Aberdeen v Celtic - 25/10/17

"The tribunal found Tonev guilty on the grounds that Logan had been "clear and unequivocal". The impression of Tonev was that he was "guarded and hesitant" and that his account was "inherently improbable". "The crucial finding in the case was that Logan was not only a credible witness, but more particularly he was a reliable witness". SFA Tribunal led by Lord Bonomy, former Judge  on the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. Finding guilt based on the testimony of both players and the referee.

"We'll stick by him as we know he didn't say it - that's the main thing. I don't think he needed to explain himself. We know he didn't say it.  We know he doesn't come in and lie". Celtic Captain Scott Brown defends Tonev, found guilty of racially abusing an opponent. Based on nothing at all.

"Clearly Aleksander continues to have our full support". Glasgow Celtic FC. Showing Racism the Red Card.

Booooooooo, Booooooooooo, Boooooooooooooo. TGFITW. Every time Shay Logan touches the ball.

Lest we forget. A CLUB LIKE NO OTHER.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/11200081/Celtic-to-stick-by-Aleksandar-Tonev-despite-seven-game-ban-for-racial-abuse-of-Aberdeens-Shaleum-Logan.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/11297683/Celtic-loanee-Aleksandar-Tonev-loses-appeal-against-seven-match-suspension-for-racial-abuse.html

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooft, Aberdeen appear to have another rocket on here that would make standfree appear mentally stable.

Anyway I would ring a few changes for this one. Tierney looked out on his arse against Hibs after less than an hour so would like to see Miller given a start. Same could be said for Griffiths so Moussa in too. Armstrong has been prettyy ineffective past two games as well so maybe bring Ntcham/Rogic in for a bit more physciality.

We're unbeaten, look defensively sound and have the chance to go clear at the top. Celtic are just starting to look a bit leggy and shaky at the back. A big crowd under the lights which I'll actually be up in Aberdeen for.

It's all set-up for an absolutely textbook 3-0 away win for Celtic.

Some big decisions for McInnes; where to play Shinnie, who replaces Christie, whether to start with both Rooney and May. Personally don't know the answers to #1 and #3, but would be quite keen to see Wright replace Christie through the middle, provided Tansey isn't fit to move McLean up the park. Stewart will be seen as the natural replacement, but we really need energy and legs without Christie, which I'm not sure Stewart will provide, especially against opposition like Celtic. Not calls I particularly envy McInnes having to make, though. 

Time for DM NOT to start making decisions.

Four at the back.

Keep Shinnie at LB.

Tansey for Christie agreed if fit. McLean slightly further forward.

Wright for Rooney.

Jobs a good 'un.

Lewis

Logan

Arnason

McKenna

Shinnie

O'Connor

Tansey

GMS

McLean

Wright

May

7 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Four at the back.

Keep Shinnie at LB.

Wright for Rooney.

Jobs a good 'un.

Lewis

Logan

Arnason

McKenna

Shinnie

O'Connor

Tansey

GMS

McLean

Wright

May

You trust GMS in the big games?

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Four at the back.

Keep Shinnie at LB.

Wright for Rooney.

Jobs a good 'un.

Lewis

Logan

Arnason

McKenna

Shinnie

O'Connor

Tansey

GMS

McLean

Wright

May

That's what I'd go for if Tansey is fit. I can see the logic for having Shinnie in midfield against a team containing Brown, but would be sceptical about disrupting a stable back four which has been working well. He is more effective offensively at left-back without McGinn and especially Hayes, as there is more ground ahead of him to exploit. Also don't much fancy Considine against the trickery of Roberts or the pace of Forrest, and without the additional support offered by Hayes and/or McGinn last season. 

That's what I'd go for if Tansey is fit. I can see the logic for having Shinnie in midfield against a team containing Brown, but would be sceptical about disrupting a stable back four which has been working well. He is more effective offensively at left-back without McGinn and especially Hayes, as there is more ground ahead of him to exploit. Also don't much fancy Considine against the trickery of Roberts or the pace of Forrest, and without the additional support offered by Hayes and/or McGinn last season. 

Precisely. Andy has got off lightly from criticism. He's a bomb scare at FB v Celtic.

Bookies don't fancy our chances much. Best odds 11/2 for a home win.

Pretty damning indictment on Scottish football when the team 2nd on goal difference only is such high odds at home.

I'll be having a flutter though. Aberdeen win Logan to score anytime. 11/2 and 16/1. Or possibly go for 2-1 Logan anytime at 130/1.

Archived