Favourite gaming cheat/secret

Stellaboz

Everyone must have their favourite cheats or secrets in gaming? Potential spoiler thread!

Mine comes from Metal Gear: Snake Eater. You quite possibly have to have a sniper battle with an old dude called The End. Which is fun enough. However, if you want an easy kill, you saved the game, loaded the ps2 back up without the disc and changed the date on the console to something like 70 years ahead, loaded it back up and there was a cut scene of you finding the old guy dead from old age [emoji1]

You could also snipe him in his wheelchair earlier in the game but his boss area would be littered with soldiers instead.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure after losing to him three or four times, you get a message on your Codec advising you to change controller ports. A neat innovation all the same, but still.

My favourite cheat was in Shinobi II: The Revenge of Shinobi on the MegaDrive. You would go into the option and set your shurikens to zero, and leave it for about 20 seconds. Suddenly, the counter would change to an infinity loop and you'd have infinite shurikens for the game ahead.

Also: up, down, left, right, A+C, start.

Another MGS one.  Moving the controller over to the second port on the original PS1 game in order to beat Psycho Mantis.  He couldn't read your mind if you did it.

If you wanted to get a better end game grade, you had to use chaff grenades.

12 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

On the original FIFA you could run away from the ref when he was trying to book you.

Eventually he would give up for bookings, but unfortunately if it was a red you had to be caught eventually.

On a similar theme, on FIFA 95 you could walk your goalkeeper out to stand directly in front of the spot when the opposition had a penalty.

31 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

On a similar theme, on FIFA 95 you could walk your goalkeeper out to stand directly in front of the spot when the opposition had a penalty.

Aye, right enough. You could do the same thing with your striker when the 'keeper tried to kick from his hands.

Worst cheat was in vice city. Doing that mission trying to save Lance from the junkyard. Flew in with a chopper killed all the folk then when about to do the getaway spawned a tank and it landed on lance and he died. Mission failed. Ragin.

Used to love using the invisible doors in Goldeneye multiplayer. Played my faither and uncle and they got pissed off i was cheating. Never played again ha.

Fifa 99 used to have a weird glitch where if you shot from half way and mashed the start button the keeper would miss it and it would go through his legs. Worked almost all the time.

One in champ man/football manager you can offer any
Player a contract /money who is interested to play for you, put in 50 million and when club accepts and player does I'm sure you pressed back, change value to 0, give him a contract and you have players who are interested in you coming for nothing

Used to be able to agree a pca with players in January and then instantly get them for nothing the same window

Which game was this ? I still can't remember

FM 13 or 14 I think, not honestly sure.

Money cheat on LMA was grand aswell, signing Danny North for Saints and him bagging 40 goals a seasons :wub:

FM 13 or 14 I think, not honestly sure.

Money cheat on LMA was grand aswell, signing Danny North for Saints and him bagging 40 goals a seasons :wub:

I had Bobby Zamora at Gayfield before he was big. Bobthebuilder cheat on LMA too. Maroon Bernabeu.

Surely the San Andreas ones, some excellent fun to be had with those cheats.

One in champ man/football manager you can offer any
Player a contract /money who is interested to play for you, put in 50 million and when club accepts and player does I'm sure you pressed back, change value to 0, give him a contract and you have players who are interested in you coming for nothing

Came on to post this.

On the new PES there is an online glitch where you can spam the pause button until the game kicks you both out for poor signal quality. It’s actually wrecking the game and I hope Konami patch it or I’ll need to get on the Fifa train.

hold R2 and press Down, Square, Triangle, Down

The code in Die Hard Trilogy (specifically Die Hard 1) for the PS1 that enabled "Floating Death"

About as random a cheat as you can possibly imagine, didn't make you stronger, didn't give you some form of advantage, just simply made your slain german terrorists slowly spin and float away to heaven after you brutalise them. 

Archived