Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

I can't make the county game on Saturday due to commitments in the morning, so it looks like I'll be seeing Clach vs Fort William down the ferry on Saturday. Clach have improved dramatically down Polworth has gone (if not in results, performance wise from what I've seen) so this will be a tough game for Fort.

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I can't make the county game on Saturday due to commitments in the morning, so it looks like I'll be seeing Clach vs Fort William down the ferry on Saturday. Clach have improved dramatically down Polworth has gone (if not in results, performance wise from what I've seen) so this will be a tough game for Fort.

What would you classify as an easy game?

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

What would you classify as an easy game?

Clach were pretty garbage under Polworth towards the end, the last three meetings between Clach and Fort have been 3-3, 1-1 and 2-1 to Clach. This Clach team will probably stick at least four past Fort, which is far better than their usual showings.

Brian McLeod seems competent enough for Clach.  I noticed towards the end of Polworth's reign it was McLeod giving out a lot of the teams instructions during the game.  Granted I've only seem them once since he took over, but they definitely looked more like they had a set game plan.

On 28/03/2019 at 12:27, Comrie said:

Clach were pretty garbage under Polworth towards the end, the last three meetings between Clach and Fort have been 3-3, 1-1 and 2-1 to Clach. This Clach team will probably stick at least four past Fort, which is far better than their usual showings.

Spot on, 5-0. That's Fort at 204 GD, an average of 6.8 per game. Has to be some kind of UK record for senior football.

Edited by welshbairn

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Spot on, 5-0. That's Fort at 204 GD, an average of 6.8 per game. Has to be some kind of UK record for senior football.

Fort had a great chance at 0-0 when their striker went slid it past the Clach keeper but it trickled just wide. The Fort keeper was shite but still saved a penalty at 4-0 and saved a header with his feet that looked a goal all the way.

Cracking macaroni pie as well.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Fort had a great chance at 0-0 when their striker went slid it past the Clach keeper but it trickled just wide. The Fort keeper was shite but still saved a penalty at 4-0 and saved a header with his feet that looked a goal all the way.

Cracking macaroni pie as well.

Couldn't make it today, but not keen on their meat pies. Not sure where they get them from but Brora get theirs from the butchers in the Victorian Market and they're much better. Will give macaroni a go next time.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Couldn't make it today, but not keen on their meat pies. Not sure where they get them from but Brora get theirs from the butchers in the Victorian Market and they're much better. Will give macaroni a go next time.

I find the meat in their pies alright but the pasty often feels old, like it's been sitting for a day and been reheated. Still far better than the Caley pies.

41 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Fort William 2 - 6 Nairn County

delayed start due to the local wildlife

Graceless stuff as usual from Nairn.

Bearing in mind it was 1-1 against the team having the worst season in HL history at 52 minutes, the arrogance here is a bit ott.

https://twitter.com/NairnCounty/status/1114540309810167808

Edited by welshbairn

On 30/03/2019 at 17:17, welshbairn said:

Next closest in Scotland is presumably Eyemouth, who have an average GD of -5.8.