Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

On 17/04/2019 at 21:50, Rowan said:

Apparently the league secetary was in stv talking about fort William tonight. @welshbairn did you see it?

someone sent me a pic of their paused tv!

Found a wee snippet here,

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1437110-the-worst-league-club-in-scotland-just-won-t-give-up/

Fort lost 1-5 to Wick and 2 red cards, ending the season with a GD of 224, conceding 245 and scoring 21. Won none, drew 2 and lost 32. Points total minus 7 after having 9 points deducted for fielding a non eligible player 3 times.

P.S. Seems I got my sums right for a change. From Wick's twitter feed.

D5K999WW4AAKEDl.png

Edited by welshbairn

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Tbf that was preceded by this.

https://twitter.com/FortWilliamFC/status/1122437338406297601

No idea who this Pint of Bovril guy is but he sounds like a pyramid obsessed southerner. 

I like how he says "The harsh reality is that you're completely out of your depth in that league and have been for many years. Maybe time to admit that and seek pastures new." That doesn't seem to stop Celtic having a go in the Champions' League...

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I like how he says "The harsh reality is that you're completely out of your depth in that league and have been for many years. Maybe time to admit that and seek pastures new." That doesn't seem to stop Celtic having a go in the Champions' League...

You would have a point if Celtic hadn't sought pastures new this season by not qualifying for the Champions League...

pretty convinced that PoB fella is on here, there seems to be a lot of correlation between what they post on twitter and topics / threads on here.

Came across like he was blaming FW for not being relegated or just plan f**king off. Most of what he posted on twitter before was fairly ok, roaster comment at FW though, and seems to be enjoying attention.

• 2 months later...

I went to a couple of games last season - the 5-0 loss away to Clach and the 5-1 defeat at home to Wick. To be fair to the Fort, they looked fairly well organised and not completely hopeless - played well in the first half hour against Wick and made it relatively competitive until the first sending off. With a regular squad and a few less postponements, no reason why they can't drag themselves off the bottom.

They played Jeanfield Swifts' youngsters in a pre-season friendly last week, won 9-3. Some good link-up play across the middle and a couple of cracking strikes. They're playing Campbeltown tomorrow which I was hoping to get across to, but I've got a bloody eye infection and not sure if I'm keen for a 6 hour drive there and back with a gammy eye.

2 minutes ago, Aqy said:

I went to a couple of games last season - the 5-0 loss away to Clach and the 5-1 defeat at home to Wick. To be fair to the Fort, they looked fairly well organised and not completely hopeless - played well in the first half hour against Wick and made it relatively competitive until the first sending off. With a regular squad and a few less postponements, no reason why they can't drag themselves off the bottom.

They played Jeanfield Swifts' youngsters in a pre-season friendly last week, won 9-3. Some good link-up play across the middle and a couple of cracking strikes. They're playing Campbeltown tomorrow which I was hoping to get across to, but I've got a bloody eye infection and not sure if I'm keen for a 6 hour drive there and back with a gammy eye.

Not been at Claggan Park since Caley’s last season in 1994. Was in Campbeltown this year though, that’s a hoor o a drive 😂

You should go for it, I’ve had a gammy eye for 7 years , never stopped me 🤣

42 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

You should go for it, I’ve had a gammy eye for 7 years , never stopped me 🤣

C***s On The Road thread for that sort of chat...

43 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Don't usually go near GN but assuming it's that perthshire c**t's life story.

:lol:

Maybe it should be, but it's actually a moaning thread for all we perfect drivers to complain about all the other road users.

On 06/07/2019 at 22:45, Tartan Dave said:

Campbeltown 7-1 Fort william - lol

What league do Campbeltown actually play in?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just lazy journalism to give them the "worst football team" tag. They aren't even the worst senior club in Scotland, leave alone Britain. Right at the bottom of the EOS and SOS there are worse teams. And if you include the juniors, that title goes to Coupar Angus (based on last season). I've seen both play last season and Fort William would pump Coupar Angus. Also no mention of the fact that they played a Jeanfield Swifts youth team and not their first team.