Arbroath vs Airdrieonians

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to go over what I have already done on The Stomp but Butter fingers played a major part in Arbroath getting the equaliser and although we had some good attacks the defending was shocking which let Arbroath boss the game from the 2-1 point on. Only our No 7 Stewart deserves any wage this week if that is what our full timers produce on the park.  Credit to Arbroath for upping their game from 1-1 onwards and had I not had other passengers who like to get full value for our entrance fee I would have gone at 6-1 so it was ironic that I saw McCords clever control/skill for No 7.  I did think we might get a draw at this venue but it only comes through resolute defending and with a goalie like ours guaranteed to throw away one goal every two games , I fear the worst now!

Keeper for first one palmed it right to Swankie.

Your left back for the second one, swankie with back to goal ball in air going nowhere and he just went right through him, it was funny as f**k that one.

The 3rd was just an unreal finish, flick on from a cross, keeper maybe a bit suspect.

4th your right back with his horrendous back pass left keeper stranded. Linn rounded him and put it in.

5th was another good goal from ourselves great through ball and good finish from Denholm.

6th terrible header from your Number 5 put our striker in keeper came rushing way off his line and got lobbed, great finish.

7th, just sublime from McCord. Chip from a ridiculous angle.

Without a doubt that was the worst performance I can remember.

Take nothing away from Arbroath who, if I'm honest, didn't have to get out of first gear. I'd only give Scott Stewart any pass marks but even then I thought his final ball was poor.

All the goals were bordering on the ridiculous from an Airdrie point of view. I can accept great play or a great pass but from the goalie spilling a simple catch, defender making a stupid challenge and the centre half laying it on a plate just beggars belief.

Why Watt was hooked at half time is a strange one. He was playing out of position and Conroy, who I think is a good player, looked lost today. Would it not have been better to put Watt back in the middle instead of Conroy ?

I feel this result could be the last straw for some (more) folk. To be honest after that display, I wouldn't blame them.

Without a doubt that was the worst performance I can remember.

Take nothing away from Arbroath who, if I'm honest, didn't have to get out of first gear. I'd only give Scott Stewart any pass marks but even then I thought his final ball was poor.

All the goals were bordering on the ridiculous from an Airdrie point of view. I can accept great play or a great pass but from the goalie spilling a simple catch, defender making a stupid challenge and the centre half laying it on a plate just beggars belief.

Why Watt was hooked at half time is a strange one. He was playing out of position and Conroy, who I think is a good player, looked lost today. Would it not have been better to put Watt back in the middle instead of Conroy ?

I feel this result could be the last straw for some (more) folk. To be honest after that display, I wouldn't blame them.

Luke Watt is actually a right back. Just that airdrie have been playing him in midfield

Archived