Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted earlier on fan talk that we need a refresh in the team but many on here criticised me saying you dont mess with well running engine.. Well the engine over the last few matches was showing signs of stuttering and today it came back to haunt us. 

Its obvious that teams are going to sit in. Stranraer got their early goal and then sat in making their defence tighter that a alabama tick. I blame the manager today more than anything as you just cant play the same every week. I hope he changes things around for next week or we WILL go on a slide. end of second rant.

As much as this is a good result it will be meaningless if we can’t put together a good run and with the state our squad is in I’m not too confident.

We desperately need our key players back in order to have a chance of winning the league.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

As much as this is a good result it will be meaningless if we can’t put together a good run and with the state our squad is in I’m not too confident.

We desperately need our key players back in order to have a chance of winning the league.

Unless we get our best keeper and defenders back in the team youve nothing to worry about.

Unless we get our best keeper and defenders back in the team youve nothing to worry about.

Both teams have obvious problems. We both had poor keepers but we seem to have sorted that.

If we stop losing cheap goals and get either Crawford or Docherty back I’ll be much more confident.

Surely Benedictus isn’t far off a return anyway?

10 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Both teams have obvious problems. We both had poor keepers but we seem to have sorted that.

If we stop losing cheap goals and get either Crawford or Docherty back I’ll be much more confident.

Surely Benedictus isn’t far off a return anyway?

You're playing another keeper,  we're stuck with Smith however badly he plays. Benedictus has only just restarted training. McHattie is further away from a start in the team

I posted earlier on fan talk that we need a refresh in the team but many on here criticised me saying you dont mess with well running engine.. Well the engine over the last few matches was showing signs of stuttering and today it came back to haunt us. 

Its obvious that teams are going to sit in. Stranraer got their early goal and then sat in making their defence tighter that a alabama tick. I blame the manager today more than anything as you just cant play the same every week. I hope he changes things around for next week or we WILL go on a slide. end of second rant.

Sat in? We still arguably created the better chances in the second half.

From our POV a great battling performance against the league leaders and really an unexpected 3 points for us. We also played some good football at times and deserved the win - a rare success against Rovers!

The youngsters continue to do well and it would be great to hold onto Beith for the remainder of the season.

Great effort from Stranraer today. The players and management have ensured that people are back to talking about matters on the park and they deserve a lot of credit for the way they have performed in difficult circumstances this month. We were solid at the back with all of the defence resolute and Belford saved well when required. There was a lot of energy in the team once again and we looked lively when we got the chance to go forward.  Raith Rovers didn't look great and punted it forward a lot which played into the hands of Robertson and Neill who both had good games winning a lot of headers. Angus Beith has been a good loan signing for us. Not saying it will remain that way but today we didn't look any poorer despite being without the players who left. Thankfully for us the youngsters are taking their chances. Well done to all concerned - it appears that Farroll has got on with the job in hand rather than complaining about the situation.   

Brillaint performance all over the park from us today. Beith and turner were superb. Cant remember belford having to much to do today. We looked the team that was more likely to score when in the last third.

Wasnt impressed today in raith but thats for them to worry about.  

Think raith came down here with the same attitude about this game as some of there fans on here. Get it up you all!!

Think thats the first game we have been in the lead and havent sat in. We had the better chances and looked brilliant going forward. If we sat in why would raith need to 'hoof it' as there would be plently of room to play football. Must of been at a different game than me..

Anyway mon the blueeeeeeeeee

3 minutes ago, ThePoohBear said:

Think thats the first game we have been in the lead and havent sat in. We had the better chances and looked brilliant going forward. If we sat in why would raith need to 'hoof it' as there would be plently of room to play football. Must of been at a different game than me..

Varna Rover wasn't at the game. His opinion is based on an audio link he listened to. 

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

Varna Rover wasn't at the game. His opinion is based on an audio link he listened to. 

Well the person that does your audio link should be took to the side and spoken to. Fake news. 

2 minutes ago, ThePoohBear said:

Well the person that does your audio link should be took to the side and spoken to. Fake news. 

I will pass your comment on to them, 2 commentators actually. And they are both scottish not russian my friend.:thumbsdown

Archived