Gala Fairydean Rovers / Netherdale blog

Rab B Nesbit

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

:blink:

Screenshot_20190517-123028_Chrome.jpg

Complete silence on all social media fronts from Gala after this news. Mad decision and I would full anticipate a lot of the current squad to move on.

A bit strange, for a club that are normally very good for their social media posts. This statement hasn't even been shared on either social media platform. It's like they are in hiding..

A crazy decision they had a great manager and we’re building a great squad.This will come back to bite Gala without question club that credits themselves with how well there run have handled this shambolic. Can’t see anything other than them fighting relegation next year tbh. If most of there players leave who they gonna replace them with players from the borders not for the lowland league am sorry. 

8 minutes ago, Mancs said:

A crazy decision they had a great manager and we’re building a great squad.This will come back to bite Gala without question club that credits themselves with how well there run have handled this shambolic. Can’t see anything other than them fighting relegation next year tbh. If most of there players leave who they gonna replace them with players from the borders not for the lowland league am sorry. 

Led to believe that Neil Hastings has already got the job as per Krul and the Gang's post. Could be wrong about the current players leaving but Dean Shanks seemed to bring majority of that squad in and majority were Edinburgh based. If it is predominately borders players playing with them next season it will be a long season for Gala.

2 minutes ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

Led to believe that Neil Hastings has already got the job as per Krul and the Gang's post. Could be wrong about the current players leaving but Dean Shanks seemed to bring majority of that squad in and majority were Edinburgh based. If it is predominately borders players playing with them next season it will be a long season for Gala.

Yeah believe so a guy that was assistant manager at Berwick Rangers last season and no lowland experience good luck to him tho. Just think the new chairman has came in and totally out his depth and clueless and it’s a real shame as was one of Gala’s most successful seasons in a very longtime. I believe a few have left already from Edinburgh more to follow.

9 minutes ago, Mancs said:

Yeah believe so a guy that was assistant manager at Berwick Rangers last season and no lowland experience good luck to him tho. Just think the new chairman has came in and totally out his depth and clueless and it’s a real shame as was one of Gala’s most successful seasons in a very longtime. I believe a few have left already from Edinburgh more to follow.

Yep, no experience in the league and the likelihood is he will struggle to get boys with experience in the league down to Gala. I am sure those who have watched Gala this season will be surprised at the news - they had a mad amount of injuries over the season and finished it with barely 11 fit players. Time will tell but it could prove to be a costly mistake for the new chairman

He was also assistant to Fox at cowden. Essentially been involved in the worst two L2 sides in recent memory.

10 minutes ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

Yep, no experience in the league and the likelihood is he will struggle to get boys with experience in the league down to Gala. I am sure those who have watched Gala this season will be surprised at the news - they had a mad amount of injuries over the season and finished it with barely 11 fit players. Time will tell but it could prove to be a costly mistake for the new chairman

Yeah your spot on and they where only gonna get stronger which you have to be which is gonna be a highly competitive league this year. I just think Gala are a sinking ship under the guidance of this clueless chairman could be between Gala and Vale of Liethen who finishes bottom.

23 minutes ago, Mancs said:

Yeah your spot on and they where only gonna get stronger which you have to be which is gonna be a highly competitive league this year. I just think Gala are a sinking ship under the guidance of this clueless chairman could be between Gala and Vale of Liethen who finishes bottom.

25 minutes ago, surely not! said:

He was also assistant to Fox at cowden. Essentially been involved in the worst two L2 sides in recent memory.

Doesn't bode well for Gala. Whitehill have strengthened, albeit still no better than a mid table team, but you're spot on, Gala and Vale will be battling out the bottom two places I'd imagine.  

28 minutes ago, edinburghbhoy123 said:

Doesn't bode well for Gala. Whitehill have strengthened, albeit still no better than a mid table team, but you're spot on, Gala and Vale will be battling out the bottom two places I'd imagine.  

Not at all the only direction there going  will be playing east of Scotland football in a years time basically a silly wee boy is the calling the shots at Gala real Shame!!

3 minutes ago, Mancs said:

Not at all the only direction there going  will be playing east of Scotland football in a years time basically a silly wee boy is the calling the shots at Gala real Shame!!

P.s John Collins puppet

Embarrassing, would like Ryan Cass to come out and properly explain his actions, unfathomable decision, stinks of someone who thinks it’s all about them, could have led gala to their most successful period but reality now is the complete opposite 

I've heard 7 boys have told the club they won't be back.

Its a shame as a lovely club and had the makings of a real good side. Gala have always been a well run club but this is just madness and so out of character.

After they've had a good season and looking to build why? To move on to a higher levels he statement said. This league is only getting harder and you need to earn every point. Surely the current side showed they could compete and now looks a total rebuild.

I think they need a reality check or this new chairman does. Could be a long hard season for them now.

I've heard 7 boys have told the club they won't be back.
Its a shame as a lovely club and had the makings of a real good side. Gala have always been a well run club but this is just madness and so out of character.
After they've had a good season and looking to build why? To move on to a higher levels he statement said. This league is only getting harder and you need to earn every point. Surely the current side showed they could compete and now looks a total rebuild.
I think they need a reality check or this new chairman does. Could be a long hard season for them now.

Can see where guys are coming from, BUT, it’s the fifth tier of Scottish fitba and if they’ve signed a contract it’s no that simple