Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
On 23/01/2019 at 16:50, gav-ffc said:
Over 5k now!
He got them promoted into league 2 last night. 
I have a life, honestly.

Maybe I'm not upto speed on these things, but why do people send him money?

A warm feeling of sending a fiver to what they think is a good cause? Like a live version of crowd funding. I think.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
On 23/01/2019 at 16:50, gav-ffc said:
Over 5k now!
He got them promoted into league 2 last night. 
I have a life, honestly.

Maybe I'm not upto speed on these things, but why do people send him money?

They are donating to fort William via him

23 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

From Fort's official twitter feed, a pretty picture but not great for football

image.thumb.png.e023d7c640de48e82d042ff97a2598db.png

Providing its not frozen underneath no real problem playing on a covering of snow. Remember years ago a lot of games even in the top flight would have gone ahead in those conditions. Remember seeing Aberdeen playing a Belgian club with the Orange ball in a European Comp on a Wednesday night. As with most things now we make things hard for ourselves worrying about things that will probably never happen.

16 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Providing its not frozen underneath no real problem playing on a covering of snow. Re. As with most things now we make things hard for ourselves worrying about things that will probably never happen.member years ago a lot of games even in the top flight would have gone ahead in those conditions. Remember seeing Aberdeen playing a Belgian club with the Orange ball in a European Comp on a Wednesday night

Standard Liege? Jim Whyte missed a sitter at the Merkland Road end.

19 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Providing its not frozen underneath no real problem playing on a covering of snow. Remember years ago a lot of games even in the top flight would have gone ahead in those conditions. Remember seeing Aberdeen playing a Belgian club with the Orange ball in a European Comp on a Wednesday night. As with most things now we make things hard for ourselves worrying about things that will probably never happen.

Yah I've played in the snow as a teenager, lots of sliding around, makes for fun goal celebrations (not that I scored any goals in the snow, didn't score many period)

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Standard Liege? Jim Whyte missed a sitter at the Merkland Road end.

That's the one, sometimes think the sight of a wee bit of snow is enough to cancel games now, providing its not frozen under it leave the snow on the park if only a inch or so deep, clear the lines & get on with it. Remember being at Claggin for what was Peterheads last game of the season, we had the title won & it certainly would not have usually gone ahead as there were huge puddles all over the park, game got played we got our trophy & went home happy.

On 21/01/2019 at 18:35, Jacksgranda said:

Apart from drinking, gambling and chasing women, there's not much else to do up there. Allegedly.

Judging by the many curiously snow-free roofs and the odd glow from some windows in the Planny, there's at least one other thing to do in the Fort.

The snow could also be cleared by a few volunteers/players if the park isn't frozen.

Unfortunately the ground was completely solid. I woke up in Glencoe on Saturday morning and the temperature was -7 and it had been similar on Friday morning so I'm guessing it was much the same in Fort William. I was hoping to get along to the game but when I checked the forecast in advance I knew there was no chance of it going ahead.

It appears they haven't had a home game since the 15th of December. That can't be too good for cashflow. I assume the players just get a peanuts appearance fee or travel expenses rather than earning a weekly/monthly wage?

21 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The snow could also be cleared by a few volunteers/players if the park isn't frozen.

Unfortunately the ground was completely solid. I woke up in Glencoe on Saturday morning and the temperature was -7 and it had been similar on Friday morning so I'm guessing it was much the same in Fort William. I was hoping to get along to the game but when I checked the forecast in advance I knew there was no chance of it going ahead.

It appears they haven't had a home game since the 15th of December. That can't be too good for cashflow. I assume the players just get a peanuts appearance fee or travel expenses rather than earning a weekly/monthly wage?

I wouldn't have thought they'd get paid at all.?

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
8 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:
I wouldn't have thought they'd get paid at all.?

I've no idea. I was under the impression they had a few guys who travel from Inverness etc (may well be wrong) so just assumed there would be at least some travel expenses involved for training and games.

Possibly expenses or something maybe? I don't know either tbh.