Forfar vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd agree with that, promotion is not looking pretty likely to me so far.

Don't agree. There's nothing at all suggesting to me that we won't go up this season. Not convinced that we will win the league although a lot depends on Raith holding on to Vaughan in January, but I would put any amount of money at all on us finishing in the top 4, and don't see anything from the other sides in this league or probably Dumbarton from the league above that we shouldn't be confident about beating in 2 legged playoffs

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Feel so sorry on Marc McCallum probably one of the best goalkeepers about in the lower league and he’s got absolutely no help by the back four, if it wasn’t for him that score could have been 8 or 9!

Kept most scores respectable this season!

Just my take - Defending starts with the midfield, and they've been sadly lacking, losing the ball all too easily or not getting a foot in. Cregg & McBride the main culprits. The back 4 have hardly had a chance to breath in most of the games so far, the ball just keeps coming back at them. Agree that Marc McCallum has saved us from even worse humpings with some great saves.

16 hours ago, Hursty said:

That 3rd goal is lovely. Punt up the park from the keeper, but then Shankland-Moffatt-Shankland-Moffatt-GOAL.

Who was it that slagged the signing of Shankland as a 'typical McCall panic signing' or something by the way? Would be intrigued as to your opinion now..

It was a typical McCall panic signing.  It just so happens it has worked out well.  Law of averages I guess.

Just now, yorkshirepud said:

Thought we tried to get him last year? Hardly makes it a panic signing if we finally got the guy this year.

In my defence,  I don't think I used the word panic at the time.  My point then was that we apparently only had budget for one more player.  Given the glaring inadequacies of our defence, I felt, and still feel that's where the money should have gone.  Fair play to Shankland, he has been excellent since joining.  Maybe he realises this is his last chance at full time football and has engaged in some serious digit extraction.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Don't agree. There's nothing at all suggesting to me that we won't go up this season. Not convinced that we will win the league although a lot depends on Raith holding on to Vaughan in January, but I would put any amount of money at all on us finishing in the top 4, and don't see anything from the other sides in this league or probably Dumbarton from the league above that we shouldn't be confident about beating in 2 legged playoffs

50/50 to go up isn't pretty likely in my book.

In my defence,  I don't think I used the word panic at the time.  My point then was that we apparently only had budget for one more player.  Given the glaring inadequacies of our defence, I felt, and still feel that's where the money should have gone.  Fair play to Shankland, he has been excellent since joining.  Maybe he realises this is his last chance at full time football and has engaged in some serious digit extraction.

Fair enough - to me at the time it seemed to be a good signing and happily been proved right (so far). Interesting that we haven't tied him down beyond January yet though - I'm sure I heard McCall say he wanted to keep him so wonder if the player himself is holding off to maybe get a move back up to the Championship. He's had a bad season last year clearly but looks a right good player to me.

Fair enough - to me at the time it seemed to be a good signing and happily been proved right (so far). Interesting that we haven't tied him down beyond January yet though - I'm sure I heard McCall say he wanted to keep him so wonder if the player himself is holding off to maybe get a move back up to the Championship. He's had a bad season last year clearly but looks a right good player to me.

He’ll be holding on until the last second before he signs a new deal.

Good to see the Dunfermline Athletic seaside retirement home juggernaut keeping up the pressure on the wee team from Kirkcaldy. We're almost safe from relegation already and it would be good to have another classy black and white team back in the league to compensate for the horrific amber, tangerine monstrosities. 

Just watched the highlights and i would say Geggan was lucky to stay on the pitch.

After speaking to an ex-ref, it turns out a change in the rules this season states that the head forward motion is just a yellow now, providing it wasn't a proper butt.
He still could have/should have received a yellow for the foul itself (his second of the match coming in from behind) and a yellow for the head incident though.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

After speaking to an ex-ref, it turns out a change in the rules this season states that the head forward motion is just a yellow now, providing it wasn't a proper butt.
He still could have/should have received a yellow for the foul itself (his second of the match coming in from behind) and a yellow for the head incident though.

Is it a yellow for holding your face for nothing?

Is it a yellow for holding your face for nothing?

No

ETA. You really think Easton's over-reaction was worthy of a yellow?

If the roles were reversed, you'd be having a pop at the plonker shoving his face into the player he'd just up ended.

No

ETA. You really think Easton's over-reaction was worthy of a yellow?
If the roles were reversed, you'd be having a pop at the plonker shoving his face into the player he'd just up ended.

He tried to con the ref into sending Geggan off. It’s no different than diving.

Yellow card imo

Archived