Metallica @ The Hydro

IainMorton

Thought this deserved a thread of its own. 12 days to go and I’m buzzing for this gig. Been watching some YouTube videos of their US stadium tour during the summer and they sound as good as I’ve ever heard them live, James especially - vocal and guitar wise. The Hardwired stuff will be amazing to hear live and the old stuff should be superb too. Cannot wait.

Who else is going? :D 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Goin to this, missed out on last couple tours, couldn't get tickets. Probably only big band left on the bucket list apart from Van halen

This will be my fifth time seeing them. Always a special experience. Even if they just stood there on the stage for two hours and didn’t play any songs I’d still stand there in amazement going “holy shit, it’s Metallica!!” :lol: 

2 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Fingers crossed for Blackened. Can't wait.

Blackened and Four Horsemen are the two songs I want to hear the most.

Hearing Atlas Rise and Moth Into Flame live should be superb :D 

2 hours ago, Muzz1886 said:

Going to this but this will be the last time I go see them. Ticket prices are outrageous. 

I think the tickets prices would be outrageous for a band that stands and plays their songs on a stage, but for the show put on by one of the few true Mega-Bands, I'm completely fine with it.

I've plenty stories about times i've spunked away 100 notes, but seeing Metallica won't be one of them.

Don't get me wrong, they were terrific the last time in Glasgow and I'm sure they'll be great again. 100 quid great though? All before a pint has even been sipped or the obligatory night out in the Catty. That's way too expensive. 

Black Stone  Cherry were 30 odd, Alter Bridge 50 odd, even Iron Maiden (they were awful incidentally) sub 70.  Arguably all better than Metallica imho. 

Thought this deserved a thread of its own. 12 days to go and I’m buzzing for this gig. Been watching some YouTube videos of their US stadium tour during the summer and they sound as good as I’ve ever heard them live, James especially - vocal and guitar wise. The Hardwired stuff will be amazing to hear live and the old stuff should be superb too. Cannot wait.
Who else is going? [emoji3] 

Me & Mrs Mile will be attending. This will be the missus’ second time seeing them and my sixth - Total fanboy!

Hoping Battery & Metal Militia will be part of the setlist, though the latter is a rarity.

Can't fucking wait for this.

The last twice I have seen them has been at the SECC so it will be good to hear them at a different venue.

I haven't checked what they have been playing elsewhere on the tour but I will be raging if they don't do Master of Puppets.

2 hours ago, KillieCon said:

Can't fucking wait for this.

The last twice I have seen them has been at the SECC so it will be good to hear them at a different venue.

I haven't checked what they have been playing elsewhere on the tour but I will be raging if they don't do Master of Puppets.

Master Of Puppets has been played at every Metallica show since 1986 so I doubt they would drop it now :lol: 

Master Of Puppets has been played at every Metallica show since 1986 so I doubt they would drop it now :lol: 

I kind of hope they would drop it. It’s a classic and I can’t even explain why I find it so tedious but I do. Think there’s just so many other songs and live rarities I’d rather hear.

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I kind of hope they would drop it. It’s a classic and I can’t even explain why I find it so tedious but I do. Think there’s just so many other songs and live rarities I’d rather hear.

I’d rather they dropped Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters. ..

I’d rather they dropped Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters. ..

Definitely agree about dropping Nothing Else Matters. Half agree about Enter Sandman but it’s good for a crowd bounce and a good one for a crowd pop with the pyro.

#nopyronoparty

Archived