really tell a story too. Saw them once before at Oran Mor and that was great too but Barrowlands show was outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 15/04/2018 at 11:09, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Did anyone see them in the Usher Hall last night? Absolutely brilliant, although the acoustics weren't a patch on the Barras and I struggled to make out any of the "lyrics". 

Depends on where you were. We moved from near the front/centre to beside the disabled viewing platform and the sound difference was remarkable. Stayed there for the rest of the night.

I think Saturday was the 5th or 6th time I've seen them now and they seem to be getting better. As my pal commented after the gig they're starting to build up a pretty solid catalogue of tunes to play for their lives shows. Night Mail was the absolute stand out for me with Korolev a close second.

6 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

Sadly I was unable to go on Saturday, but I was wondering how busy it was? As it looks as if they're struggling to sell tickets for this tour.

Busy as f**k. From what i could see, downstairs was full and every seat on the upper 2 levels were taken. I could only see 1 section of the upstairs though.

On 4/18/2018 at 05:25, MeadowArab said:

Sadly I was unable to go on Saturday, but I was wondering how busy it was? As it looks as if they're struggling to sell tickets for this tour.

They had just toured in November last year (maybe October?) where they did a Glasgow date and they had played Edinburgh about this time last year so with three potential gigs for central belt based Scots fans to check out I had wondered if they might be as well attended but as mentioned above the Usher Hall was packed out though maybe not quite sold out.

• 3 years later...

Saw them once at my 4th of 5th Loopallu. I was pretty steaming by that point but I enjoyed what I heard.