Gala Fairydean Rovers / Netherdale blog

Rab B Nesbit

11 minutes ago, BorderJambo said:

Different to Selkirk situation in that the club doesn’t have large debts, so doubt that kind of thing however the team that is assembled will almost certainly struggle in the league

yeah it has been well run up to now so not surprised, hope the loss of committee members doesn't hinder this

3 hours ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

All of the above are who I have heard are away as well. Pat Scullion as well, who finished the season with the club. So that’s 5 defenders and a goalkeeper all away. Plus the two wide players. From what finished the season I’m not sure if that leaves many more than 5/6 players. 

That’s what I have been led to believe as well. The chairman seems happy to let them all go. 

Exactly if am a player now am not wanting to sign for Gala they’ll find it very hard to attract players now due to all those good players leaving and word gets around quick in the football players talk. 

16 minutes ago, Mancs said:

Exactly if am a player now am not wanting to sign for Gala they’ll find it very hard to attract players now due to all those good players leaving and word gets around quick in the football players talk. 

They’ll have to fork out for players Outwith the borders now I’d imagine. 

Patiently  waiting for an announcement from the club... could be Christmas before that happens mind you  

9 hours ago, Archie97863 said:

worrying times being a Gala supporter, the image of a well run club with morals and loyalty is rapidly dwindling, and as someone has previously stated, their excellent flow of communication on social media has disappeared overnight 

The only reason I see it as being that way is the chairman is waiting to issue a statement, Debi is usually fantastic with keeping everyone up to date. It's got to be coming from higher ups to keep quiet just now.

I really like GFR as a club but sacking Dean and management team after another fantastic season under difficult circumstances, especially with injuries. was a shocker.

I wish the new management team well when they come in but I've lost a bit of respect for the higher ups at Gala. The decent thing to do would at least thank Dean and the boys for all their hard work, Whether the decision was right or wrong, time will tell. 

11 hours ago, RampantFM said:

The only reason I see it as being that way is the chairman is waiting to issue a statement, Debi is usually fantastic with keeping everyone up to date. It's got to be coming from higher ups to keep quiet just now.

I really like GFR as a club but sacking Dean and management team after another fantastic season under difficult circumstances, especially with injuries. was a shocker.

I wish the new management team well when they come in but I've lost a bit of respect for the higher ups at Gala. The decent thing to do would at least thank Dean and the boys for all their hard work, Whether the decision was right or wrong, time will tell. 

He’s nailed it here, not sure the chairman thought about the clubs excellent reputation before making his decision

15 hours ago, RampantFM said:

Brilliant post. 

5 minutes ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

Wonder if the official announcement will include a list of players that have moved on?? 

Correct the whole situation is a shambles the way they’ve handled this matter players are beta away from the club tbh writing is on the wall. Chairman listened to John Collins perhaps shambolic they will suffer bigtime. 

1 hour ago, Mancs said:

Style of play seems to be very important. JC looking forward to watching the team next season?? When they lose their first 6/7 games he’ll be nowhere near Netherdale. 

Edited by edinburghbhoy123

What a piece of nonsense, a man who’s played at the top level for teams who have the pick of who they want and are full time determining how a side in the 5th tier of Scottish football plays! With the money now in the league and players coming in its time to play smart, can’t wait to see them try and pass round East Kilbride and Kelty 

10 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

What a piece of nonsense, a man who’s played at the top level for teams who have the pick of who they want and are full time determining how a side in the 5th tier of Scottish football plays! With the money now in the league and players coming in its time to play smart, can’t wait to see them try and pass round East Kilbride and Kelty 

Attractive football is all well and good until You realise the players you have can’t achieve that against 95% of the league. 

16 minutes ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

Attractive football is all well and good until You realise the players you have can’t achieve that against 95% of the league. 

Aye, doesn’t take a genius to figure out that means a severe drop down the table