Clyde v Peterhead.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On to the game thought peterhead deserved to win better football team and thought McAlister was class as usual
Credit the peterhead fans who.made the trip had a couple of words outside ground and in bar 58
Good eggs [emoji16] and I'm sure that long trip was worthwhile [emoji122]

Nicholl - Our Captain who unfortunately leads by example. Slow and a liability

Cuddihy - jogs back while his opponents sprint into attacking positions. Don't worry though, the centre halves will deal with them.

Ramsay - scored then disappeared into his normal ineffectual state.

McNiff - sees invisible people wearing Clyde shirts. Only reason I can see for some of his passing.

Wright - the smallest man on the field but Currie's continued choice of player to punt the ball to. Never won one header.

Osadolor - stood out on the wing waiting for the pass that never came, not that he looked bothered.

Goodwillie - left to his own devices to bring down the ball from 10 feet in the air, control it, find no other supporting player within 30 yards and then somehow make a chance.

Currie - tied to a wire along the goal line. Good forbid he ever finds out he can step forward when the opposing team are preparing to shoot.

Chapman - no substitutions until 4-1 down. He must have been happy with the performance up to then.

Nicholl - Our Captain who unfortunately leads by example. Slow and a liability

Cuddihy - jogs back while his opponents sprint into attacking positions. Don't worry though, the centre halves will deal with them.

Ramsay - scored then disappeared into his normal ineffectual state.

McNiff - sees invisible people wearing Clyde shirts. Only reason I can see for some of his passing.

Wright - the smallest man on the field but Currie's continued choice of player to punt the ball to. Never won one header.

Osadolor - stood out on the wing waiting for the pass that never came, not that he looked bothered.

Goodwillie - left to his own devices to bring down the ball from 10 feet in the air, control it, find no other supporting player within 30 yards and then somehow make a chance.

Currie - tied to a wire along the goal line. Good forbid he ever finds out he can step forward when the opposing team are preparing to shoot.

Chapman - no substitutions until 4-1 down. He must have been happy with the performance up to then.

Come on give it till Xmas

4 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

Don't worry lads, Chapman didn't win any of his first 7 games at Annan but then turned out to be a great manager for us. There's time yet.

Your point? You had him for four years and are still in league two.

Excellent display by the Blue Toon today. The jury is still out as far as McLean is concerned but full credit to him for that wonder strike from all of 25+ yards!

His goal was almost upstaged by the brawl (handbags) on the touchline between the 2 goalkeeping coaches! Amazed that the Clyde number 6 did not join them in the stand. How can a sliding tackle (his boot caught the Peterhead player on the chest) made on a player AFTER the ball is already out of play, not be deemed anything other than a red card is beyond me?

1 hour ago, Dunderheid said:

Excellent display by the Blue Toon today. The jury is still out as far as McLean is concerned but full credit to him for that wonder strike from all of 25+ yards!

His goal was almost upstaged by the brawl (handbags) on the touchline between the 2 goalkeeping coaches! Amazed that the Clyde number 6 did not join them in the stand. How can a sliding tackle (his boot caught the Peterhead player on the chest) made on a player AFTER the ball is already out of play, not be deemed anything other than a red card is beyond me?

To be fair, Nicol got there as fast as he could.

Listening to the manager's thoughts, he seems to be saying that it's nothing to do with him.
The manager takes the blame for defeats but the players get the credit for winning. He then goes onto blaming fans for being nasty.
Amazingly, he then says that he takes responsibility.

It certainly didn't sound like it.

He also says that he doesn't tell the players to play the long ball ????

Chapman slevers the biggest load of pish and thinks he is clever, he isnt .Everyone else is to blame.
Some of the absolute shite he came away with after the games on Annan tv were comedy genius.
The fact that Annan never punted him was staggering .
He is useless .

Absolutly agree, for a Manager to say that he does not tell the players to play the ball long, when it is patently obvious that this is the game plan and has been from day one! From keeper through to back 4 and so called midfield the ball is launched.

To isolate what is by miles the best forward any team has had in this division is baffling beyond belief let alone hammer a ball 25 feet in the air towards him.

His comment about the "nasty" fans again beyond belief and personally I am offended. On the back of another home defeat and a performance we all witnessed being as poor as anything we have seen by any previous Managers. At least Barry seemed to care, didn't know how to change a game but he did care, this clown it would seem not and its not his fault anyway apparently!

Is it any wonder we have as he describes nasty fans, you tell me any other team who has witnessed as much shite as we have for the last 10 years or so, is it any wonder people feel the way we do? Imo those players and the management team are getting off lightly. The supporters have supported the team to the hilt when it is deserved during this time but there is only so much anyone can take and what do we get in return year after year , utter dross, with no one with a clue how to change anything. 

Getting rid of Chapman right now would be a start.

21 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Is it any wonder we have as he describes nasty fans, you tell me any other team who has witnessed as much shite as we have for the last 10 years or so, is it any wonder people feel the way we do? Imo those players and the management team are getting off lightly. The supporters have supported the team to the hilt when it is deserved during this time but there is only so much anyone can take and what do we get in return year after year , utter dross, with no one with a clue how to change anything. 

Getting rid of Chapman right now would be a start.

BRILLIANT POST. Met the great manager once and that was enough. This guy takes coaching

courses for the S.F.A. and put guys through their badges. I will leave you to draw your own

conclusions about that. Sums up Scottish football.

On 21/10/2017 at 18:27, Pride Of The Clyde said:

What is Currie thinking about, everytime he had the ball in his hands he would immediately punt the ball up the park to someone who was outnumbered 3 to 1, wtf ? Did we once score a goal like that this season making him think it was was a good idea to do this? After the 1st attempt the element of surprise had  gone and we surrendered posession back to Peterhead  everytime.

Maybe he is playing to the manager's instructions... no, sorry I am wrong about that,

Chapman has stated he does not tell his team to play the long ball game.  Exactly what

are your tactics, Jim? 

Peterhead didn't need to play well to beat us,  they just had to turn up but I look at that performance on Saturday and say to myself is that a team playing for the manager, giving 100% even if they have limited ability, I don't see it we aren't even doing the basics right. 

After listening to the interview Chapman sounds as deluded as Brown was, nasty fans yes too fucking right we've put up with alot of pish for the last 10 years, the football is awful to watch, players aren't playing for the jersey all I want is a team that gives everything, shows some fight. We showed it at Stirling we are capable  

That was absolutely torture, even at my age or just pick someone out the crowd who cares would be more effective than Cuddihy, Ramsay, Osadolor, McNiff et al............. they look as though they cant be arsed and lacking in any smidgen of tactical awareness and/or peripheral vision, and for not having anybody within 20 yards of Goodwillie is just plain criminal. As was touched on if we lose him in January without exploiting the fact he is our only quality outlet then we are definitely up shit creek

The glass was always half full as a Clyde supporter for over 5 decades however If we carry on like this with no heart, endeavour, awareness then we will be lucky to anywhere out of the relegation dog-fight and losing more fans into the bargain........... and who can blame them............... ffs give us something to stay loyal and proud of our beloved club 

Playing Goodwillie up front with no support, at home or otherwise is indeed criminal. Even recognising that our midfield is non- existent; Chapman is further hindering any chance we would have of causing teams problems  by doing this.

Goodwillie normally creates chances on his own, just imagine if he had some help! Moreover  we know the team is poor and we WILL loose goals it is mind boggling that the only chance we have of even getting a draw is to play to the only strength we have. It might even take some pressure off our awful defence it the opposition actually had to do some defending other than having to clear headers as the ball is continuously launched towards the Hairy Arsed centre half that every other side in this league has (Except us of course!)  

Therefore, giving him someone to at least distract the other defenders (as that is all Smart or Gormley will do to be honest) and play the ball into, if not his feet, as that would require a modicum of ability,  but at least into a channel.  That would perhaps lead to some kind of end product and would seem to be idea for Chapman to attempt to try to instigate. Unfortunately, it seems that he is even more inept than I first thought.        

If he stays and continues in the present mind set, let alone current squad ( and there is no chance to change it now) we will go down absolutely no doubt.

We are worse than last season...Fact!

Archived