Forfar vs Ayr Utd

He tried to con the ref into sending Geggan off. It’s no different than diving.

Yellow card imo

He made sure the ref knew there was contact, I'll give you that.
I'd also agree with a yellow if he was writhing about or doubled over, he did neither.

Players regularly hold their ankles in fake injury after being tripped. Yellow for that too then?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made sure the ref knew there was contact, I'll give you that.
I'd also agree with a yellow if he was writhing about or doubled over, he did neither.

Players regularly hold their ankles in fake injury after being tripped. Yellow for that too then?

No because if a player is tripped then they can’t really help but go down and I’d guess most times it does cause them pain.

The difference is that there is no way that Geggan put enough force into it for the Forfar player to go down. The referee has to see that.

It’s still a yellow for Geggan because he was stupid enough to try and make contact and give him the chance to go down but I think the Forfar player has to get booked for going down too easy. This is where the referee has to use a bit of initiative and think whether or not there is enough force for him to go down and if not is he doing it to get someone sent off.

But refs in Scotland are shite so there’s no chance of them using common sense.

No because if a player is tripped then they can’t really help but go down and I’d guess most times it does cause them pain.

The difference is that there is no way that Geggan put enough force into it for the Forfar player to go down. The referee has to see that.

It’s still a yellow for Geggan because he was stupid enough to try and make contact and give him the chance to go down but I think the Forfar player has to get booked for going down too easy. This is where the referee has to use a bit of initiative and think whether or not there is enough force for him to go down and if not is he doing it to get someone sent off.

But refs in Scotland are shite so there’s no chance of them using common sense.

When players are tripped they often hold either the wrong leg or the wrong part that was clipped. You see it in pretty much every game televised.

By the way Easton didn't go down, which was part of my argument, perhaps why the ref didn't book him.

I actually wonder what the ref booked Geggan for? The foul or the aggressive handbagging after it. Perhaps the ref did show some initiative, a player got fouled then confronted aggressively by the same player, so your call would be both booked. A bit harsh IMHO, ref maybe saw it that way too.

Actually, I thought overall, the ref had a pretty good game. Can't argue with any of the Forfar bookings, thought maybe the Ayr guy who caught our keeper should have been booked, maybe it was his first foul and the ref showed some initiative there too. He had the usual couple of soft free kicks but other than that he didn't get much wrong.

When players are tripped they often hold either the wrong leg or the wrong part that was clipped. You see it in pretty much every game televised.

By the way Easton didn't go down, which was part of my argument, perhaps why the ref didn't book him.

I actually wonder what the ref booked Geggan for? The foul or the aggressive handbagging after it. Perhaps the ref did show some initiative, a player got fouled then confronted aggressively by the same player, so your call would be both booked. A bit harsh IMHO, ref maybe saw it that way too.

Actually, I thought overall, the ref had a pretty good game. Can't argue with any of the Forfar bookings, thought maybe the Ayr guy who caught our keeper should have been booked, maybe it was his first foul and the ref showed some initiative there too. He had the usual couple of soft free kicks but other than that he didn't get much wrong.

Agree with the ref doing ok. That was pretty much the only incident and it had no real bearing on the result.

Thought the goalie had made a big deal out of the Shankland incident but after seeing the highlights Shankland did leave a boot in and tripped him up so probably should’ve been booked.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

No

ETA. You really think Easton's over-reaction was worthy of a yellow?

If the roles were reversed, you'd be having a pop at the plonker shoving his face into the player he'd just up ended.

No I wouldn't, Easton was cheating.

Hope your not putting dodgy links up as I can't see anything barring a dodgy page.
You need to take your light blue specs off.

Still working for me. You need to turn your Killie filter off. Basically, Broadfoot falling over holding his face after being pushed in the chest. I'm sure you would see the funny side of it.

5 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Still working for me. You need to turn your Killie filter off. Basically, Broadfoot falling over holding his face after being pushed in the chest. I'm sure you would see the funny side of it.

I would have found it funny as he's the biggest bawbag I've met in all my years in a taxi.

On 18. 10. 2017 at 10:49, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd argue that the fact we are only 9 games into the season and already trail Raith by 5 points suggests the gap is only going to widen. If both teams match their results from the first quarter in the next three quarters then we'll finish twenty points behind Raith.

Bump

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/10/2017 at 11:49, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd argue that the fact we are only 9 games into the season and already trail Raith by 5 points suggests the gap is only going to widen. If both teams match their results from the first quarter in the next three quarters then we'll finish twenty points behind Raith.

Bump 

Delighted to so far being proven wrong but theres still lots of football to be played. Signs look positive though.

Indeed, by all means let the fans sing that we’ll win the league but until there’s a huge gap between us and second then let’s not get carried away.

There’s no signs of us letting up though.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Indeed, by all means let the fans sing that we’ll win the league but until there’s a huge gap between us and second then let’s not get carried away.

There’s no signs of us letting up though.

Signing Lawrence Shankland till the end of the season could well be the difference. If he signs I'm almost certain that we will go on and win the league.

Signing Lawrence Shankland till the end of the season could well be the difference. If he signs I'm almost certain that we will go on and win the league.

The 'pessimist' in me means i'll happily sing about 'going up' but not about winning the league haha

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Delighted to so far being proven wrong but theres still lots of football to be played. Signs look positive though.

This will be routinely bumped all season (unless we absolutely shit the bed in which case I'll pipe down) to raise awareness of Ayr fans being disproportionately miserable. It's a group exercise but this just happens to be the best example available. 

29 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Ayr thread for this p*sh please.

Talking about Ayr in here is fair game and if anyone can be fucked discussing Forfar they are welcome to as well.

4 minutes ago, WeAreAyr said:

This will be routinely bumped all season (unless we absolutely shit the bed in which case I'll pipe down) to raise awareness of Ayr fans being disproportionately miserable. It's a group exercise but this just happens to be the best example available. 

Talking about Ayr in here is fair game and if anyone can be fucked discussing Forfar they are welcome to as well.

Thank God you're here to keep us all aware. I'll look forward to you reminding us of stuff said months ago when  most have forgotten/don't care.

#NeverForget

Archived