Gala Fairydean Rovers / Netherdale blog

Rab B Nesbit

The Volunteer Hall was booked for the date they wanted and the Academy were unable to do it for other reasons. Plus, how much did he and his Coaches take in expenses BJ? (unfortunate initials BTW)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]didn’t even think of that when making account, no idea tbh but from what I was told a lot of money was spent, biggest budget ever for the club. Still don’t think he should have been sacked however

35 minutes ago, BorderJambo said:

Also spent far more than he was supposed to, hence the player of the year awards being held at the club as opposed to elsewhere (where it’s been every other season)

This is nonsense. On every level. If you knew the correct story about the budget you’d not be on here saying that. The fact a member of the board(of 6 years) walked away on the back of the sacking should maybe make you look closer to home in terms of the ‘budget’ problems. 

6 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

I’m sure any over spending was more than recouped by the cup and the mckirdy, surely if he’s overspending the club just say no instead of letting him carry on?

They also got to the third round of the Scottish cup and sold Josh Morris for a fee I believe. 

33 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The Volunteer Hall was booked for the date they wanted and the Academy were unable to do it for other reasons. Plus, how much did he and his Coaches take in expenses BJ? (unfortunate initials BTW)

Zero is your answer regarding how much the coaches took in expenses. 

Dress it up whatever way you want the new chairman used whatever he could to get rid of the management team.  3 Board members and key members walked out and rumours are the current number of players who have left off the back of the new chairman currently stand at 8 or 9! 

The way Gala have conducted themselves over the issue is nothing short of shambolic. The players, board members and coaching staff have all conducted themselves professionally maybe the club should look at doing the same. What makes it worse is supporters will find out via other team's social media platforms first before they do on Gala's that they have moved on.

26 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

Think it speaks volumes that this thread had about 8 comments before this all kicked off, now on 8 pages. Not that p&b is the oracle of information but it’s certainly a good indicator to the level of ridiculous this has reached 

But it's the same old, same old from the same old posters making it 8 pages long though :thumsup2

Like you say not everything Gala goes through pnb. I think soor plooms used to be the only Gala fan on here till all the disgruntled new posters came on  ? 

Not that I'm saying yous are all connected to the previous management of course :whistle

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

But it's the same old, same old from the same old posters making it 8 pages long though :thumsup2

Like you say not everything Gala goes through pnb. I think soor plooms used to be the only Gala fan on here till all the disgruntled new posters came on  ? 

Not that I'm saying yous are all connected to the previous management of course :whistle

Yas......name checked on PnB!!! 

People not allowed to voice their opinions? Not connected in the slightest but guys have reputations and when there are things which are just blatantly not correct we are allowed to comment surely? And correct me if I’m wrong but not sure anyone has claimed to be a gala fans

13 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

People not allowed to voice their opinions? Not connected in the slightest but guys have reputations and when there are things which are just blatantly not correct we are allowed to comment surely? And correct me if I’m wrong but not sure anyone has claimed to be a gala fans

Of course it's all aboot opinions otherwise would nae be a fitba forum.

The opinions have been spelt oot over and over again over the past 5 or 6 pages regarding the previous management though. I'm sure the lad wont be out the game for long that's for sure.

Its a league getting tougher by the season (I can vouch for that :thumsup2)but as someone said only time will tell how they will fare this season though under the new regime. 

Any news on the covered seated enclosure which in effect the thread started aboot ? 

12 hours ago, BorderJambo said:

Also spent far more than he was supposed to, hence the player of the year awards being held at the club as opposed to elsewhere (where it’s been every other season)

11 hours ago, BorderJambo said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngdidn’t even think of that when making account, no idea tbh but from what I was told a lot of money was spent, biggest budget ever for the club. Still don’t think he should have been sacked however

Its one thing to discuss the rights and wrongs of a managerial sacking at a club, style of play, number of locals etc,  but when serious accusations of financial impropriety start to be made then its facts and not opinions that are important. 

The reason that the POTY awards were held in the clubrooms had absolutely nothing to do with spending of any budget first team or otherwise. 

The Fonz is correct when he says it was simply a consequence of one booking, (at Gala Academy) falling through for reasons outwith the club's control and then not being able to book another suitable venue (The Volunteer Hall) as a replacement before the Autumn. 

Rather than not have any event it was agreed to go ahead with the awards ceremony in the clubrooms and hold the bigger Hall of Fame style event later in the year.

That's the only reason. Simple. To suggest otherwise or that it is related to budget overspending is a disgraceful slander based on ugly rumours. 

In terms of a budget for season 2019/20 then it was/will be the largest in the club's short history because of the success in reaching R3 of the Scottish Cup, money brought in from transfer and loan deals along with the continued revenue streams from sponsorship, bar income, lottery sales etc

My understanding is that increased budget was agreed through the democratic structures of GFR. 

I also understand that there will be no significant reduction in the money being made available to the new manager. So the budget for next season remains the biggest in the club's history mainly thanks to the increased monies brought in by the football department last season. 

Whilst I cannot speak for the former manager or his staff then I do not believe he was ever formally challenged over any alleged overspends or financial mismanagement?

I do not know of any formal meetings the club held to discuss such a serious accusation?

Surely you would think if such serious allegations were to be levelled then there would be some kind of due process and the club's formal internal structures and elected officials would have been involved in discussing them?

If there were no formal process then I would suggest that anything subsequently raised regarding budgets deserves to be treated with the contempt it deserves and the manager and his backroom staff who never took a penny from the club deserve to move on with their reputations intact and with the best wishes of all those at Netherdale. 

1 hour ago, Soor Plooms said:

Its one thing to discuss the rights and wrongs of a managerial sacking at a club, style of play, number of locals etc,  but when serious accusations of financial impropriety start to be made then its facts and not opinions that are important. 

The reason that the POTY awards were held in the clubrooms had absolutely nothing to do with spending of any budget first team or otherwise. 

The Fonz is correct when he says it was simply a consequence of one booking, (at Gala Academy) falling through for reasons outwith the club's control and then not being able to book another suitable venue (The Volunteer Hall) as a replacement before the Autumn. 

Rather than not have any event it was agreed to go ahead with the awards ceremony in the clubrooms and hold the bigger Hall of Fame style event later in the year.

That's the only reason. Simple. To suggest otherwise or that it is related to budget overspending is a disgraceful slander based on ugly rumours. 

In terms of a budget for season 2019/20 then it was/will be the largest in the club's short history because of the success in reaching R3 of the Scottish Cup, money brought in from transfer and loan deals along with the continued revenue streams from sponsorship, bar income, lottery sales etc

My understanding is that increased budget was agreed through the democratic structures of GFR. 

I also understand that there will be no significant reduction in the money being made available to the new manager. So the budget for next season remains the biggest in the club's history mainly thanks to the increased monies brought in by the football department last season. 

Whilst I cannot speak for the former manager or his staff then I do not believe he was ever formally challenged over any alleged overspends or financial mismanagement?

I do not know of any formal meetings the club held to discuss such a serious accusation?

Surely you would think if such serious allegations were to be levelled then there would be some kind of due process and the club's formal internal structures and elected officials would have been involved in discussing them?

If there were no formal process then I would suggest that anything subsequently raised regarding budgets deserves to be treated with the contempt it deserves and the manager and his backroom staff who never took a penny from the club deserve to move on with their reputations intact and with the best wishes of all those at Netherdale. 

correct, like anything surely there would have been ongoing discussions, it's not like a professional club where extra funds can be made available, clubs at this level surely have strict budgets and the ability to go over them significantly would be virtually impossible, and as i am guessing the manager would have to have it approved from the board then if this was the case they would be more to blame than the manager

Looks like Gala are installing the 100 seater stand from Selkirk opposite the main stand.

I'd wondered if the old stand being out of action would have affected their licence as they currently have no available cover. Maybe this buys them some time to get the old one fixed