Gala Fairydean Rovers / Netherdale blog

Rab B Nesbit

12 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Can see where guys are coming from, BUT, it’s the fifth tier of Scottish fitba and if they’ve signed a contract it’s no that simple

I’d make it 9 players with the two hibs lads who made a huge impact. Also any player that has a contract at Gala now would wanna rip it up.

Edited by Mancs

Seems to be a lot of opinion against the decision which is a surprise to everyone and one that doesn’t bode well with some. 

I think under the management of 18/19 we saw great strides in some areas but to what cost. The cost of watching attractive football certainly was a huge point and one that stopped me and many others from coming down. Long ball isn’t good to watch and wondered why any player would want to play that style of football. 

Local players were always out of favour and replaced by City players who where not any better but would cost the club more for expenses etc - that I am certain of. 

Gala has been good in the past for having a great mix of local and Edinburgh and this evidently was thrown out by the now previous footballing regimes. 

As for social media we all have seen the local press and their website to gain the news - not sure why that point was so important other than to let the haters sabotage the post with bile. 

Biggest issue Gala have is that the best local players would rather play amateurs, while the local boys who do decide to play for Fairydean maybe struggle with pressure of all their (amateur playing) mates on the touchline giving it billy bigbaws???

Or maybe it’s that you have Vale of Leithen, Peebles, Hawick and a really well-run amateur league all around you? Kelso struggled for the same reasons

For 8 players to walk, 2 of which looking like they'll be joining my club speaks volumes.

Also rumours up here are key board members have resigned shows this is not right. Dress it up whatever way you want but it's painted a great wee club in a shocking light.

For a club like Gala to conduct themselves the way they have is a surprise to many. 3 weeks ago the club announced it was their best season they've had in the lowland league.

Hope this new Gala philosophy that was being talked about at Bonnyrigg yesterday is a blueprint for us all. Also, a Gala player said this was setup weeks ago supposedly  and nobody new a thing about it except the new Chairman.

Interesting  times but at least it's not my club that is the laughing stock atm.

1 hour ago, Brawlads said:

Seems to be a lot of opinion against the decision which is a surprise to everyone and one that doesn’t bode well with some. 

I think under the management of 18/19 we saw great strides in some areas but to what cost. The cost of watching attractive football certainly was a huge point and one that stopped me and many others from coming down. Long ball isn’t good to watch and wondered why any player would want to play that style of football. 

Local players were always out of favour and replaced by City players who where not any better but would cost the club more for expenses etc - that I am certain of. 

Gala has been good in the past for having a great mix of local and Edinburgh and this evidently was thrown out by the now previous footballing regimes. 

As for social media we all have seen the local press and their website to gain the news - not sure why that point was so important other than to let the haters sabotage the post with bile. 

If the clubs goes with a romanticised view of football playing the “perfect game” and want the local lads playing that’s fine but be prepared to be playing east of Scotland football, fans want to see their team win, end of. And to say it was long ball is utter nonsense, beat the big teams with a full squad and played good football. 

1 hour ago, Brawlads said:

The only bile here is you talking nonsense and proves your clueless and you’ve not made 1 valid point. Lost some cracking players for nothing that’s gonna hurt replacing them with local lads (haha).

16 minutes ago, Mancs said:

The only bile here is you talking nonsense and proves your clueless and you’ve not made 1 valid point. Lost some cracking players for nothing that’s gonna hurt replacing them with local lads (haha).

And there starts the bile..... thanks for confirming my point so eloquently. 

There is nothing funny about this and it is a serious and not laughable situation despite your clear joy in final words. As I said the haters will hate and clearly you form as part of this as another keyboard warrior.  

I do worry about what’s happening but forever hopeful as this club seems fairly resilient and I look forward to watching them again. 

Edited by Brawlads

10 minutes ago, Brawlads said:

And there starts the bile..... thanks for confirming my point so eloquently. 

There is nothing funny about this and it is a serious and not laughable situation despite your clear joy in final words. As I said the haters will hate and clearly you form as part of this as another keyboard warrior.  

I do worry about what’s happening but forever hopeful as this club seems fairly resilient and I look forward to watching them again. 

Teapot

21 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

Teapot

More a coffee man but once again Archie keep fishing away and let’s see and wish the best for Gala Fairydean Rovers. The club will be their for many more successful years with or without you support.  

3 minutes ago, Brawlads said:

More a coffee man but once again Archie keep fishing away and let’s see and wish the best for Gala Fairydean Rovers. The club will be their for many more successful years with or without you support.  

It’s got potential to be a great club and there are/where some great people involved but the new chairman seems to be treating it like a game of monopoly instead of a football club

Edited by Archie97863

6 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

It’s got potential to be a great club and there are/where some great people involved but the new chairman seems to be treating it like a game of monopoly instead of a football club

That Archie I agree with and it is definitely worrying and hope it works out if all the rumours are correct   I don’t agree with what has happened and did think the football would have improved next season under Dean and co now that they have a year and a settled team under their belt. 

Worrying times and sad to see the report of players and committee leave. Their are some great people down at that club without a doubt. 

Edited by Brawlads

2 minutes ago, Brawlads said:

Very constructive again from the keyboard warrior. 

Not at all brawlads just stating facts hope am proved wrong tho. Hear the chairman is also making signings aswell now don’t see many managers putting up with that tbh.

2 minutes ago, Mancs said:

Not at all brawlads just stating facts hope am proved wrong tho. Hear the chairman is also making signings aswell now don’t see many managers putting up with that tbh.

That should never happen. Can the club not oust the new chairperson ? When did old one resign ? 

5 minutes ago, Archie97863 said:

On top of the 8 players, rumour from down here in the borders  that the players are only on amateur forms so can up and leave whenever they want ... will they even have a team?

I believe that’s the case. Also been told the players have had no trouble whatsoever leaving with the chairman happily accepting requests to leave and to tear up any contracts for next season .

As for the ‘style of football’ I’m sure majority of people on here would agree that as a fan finishing higher in the league and winning games is more important. Gala have always been a bottom 5/6 club and never got to the third round of the Scottish cup. This season they’ve finished 8th, after losing their first 5 games, and got to the third round of the Scottish cup. Say what you want about the football but that’s got to be classed as a successful season and with the current squad that finished the season along with a few additions they’d have been a decent outfit next season. 

No idea who the two boys that are going to Whitehill are? I think the rest of them will find other clubs quite easily. 

Watched Gala a few times last season and there were times they were excellent, times they were unlucky against the top sides and times they were very poor, but I don't think there were many times that the same team started week on week, sometimes it was poor discipline but mostly it was injuries to key players at important times. Personally I would have let Dean have another season to try and change the style of play. However, we need to move on and get ready for next season in a very tough Lowland League. Fingers crossed.