Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Great stuff, fellas. 

Say, is that every two bit journo wannabe/blogger now written a piece with the theme, 'Hey everyone! Come look at these clowns in Fort William trying to do The Football'? That's another one appeared on The Times website following the same template as the rest - hills, lots of hills! Kids playing shinty! Factual error because it's not been properly checked! SOOOOOOOOOOO remote, like can you even get a pint in that place? Committee members working hard, players playing for the love of the club, etc. 

Shite, I've just written another one. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Great stuff, fellas. 

Say, is that every two bit journo wannabe/blogger now written a piece with the theme, 'Hey everyone! Come look at these clowns in Fort William trying to do The Football'? That's another one appeared on The Times website following the same template as the rest - hills, lots of hills! Kids playing shinty! Factual error because it's not been properly checked! SOOOOOOOOOOO remote, like can you even get a pint in that place? Committee members working hard, players playing for the love of the club, etc. 

Before you blow a gasket it's nothing different to what the club are actively promoting themselves. Which is where the interest has come from.

They are actively tapping into the ground hopper/lower league/AMF sentiment and fair fucks to them for doing so.

And in the context of the HFL never mind the rest of the pyramid it is pretty remote.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Great stuff, fellas. 

It is a bit weird that Fort William get it but, say, Tweedmouth or Dumfries YMCA don't. I guess the Highland League has a bit more prestige/exposure? Maybe a bit of misty eyed romantic feel about it being in the wilds of the Highlands with Ben Nevis (sorry... Beinn Nebhis) in the background

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Before you blow a gasket it's nothing different to what the club are actively promoting themselves. Which is where the interest has come from.

They are actively tapping into the ground hopper/lower league/AMF sentiment and fair fucks to them for doing so.

And in the context of the HFL never mind the rest of the pyramid it is pretty remote.

I don't mind the club promoting themselves in such a fashion, or appealing to weirdo groundhopper types. My criticism is of the folk writing identical articles on the situation. Find a new angle on the story. Any angle, even. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I don't mind the club promoting themselves in such a fashion, or appealing to weirdo groundhopper types. My criticism is of the folk writing identical articles on the situation. Find a new angle on the story. Any angle, even. 

Pythagoras would be your man for that.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Great stuff, fellas. 

Apparently they have players all the way from the Isle of Skye. Crivvens!

22 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Tapadh leatsa

Bha e glè inntinneach. Chuala mise gun robh "w" Èireannach aca.

Thuirt mi nach dèan na muinntir Shiorrachd Pheairt stràc no faclan fada. Thuirt sinn dìreach"ban".

Gu h-annasach, nochd seo air an FB agam an-diugh. Sandaidh Camshron nach maireann a Mabu ann an Ceap Breatainn. Gaidhlig Loch Abair a tha seo, a ghleidh na daoine ginealachdan as deidh dhaibh Alba fhagail. Tha Gaidhlig ann an teaghlach Shandaidh fhathast. 

For anybody who is interested this is Lochaber Gaelic, although this gentleman was born and raised in Canada and was a few generations away from Scotland. 

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

It was saved.

There’s a full feature in the new FourFourTwo about Fort William. Also features my face and some swearing.

Call me surprised.:P Saw the state of you at Clach v Lossie, would have introduced myself but had my nephew with me and was covering his ears. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

On 08/11/2018 at 20:26, Jimmy Shaker said:

It was saved.

There’s a full feature in the new FourFourTwo about Fort William. Also features my face and some swearing.

Do you have to buy the magazine, can't find it online?

Edited by welshbairn