Falkirk v St Mirren

26 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

I was a ball boy then,  happened right infront of me,  remember it well. Was brilliant to watch.

I was also a ball boy that day. My abiding memory of Waddle is that he was an arsehole to the ball boys. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Given that everyone is shite, it now remains to be seen who comes in as their new manager (as predicted yesterday).

Any half decent manager should ensure that Dundee U skoosh this league unfortunately.

Unless they buy the league in January, I don't think McKinnon has built a team that could skoosh this league.

I've just read Pressley is an outside contender....please please and please

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Unless they buy the league in January, I don't think McKinnon has built a team that could skoosh this league.

They've got some decent players but also some real howlers. They don't have a single decent centre half and the boy Nkoi wouldn't get a game for camelon juniors.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I was also a ball boy that day. My abiding memory of Waddle is that he was an arsehole to the ball boys. 

I was a Ball Boy in the 70's. 

Let's have a reunion. 

Give Santaponsasaint a shout tae. 

DJC is on the first Round. 

:thumsup2

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

They have previous: they bought their way to survival** in 2000/1. They looked down and out but it was before the transfer window was a thing and they strengthened*.

Meanwhile, we had zero playing budget because of the stupid fucking SPL stadium requirements. I've got over it, though. :unsure:

* This is all based on my memory of events so could be bollocks :lol:

** We, of course, famously bought our way to survival in January by expensively assembling a talented squad that was completely unsustainable (copyright, the Virgin). It's why we're struggling so much this season.

They have previous: they bought their way to survival** in 2000/1. They looked down and out but it was before the transfer window was a thing and they strengthened*.
Meanwhile, we had zero playing budget because of the stupid fucking SPL stadium requirements. I've got over it, though. :unsure:

* This is all based on my memory of events so could be bollocks :lol:
** We, of course, famously bought our way to survival in January by expensively assembling a talented squad that was completely unsustainable (copyright, the Virgin). It's why we're struggling so much this season.

Our budget was blown on JR's impressive cardigan collection. Totally worth it.

* This is all based on my memory of events so could be bollocks [emoji38]

Talking of buying......Jim Mcintyre bought Ross County out of relegation when we floundered our way down into the Championship....I really hope (if he gets the DU job) he can't buy the Championship this year.

9 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

Talking of buying......Jim Mcintyre bought Ross County out of relegation when we floundered our way down into the Championship....I really hope (if he gets the DU job) he can't buy the Championship this year.

I don't think they have the cash flow to do so, the Robertson money coming in is over 2 or 3 year, they made massive losses last year and although they have cut the cloth in playing staff, the crowds generated this season surely can't be cost effective to what they have cut the cloth to.

Tho, they may take a leaf out their neighbours and spend what they dont have

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:

Ross County bought their way out of the Highland League.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I don't think they have the cash flow to do so, the Robertson money coming in is over 2 or 3 year, they made massive losses last year and although they have cut the cloth in playing staff, the crowds generated this season surely can't be cost effective to what they have cut the cloth to.

Tho, they may take a leaf out their neighbours and spend what they dont have

I would be quite happy to see that rat faced arsehole Chairman they have lose the family fortune.

• 1 month later...
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:55, Wilbur said:

Sometimes it takes a few months to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.  Alex Rae's legacy inherited by JR was a truly stinky shitty stick.

No ill will intended to you personally Mr Dust (or to Falkirk FC) but IMO Paul Hartley is a donkey's penis who will ultimately turn out to be a bad choice as a manager. 

Bump.

Counter argument ?

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:47, MrDust said:

Time will tell re Hartley but a manager with three promotions and a top 6 finish in the top league with a club the size of ours, kinda suggests he either carries a lot of luck or knows a thing or two

Nope, debatable what was worse tho taking over a very much similar unbalanced squad with 6 centre halves on decent money, too many defensive snail paced central midfielders and probably two strikers out of five that with either ability or could last 90 mins and one of the two is currently AWOL  

The fact Hartley trusted a 17yr old who no one knew much to make his debut shows how much faith he has in what cards he has been left to play with

Bump.

Optimism retained Mr D ?

Archived