Clyde v Peterhead.

That was awful, not much in the first half and a draw was probably a fair result at that time.

Second half we made it far too easy for them. Peterhead weren't even that good but still scored four. The 3rd was a cracker but the other 3 goals came from poor defending.

Same problems since the start of the season can't defend, no midfield and resort to long punts up the field.

I can't see Chapman turning this around.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Clyde must've been terrible if McLean got a goal emoji3.png great result for us just hope we can start doing it at home.

The big guy did well for you today, was a nuisance, caused our defence all sorts of problems, admittedly, not many players don't right enough and scored a peach.

What, how are we going to win that game. Penalty or not?  We have got one tactic, kick the ball as high and as far up the park as we cam and hope for the best absolutely no plan and no intention of playing any football.  As per the defending is awful, Chapman hasn't got a clue and the sooner he fcuks off the better afaic. 

Exactly the same tactics Chapman had at Annan.
Thanks for talking him off our hands.

Agree with you on his tactical approach Marco44 but the players are the same squad that, by and large did well when at Annan. Could it be that the Annan board gave Chapman better support or was the expectations not as high in the Deep South which eased the pressure on the players. Either way it is a mystery to the Annan fans as those whom I spoke to at the start of the season expected Clyde to do well.
There is still time .

What is Currie thinking about, everytime he had the ball in his hands he would immediately punt the ball up the park to someone who was outnumbered 3 to 1, wtf ? Did we once score a goal like that this season making him think it was was a good idea to do this? After the 1st attempt the element of surprise had  gone and we surrendered posession back to Peterhead  everytime.

Why is it that EVERY team, and I do mean EVERY team, that comes to Broadwood are fitter, faster and more skilful than our lot? They, as a team, pass the ball better than we do.

Why is it that EVERY defensive header, pass or hoof goes straight to the opposition?

Why have we not figured that opponents have figured out that putting three defenders on DGW is as safe as houses because there is no other threat ? DGW can't do everything.

Why are we playing the same system as BF used to nearly take us to the play-offs at the wrong end of the table?

Why am I becoming convinced that this is worse than last season?

16 minutes ago, chas said:

Why is it that EVERY team, and I do mean EVERY team, that comes to Broadwood are fitter, faster and more skilful than our lot? They, as a team, pass the ball better than we do.

Why is it that EVERY defensive header, pass or hoof goes straight to the opposition?

Why have we not figured that opponents have figured out that putting three defenders on DGW is as safe as houses because there is no other threat ? DGW can't do everything.

Why are we playing the same system as BF used to nearly take us to the play-offs at the wrong end of the table?

Why am I becoming convinced that this is worse than last season?

This is worse than last season. It will get much worse when DGW finally has had enough and moves on in January.  If The board don't get rid of Chapman now after a quarter of the season then it will be a relegation play off at the end of May.  It's embarrassing now.

Agree with you on his tactical approach Marco44 but the players are the same squad that, by and large did well when at Annan. Could it be that the Annan board gave Chapman better support or was the expectations not as high in the Deep South which eased the pressure on the players. Either way it is a mystery to the Annan fans as those whom I spoke to at the start of the season expected Clyde to do well.
There is still time .

That group of players didn't do too well last season until Skelton and Weatherson were added to the Annan squad. That was the difference. Although you would think Goodwillie should be able to replace Weatherson.

1 hour ago, athletic 1 said:

Don't worry lads, Chapman didn't win any of his first 7 games at Annan but then turned out to be a great manager for us.

And yet here you are still in the bottom League.

Really great indeed.

BF left last season when we had no chance of getting to the promotion play-offs. Think that ship has sailed for this season...

I'm not one to call for people to lose their jobs but I can't offer one reasonable argument that Chapman should be allowed to continue. We're more than a win behind an abysmal Berwick team. We're only one win ahead of a Cowdenbeath team that have scored 1 penalty in 8 matches. He keeps picking Nicoll despite the fact he's patently out of his depth. He didn't take off Osolador today when he was putting in a performance that had less effort than Sean Higgins at his lazy worst. Like I said earlier, the scary thing is that there was no shortage of effort from the other ten and they still looked miles of the pace.

First half today was okay. We started well, pressed high up the pitch and carried a threat through Osolador and Ramsay getting near Goodwillie. Thought we got a break at the goal as Osolador looked to commit a foul in the build-up but we probably deserved to be ahead. Equaliser didn't come after any real pressure; lucky break of the ball for the Peterhead striker. They finished the half stronger.

Second half we started fine and had a good shout for a penalty turned down but then Nicoll disappeared from the game (guys running past him left and right) and neither Cuddihy or Ramsay did much of a job covering for him. Wright and Osolador completely anonymous, offering nothing. In fact, I can't think of a single thing that Wright did today apart from being subbed. Defence stood up well to what was a ton of pressure and Currie made a couple of decent saves before Home was beaten out wide by McAllister and his cutback was tapped in. Looked to me like Duffie could have  stopped the cross.

Third goal came almost immediately. Stunning finish from a player lucky to still be on the park after a couple of deliberate handballs, but it came from the fact Home had to make what was a difficult defensive header when under pressure from an offside McAllister. I think it was fair enough to have a moan about him interfering with play, even if I can understand why it wasn't given. Game was done then, fourth goal was a mistake by Currie after more rotten pressing in midfield.

Fair enough, Peterhead are a much better team than we are. They've probably spent two or three times as much money to cover up the fact their manager is a dud and they've turned a few teams over this season. Today's performance and result on its own isn't troubling; the fact it's just a continuation of what has gone before, is.

Two centre halves played well today against a well known and challenging opponent. We'd have a few more points if he'd put Home at centre half rather than persisting with Nicoll/Breslin there time and time again. Lamont showed a good level of endeavour when he came on. Not much else to talk up.

Finally, the refereeing (and I include the near-side linesman in that) was abysmal throughout. How on earth we got a throw-in for the incident where Nicoll completely cleared out one of the Peterhead players, sparking the rammy, I'll never know.

4 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Clyde must've been terrible if McLean got a goal emoji3.png great result for us just hope we can start doing it at home.

Must admit Russell McLeans goal today was a thing of beauty, he played well especially in the 2nd half. At times again today we made things harder for ourselves than need be but got the win we needed if we can keep doing that its the main thing but need to get the best out of the talent we have. Think both sets of supporters will be disappointed/dismayed with the officials but should not be surprized as the standard in general is poor.

Must admit Russell McLeans goal today was a thing of beauty, he played well especially in the 2nd half. At times again today we made things harder for ourselves than need be but got the win we needed if we can keep doing that its the main thing but need to get the best out of the talent we have. Think both sets of supporters will be disappointed/dismayed with the officials but should not be surprized as the standard in general is poor.

Glad to hear it. I actually thought he looked decent in pre season but seemed to struggle after that. Will be happy if he gets some confidence and improves.

Why and I here ?

And actually, get Chapman and the board to f**k, enough is enough after last season we needed a proper manager, put some money into the club but wit did we get ? cut backs shitty long ball Chapman and his merry Annan men who aren't good enough for the jersey.. board to f**k pls do the right thing 

Blair Currie, w**k 

Archived