Forfar vs Ayr Utd

Don’t know how much Forfar have changed since getting rid of Bollan but they’re bottom of the table so it should be an easy game. However we don’t have a great record in recent years up there and we’ve got a habit of making games harder than they should be. I’d be tempted to go all out with the 3 strikers since neither McDaid or McGuffie are playing well just now. It’ll all depend on Moore’s fitness really and whether we pick up more injuries between now and Saturday.

If the forwards are on form we could score a few but if we concede first then who knows how it’ll go.

Hart

Ferguson Reid Higgins Boyle

Docherty

Geggan Crawford

Moffat

Moore Shankland

2-0 Ayr

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't Forfar have an artificial pitch? That would count Adams out, although I'm fine with Geggan in midfield as he's really come good there lately, as he was at RB. He seems to come into a game when he plays a few in that position, then he gets switched about. Wouldn't mind if he just stayed in midfield from now on as I think Ferguson is showing himself to be quite a good player as well.

14 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Don’t know how much Forfar have changed since getting rid of Bollan but they’re bottom of the table so it should be an easy game. However we don’t have a great record in recent years up there and we’ve got a habit of making games harder than they should be. I’d be tempted to go all out with the 3 strikers since neither McDaid or McGuffie are playing well just now. It’ll all depend on Moore’s fitness really and whether we pick up more injuries between now and Saturday.

If the forwards are on form we could score a few but if we concede first then who knows how it’ll go.

Hart

Ferguson Reid Higgins Boyle

Docherty

Geggan Crawford

Moffat

Moore Shankland

2-0 Ayr

Why do you say things like this? 

Fully expect both teams to score. If Ayr can get their scoring boots on I would be hopeful of a 4-1 win for Ayr. I am dreading our defensive frailty and inability to kill teams off, it may be another 2-2 draw. So on the basis of this a home win is almost guaranteed!!!

Fully expect both teams to score. If Ayr can get their scoring boots on I would be hopeful of a 4-1 win for Ayr. I am dreading our defensive frailty and inability to kill teams off, it may be another 2-2 draw. So on the basis of this a home win is almost guaranteed!!!

A home win ! Very rare at station park these days

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Home win.  

2 hours ago, mps02 said:

You guys have seen the league table haven't you?

1-0 home win after all the Ayr players keep trying to set up Moff for his 100th and fail miserably

Forfar goal to come from a free kick that shouldn't have been given and the smallest guy on Forfars team to head it home at the near post

McCall to sub Geggan for Gilmour on the 65 minute mark

Didn't take our chances, pitch was against us, good play don't know how we didn't win that....etc etc

2 wins with clean sheets and 2 draws that should have been comfortable wins in the last 4 games, with 10 goals scored. Nowhere as poor as some of the drama queens on here like to make out.

Also we have only failed to score in 1 of 16 games so far this season, which was a midweeker away at Hibs, so I'm pretty confident we will score again in this one. Defence still a concern but happy predict an Ayr win with both teams to score.

Why are so many people making such a big deal about Moffat's 100th professional goal?

A quarter of them were for another team. If he was on the cusp of breaking some goalscoring record for Ayr then aye I'd get it, but I couldn't give less of a shite about goals he's scored for somebody else.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Why are so many people making such a big deal about Moffat's 100th professional goal?

A quarter of them were for another team. If he was on the cusp of breaking some goalscoring record for Ayr then aye I'd get it, but I couldn't give less of a shite about goals he's scored for somebody else.

Because he has gone to bits since getting to 99.  

It’s clearly playing on his mind though. The quicker he gets it the better it is for the rest of the team.

It probably is, he's clearly a player that relies a lot on being in the right frame of mind, but in that case surely it won't help that the support are constantly banging on about it? Just let him get on with it.

Archived