Gala Fairydean Rovers / Netherdale blog

Rab B Nesbit

26 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Didn't have the greatest season with the Dean. Excellent for Selkirk, hopefully will rediscover his form, good player.

Agreed. He’s a very good player, hopefully stays injury free this season. 

Still surprised there is no announcement from the club about who’s left. Still a few boys without clubs (Ricky miller, Scott main, Ryan stevenson) 

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Any chance of you guys giving it a rest and letting the new management team get on with it, looks like the mob are getting a bit obsessive now.

Someone’s a bit defensive are they not? They’ve announced pre season friendlies and have been as great, as ever, with their other social media activity. A simple question on new signings being announced isn’t obsessive. Apologies for showing an interest in the club  

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Yourself and Mancs are either explayers or management or connected to ex players or management, its a bit pathetic really.

Not me. Simply an avid supporter of borders football, family originate from Galashiels so have always looked out for them and popped down to games when possible. Haven’t used a platform like this previous to the management being removed and felt this was the only (?!) place to get across the information I’ve been fed/my opinions on what’s going on. Not intended to offend anyone with my comments and don’t feel that any of it has been pathetic. It’s a club that’s close to my heart and the lack of communication regarding the first team squad is frustrating. 

for an opinions page it seems frowned upon to have one that isn't positive, pretty sure the management team will have moved on from it now so don't think the people who continue to post want to see anything other than the best for the club. Confident that if we were singing the praises there wouldn't be anyone picking up on it

Sake Gogsy. :lol:

No announcements yet on squad for next season, I'm expecting July (registration) though.

GFR have lost a lot of key players from last season i.e Darren Smith, Sandy Cunningham, Dale Baxter (from other clubs announcements)

Craig O'Reilly has left and I don't see the likes of Pat Scullion staying on. 

Gala fans have every right to feel worried. Had a small squad towards the end of last season and with the players going out, they will practically need a new team of boys coming in, in my estimation. 

50 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Sake Gogsy. :lol:

No announcements yet on squad for next season, I'm expecting July (registration) though.

GFR have lost a lot of key players from last season i.e Darren Smith, Sandy Cunningham, Dale Baxter (from other clubs announcements)

Craig O'Reilly has left and I don't see the likes of Pat Scullion staying on. 

Gala fans have every right to feel worried. Had a small squad towards the end of last season and with the players going out, they will practically need a new team of boys coming in, in my estimation. 

Big shock Craig o Reilly leaving, he usually sticks tough times out...

45 minutes ago, The Fonz said:
47 minutes ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:
Team missed him when he left. Dynamics changed, out ball to O’Reily was always good. 

O'Reilly, Paton, Patterson and Cunningham were a good combination.

Very good. If they had managed to stay fit/available would’ve been good. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Edinburghboy joins Feb 2018 doesn't post on anything until may19, mancs and archie both join same day, start posting about how previous management have been stitched up. :lol:

Aye, a year and a half ago. Didn’t say anything as I didn’t believe there was anything too concerning going on. 

14 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Didn't even post something along the lines of the team is doing well when they were competing well against the teams at or near the top of the league?

Yep, this thread has hardly been alight with gala fans and didn’t think there was many on here who watched Gala. Barely use this, but felt the info I had would be of interest to others.