Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

...but that might not be so far off given the SJFA currently claim to be negotiating pyramid entry with the pyramid working group and that presumably includes the north region and east region clubs that are north of the Tay. That should provide a minimum of two feeders even without taking the NCL into consideration.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's going to continue until there's something for them to jettison into.

Strathspey merge with the Junior team, Lossiemouth take Banks O'Dee's place in the Juniors, and Fort William join the the NCL (or some north Glasgow amateur league)  - simples! :P

But yeah, it will be interesting to see if the Tayside dominance of the East Superleague leads to the rest of the West Lothian and Fife teams moving to the EoS, forcing the top Tayside clubs to look north.

13 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Nae idea. I spotted the 17-0 on what appeared to be an ICT forum so it may be a load of shite. I struggled to find much else regarding record scores etc, just a few bits and bobs on different forums.

Yeah, the 17-0 record score from us in 1998 is correct. I posted about it earlier in the thread.

In real danger of being broken this season. :(

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...but that might not be so far off given the SJFA currently claim to be negotiating pyramid entry with the pyramid working group and that presumably includes the north region and east region clubs that are north of the Tay. That should provide a minimum of two feeders even without taking the NCL into consideration.

That's the important word. Wouldn't surprise me if the North and East are (a) totally ignored, or (b) slotted on as an afterthought.

Things improved for them a few seasons back when ICT loaned them 5 or 6 youth players I think it was.   Nothing wrong with a few 16 and 17 year olds getting some HL experience to toughen them up, and of course the quality of Fort would improve too.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Things improved for them a few seasons back when ICT loaned them 5 or 6 youth players I think it was.   Nothing wrong with a few 16 and 17 year olds getting some HL experience to toughen them up, and of course the quality of Fort would improve too.

ICT Colts in the Highland League was floated around the time of the SPFL reserve league announcement, as ICT weren't fielding a reserve side.

They could maybe try and resurrect the old tie up.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

ICT Colts in the Highland League was floated around the time of the SPFL reserve league announcement, as ICT weren't fielding a reserve side.

They could maybe try and resurrect the old tie up.

Indeed.

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:12, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Anyone have any idea where the 16 year old sub keeper utility man played today?

Assuming it's Craig Mackay, who was their sub-goalkeeper (alongside 2 outfielders) v Rothes on the opening day...

... heartbreakingly he didn't feature at all in Saturday's 13-man squad which had no sub goalie :(. Interestingly it did feature 3 players with Eastern European names, who don't seem to have featured previously, and another called Lopez!

In losing to Inverness in the NofS Cup their sub 'keeper (alongside 1 outfielder) was a Paul Lidgertwood.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Assuming it's Craig Mackay, who was their sub-goalkeeper (alongside 2 outfielders) v Rothes on the opening day...

... heartbreakingly he didn't feature at all in Saturday's 13-man squad which had no sub goalie :(. Interestingly it did feature 3 players with Eastern European names, who don't seem to have featured previously, and another called Lopez!

In losing to Inverness in the NofS Cup their sub 'keeper (alongside 1 outfielder) was a Paul Lidgertwood.

There's a load of Lopez's in the Fort area, I can think of 3 or so who have played for them in recent times.