Gala Fairydean Rovers / Netherdale blog

Rab B Nesbit

1 hour ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

I believe that’s the case. Also been told the players have had no trouble whatsoever leaving with the chairman happily accepting requests to leave and to tear up any contracts for next season .

As for the ‘style of football’ I’m sure majority of people on here would agree that as a fan finishing higher in the league and winning games is more important. Gala have always been a bottom 5/6 club and never got to the third round of the Scottish cup. This season they’ve finished 8th, after losing their first 5 games, and got to the third round of the Scottish cup. Say what you want about the football but that’s got to be classed as a successful season and with the current squad that finished the season along with a few additions they’d have been a decent outfit next season. 

No idea who the two boys that are going to Whitehill are? I think the rest of them will find other clubs quite easily. 

No idea who the two are, this was shared by the club couple of weeks ago, says it all, sounds like the new chairman couldn’t run a race never mind a football club

95F18AE1-5821-43C3-9C6C-B3CBDA7EFE11.png

Still not an announcement about a new manager but I know for a fact that they are actively trying to sign players. It all smells a bit fishy to me. The new man in charge,  Neil Hastings, has obviously been lined up and been given the job before Dean Shanks has been removed from his position. The news that a board/committee member relinquishing himself of his duties due to the news sums it up for me. Embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, BorderJambo said:

Tbh the new chairman has been moaning about ‘the style of play’ for a long while even before he took charge and it seems like he’s been planning this.

Out of order, he should be ashamed. I’ve said it already but he could be remembered as the chairman who brought it all crashing down 

7 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

Out of order, he should be ashamed. I’ve said it already but he could be remembered as the chairman who brought it all crashing down 

Agreed. 

On a brighter note, wonder if the ex management team will end up anywhere for the new season. They were doing a great job at Gala so I hope they don’t let this stop them from coaching/progressing 

21 hours ago, BorderJambo said:

Think the decision itself and the fallout as a result of it will be looked back on at the end of season as a huge huge mistake by all at the club.

Without a doubt the club will be on a downward spiral now. Good football people and people that have a good knowledge of the game are in huge shock with it crazy decision so out of character.Can’t wait to see the new style of football the Gala way!!

I've got not agenda, I would have loved Dean and his Staff to have been here for at least another Season, but as a Club the Dean have to now move on. Ryan, Debi and the rest of the Committee are good people who are taking a gamble, which I for one hope pays off. As for Dean his stock is high and hopefully he gets a good move in the near future. C'mon the Dean!

15 hours ago, gogsy said:

Its amazing how many new posters have appeared on this thread over the last week or so, its almost as if might have an agenda, maybe say someone connected to the old management team.

I'm not saying they are wrong though, just looks a bit like that.

Absolutely agree Gogsy. The club have came through a lot more than what they encountering just now. The club will remain and be a competitive club in the league for which I have no doubt. Seems highly likely some of the comments are as you suggested. Rightly or wrongly the decision was made however that is football and much bigger teams have relieved managers of their duties and gone on to better things. Only really a couple of keyboard warriors attempting to discredit the club and the committee which is a shame as it is clear the committee do a lot for the town as a community hub.

Move on....

13 minutes ago, Brawlads said:

Absolutely agree Gogsy. The club have came through a lot more than what they encountering just now. The club will remain and be a competitive club in the league for which I have no doubt. Seems highly likely some of the comments are as you suggested. Rightly or wrongly the decision was made however that is football and much bigger teams have relieved managers of their duties and gone on to better things. Only really a couple of keyboard warriors attempting to discredit the club and the committee which is a shame as it is clear the committee do a lot for the town as a community hub.

Move on....

So do you agree with the decision to relieve the management team of their duties? As I have said before there are/where good people involved at Gala who undoubtedly do a lot for the community but this decision is laughable. I think it speaks volumes that local people like myself, and I can only speak for myself, who have joined P&B to voice their concerns only emphasises the nature of the decision

23 minutes ago, Brawlads said:

Move on....

As you say it's football and it happens.

However, what was being discussed at the weekend was at this level the sacrifices made by all are huge and for individuals/ players to be treated the way they have is what is baffling.

You speak about  the great work that Gala do in the community which I have no doubt about. But for 3 key members of your board to resign who have been there for years says the new chairman is having huge disregard for the clubs process and procedures.

The decision is made and you guys have to move on but the utter nonsense that was being talked about and how the chairman has been meeting players for the upcoming season, made the decision weeks ago without any board members knowing, disputing potential new signings due to them having disagreements with the new Chairman and letting good footballers leave the club due to where they are situated.

A club like Gala Fairydean Rovers has never acted like this in all the time I've known whether that be EOSL or the Lowland.

Folk can voice their opinions but from what everyone who was or is involved is saying on both side of the fence. Is a Chairman who didn't want the job is now signing players, and being a puppet for those above.

Yes of course it's never nice for someone to lose their jobs but I can't help that the young lad Hastings who is a good coach is being setup to be a mighty scapecoat if this backfires.

9 minutes ago, Ton Up said:

As you say it's football and it happens.

However, what was being discussed at the weekend was at this level the sacrifices made by all are huge and for individuals/ players to be treated the way they have is what is baffling.

You speak about  the great work that Gala do in the community which I have no doubt about. But for 3 key members of your board to resign who have been there for years says the new chairman is having huge disregard for the clubs process and procedures.

The decision is made and you guys have to move on but the utter nonsense that was being talked about and how the chairman has been meeting players for the upcoming season, made the decision weeks ago without any board members knowing, disputing potential new signings due to them having disagreements with the new Chairman and letting good footballers leave the club due to where they are situated.

A club like Gala Fairydean Rovers has never acted like this in all the time I've known whether that be EOSL or the Lowland.

Folk can voice their opinions but from what everyone who was or is involved is saying on both side of the fence. Is a Chairman who didn't want the job is now signing players, and being a puppet for those above.

Yes of course it's never nice for someone to lose their jobs but I can't help that the young lad Hastings who is a good coach is being setup to be a mighty scapecoat if this backfires.

100% the league is so competitive now that the vision of local lads playing and playing football "the right way" is now a luxury, in order to maintain league status you need to be pragmatic. It seems like the chairman has pandered to the purists at the detriment to success

Move on....

That’s class from a poster who also joined at the weekend [emoji23]

100% the league is so competitive now that the vision of local lads playing and playing football "the right way" is now a luxury, in order to maintain league status you need to be pragmatic. It seems like the chairman has pandered to the purists at the detriment to success

And by ‘purists’ you mean JC?

Local players playing for the club is definitely a good idea but in practice I’m not sure that the best local players are good enough to survive in the LL. We signed two of the better local based boys in Phil Addison and Tommy Paterson but beyond that I’m not sure what there really is. Previous posters have hit the nail on the head with regards to the local amateur leagues, with most of the better players there probably not wanting to step up to LL