Forfar vs Ayr Utd

Just now, Loonytoons said:

And fight at the back.
Millar and Easton weren't at all bad today. Malone might allow them to be not all that bad further up the pitch closer to the front line.

Easton is brilliant the problem is what formation to play to get him in the side.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Easton is brilliant the problem is what formation to play to get him in the side.

No he isn't. Far from it. Yes he's probably the most technically gifted player in the squad, but doesn't do nearly enough with it. Has to impose himself on the game more, and has to be more of a goal threat. 

the problem is what formation to play to get him in the side.

Absolutely this part.

For where we are in the league, we need battlers in the middle of the park. He is not that. He's your classic Scottish flair/luxury player. Half the fans love him, the other half scream at him to track back and tackle. He's probably our new Foxy or Swanks.

I'd have him as a no 10 off the main striker. We'd also need midfielders who have energy to get up and support him.

After his long layoff I still don't think his touch is as good as it will be and he still needs to move the ball quicker. Based on today's performance, I can see why GB wasn't trusting/playing him every week.

Just now, Wet Wullie said:

No he isn't. Far from it. Yes he's probably the most technically gifted player in the squad, but doesn't do nearly enough with it. Has to impose himself on the game more, and has to be more of a goal threat. 

He is head and shoulders above everyone on the ball, trouble is he needs guys who are on the same wavelength.

If we had a striker who could read his game then i would play him in between midfield and striker(s)

1 minute ago, dee_62 said:

Absolutely this part.

For where we are in the league, we need battlers in the middle of the park. He is not that. He's your classic Scottish flair/luxury player. Half the fans love him, the other half scream at him to track back and tackle. He's probably our new Foxy or Swanks.

I'd have him as a no 10 off the main striker. We'd also need midfielders who have energy to get up and support him.

After his long layoff I still don't think his touch is as good as it will be and he still needs to move the ball quicker. Based on today's performance, I can see why GB wasn't trusting/playing him every week.

Really......you are telling us that GB was right?? lol

He needs someone to make a run for him.....not happening atm.

He was outstanding last week at Hampden, on his game he is miles ahead of Swankie and Foxy

2 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Stand by....incoming.

He is a different type of player to Foxy, Foxy was a master passer largely due to the fact he never had the pace to beat anyone, Dylan is  the opposite but he NEEDS the ball to feet....Jim's team talk should be just that.

Really......you are telling us that GB was right?? lol
He needs someone to make a run for him.....not happening atm.
He was outstanding last week at Hampden, on his game he is miles ahead of Swankie and Foxy

Ooofft! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Not sure about Paddy today. We really fell to bits when he went off, might have been purely coincidence though.

Bollan (along with Yogi) are some of the genuine suggestions I've seen touted as replacements for McCall if we sack him.  Stuff like this sums up why the 'McCall Out' camp do my nut in. 

Bollan (along with Yogi) are some of the genuine suggestions I've seen touted as replacements for McCall if we sack him.  Stuff like this sums up why the 'McCall Out' camp do my nut in. 

Jesus, truly frightening. Yogi has to be finished in management.

16 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Not much. I wasn't even going to put the "red card" incident in the highlights (but I will now!) Forfar player lucky not to get booked for feigning injury imo.

I don't disagree with you, in the grand scheme of things he didn't do much. What he did do was motion his head into an opposition players head, possibly/probably making contact. Regardless if contact or no contact, the decision has to be a red card. 

It was either play on, nothing to see here, or free kick and red card.

Just now, Wet Wullie said:

I don't disagree with you, in the grand scheme of things he didn't do much. What he did do was motion his head into an opposition players head, possibly/probably making contact. Regardless if contact or no contact, the decision has to be a red card. 

It was either play on, nothing to see here, or free kick and red card.

Fair enough. I thought the booking was for the initial foul as he'd already spoken to Geggan. 

Just thankful you boys paid four times the going rate for Gav so we could pay Bollan off. Plenty points to play for yet.

Now I know this will be my 3rd post regarding Forfar in the last couple of weeks, it's not easy being obsessed with you lads, however I have to say I think Forfar might be doomed.

Think it'll be Airdrie, you lads and Queens Park that'll battle to avoid bottom spot.

However things may change with Weir, who knows, not so sure he was the right man though. January will be very important.

14 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Jesus, truly frightening. Yogi has to be finished in management.

Shows 'passion'. 

Which for some folk counts for more than the fact he loaned Lewis Vaughan out to his biggest rivals last season and thus took Raith down.  

Archived