Forfar vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shows 'passion'. 
Which for some folk counts for more than the fact he loaned Lewis Vaughan out to his biggest rivals last season and thus took Raith down.  

Err no he never - that was Locke.

If you're discounting Hughes based on relegating Raith then surely the same has to be said for our manager.

I don't think we should sack McCall btw - just playing devils advocate!

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Err no he never - that was Locke.

If you're discounting Hughes based on relegating Raith then surely the same has to be said for our manager.

I don't think we should sack McCall btw - just playing devils advocate!

Jeezo you are right - I stand corrected! Gary Locke is even worse than I thought haha. 

For what it's worth I agree we could absolutely have been justified in sacking McCall after relegation but think it was the right decision not to.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Malone knocks his pan in, can't argue with that, he's just not very good. It's creativity we're lacking in midfield.

From experience 11 of those don't usually get you relegated.

56 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Bollan (along with Yogi) are some of the genuine suggestions I've seen touted as replacements for McCall if we sack him.  Stuff like this sums up why the 'McCall Out' camp do my nut in. 

You must have heard that in the pub because I've not heard him getting a serious mention.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You must have heard that in the pub because I've not heard him getting a serious mention.

Was during my brief time as a member of that Somerset Road End Facebook page in the summer.  I'm not sure if any of the names are a 'serious' mention as such when there's not actually a job going but he was definitely there.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Was during my brief time as a member of that Somerset Road End Facebook page in the summer.  I'm not sure if any of the names are a 'serious' mention as such when there's not actually a job going but he was definitely there.

Forgive me, I've had a wee look on that page in the past after it receiving a mention on here, you'd be better getting the opinions of drunk men and women in the pub IMHO.

10 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Peter Houston for me. Genuinely think he'd take a job like Ayr, full time team, decent full of support and challenging for a title.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Peter Houston for me. Genuinely think he'd take a job like Ayr, full time team, decent full of support and challenging for a title.

He does nowt for me.

Scottish Cup winning manager.

And a two time finalist. If McCall went at the end of the season I’d take him but I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a club before then.

Don’t get why people wouldn’t take Hughes. He certainly wasn’t responsible for Raith going down and like Houston has a major trophy with an unfancied team.

If McKinnon was to get chucked from Dundee Utd (and it’s looking pretty likely) I’d want him. Unlikely he’d come but if we got him I think it’d be a brilliant appointment. Did brilliantly well with Brechin and Raith but just fell short on both occasions. I reckon with the proper backing he’d do ok.

He is a different type of player to Foxy, Foxy was a master passer largely due to the fact he never had the pace to beat anyone, Dylan is  the opposite but he NEEDS the ball to feet....Jim's team talk should be just that.

Eventually caught up.....
So why compare them?
Anyway, Swanks and Foxy "on their day" are/were miles ahead of most players, including Easton, in this league. No surprise top league teams had them on their books.
Lucky to have both of them, particularly Foxy, for the time we did. Sadly missed this season.

Eventually caught up.....
So why compare them?
Anyway, Swanks and Foxy "on their day" are/were miles ahead of most players, including Easton, in this league. No surprise top league teams had them on their books.
Lucky to have both of them, particularly Foxy, for the time we did. Sadly missed this season.

That was probably me that compared them. tbs was then responding to my post.....you sure you caught up on all the posts? [emoji3]

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

And a two time finalist. If McCall went at the end of the season I’d take him but I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a club before then.

Don’t get why people wouldn’t take Hughes. He certainly wasn’t responsible for Raith going down and like Houston has a major trophy with an unfancied team.

If McKinnon was to get chucked from Dundee Utd (and it’s looking pretty likely) I’d want him. Unlikely he’d come but if we got him I think it’d be a brilliant appointment. Did brilliantly well with Brechin and Raith but just fell short on both occasions. I reckon with the proper backing he’d do ok.

Er yes he was. He had 3 months to sort us out and get us clear of trouble  but  failed miserably.

Er yes he was. He had 3 months to sort us out and get us clear of trouble  but  failed miserably.

Harsh on him imo as Locke has to take the blame for last season.

It’s all speculative but if Hughes had the full season I don’t think you’d be in this league right now. Shame you are though, we’d have walked this league otherwise.

Archived