Why no Switch?

If Castlecary is unplayable why was the game not switched to Blairmount? Surely Newton Stewart could have made the pitch available at short notice? It will end up there anyway if the rules are followed. 

It is there , on the 1st o November....an Newton now hav home advantage wae all the gate money....as The Legend of The South has previously pointed out, Ecks played a blinder again ;-)

I don’t think you can claim the Park wasn’t playable after the weather this week?

Don't think anyone doubts that it was unplayable but given the fact that Blairmount (A) Was playable   (B) Is only 10 minutes away (C) The Ref was from Stranraer and (D) A postponed game will be played there anyway surely helping the fixtures secretary out is more important than trying to score points over local rivals?

Don't think anyone doubts that it was unplayable but given the fact that Blairmount (A) Was playable   (B) Is only 10 minutes away © The Ref was from Stranraer and (D) A postponed game will be played there anyway surely helping the fixtures secretary out is more important than trying to score points over local rivals?

I agree with all your points. I Was thinking the eck comment implied he or creetown has done something wrong

Nice to see Lochar Thistle hopefully setting a precedent by taking their Challenge Cup game against Dalbeattie Star to Palmerston on Friday night  ! It's encouraging to see some of those with grass Parks using common sense considering the poor state these pitches are clearly currently in. Let's hope more follow suit in the near future to get fixtures played 

Well done Lochar but it is not setting a precedent. Wigtown hired Blairmount when Tram was having pitch problems and Newton Stewart hired St Mary's when they had teething troubles at Blairmount ( remember the Flood Dome?) .Sure it has also happened down Dumfries way quite a few times . 

Where there's a will there's a way! 

Archived