Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was at the game, 4-3 to Lossie against 10 man Fort right at the death. Lossie players and coaches celebrating like they won the Champions League. The quality was crap, but it was thoroughly entertaining.

The football equivalent of falling headfirst into a barrel of tits and coming up sucking your thumb! :lol:

They should follow the precedent set by the League and Challenge Cup regions and punt Dumbarton into the Highland League if you drop that far; the West Highland line connects you directly to Fort William  and you'll finally have a derby that you won't get utterly schooled in. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

They should follow the precedent set by the League and Challenge Cup regions and punt Dumbarton into the Highland League if you drop that far; the West Highland line connects you directly to Fort William  and you'll finally have a derby that you won't get utterly schooled in. 

It would certainty be a scenic away trip.

Think we schooled your MorTen' earlier this season in the aforementioned Challenge Cup.

Thanks for playing champ.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

It would certainty be a scenic away trip.

Think we schooled your MorTen' earlier this season in the aforementioned Challenge Cup.

Thanks for playing champ.

You 'schooled' a reserve team that included 16 year olds rather than our first team, who did not play. 

Gutted for you.

1501623943857.jpg.02039cc4c3b566d35a6e411864505aa5.jpg

Fort William would utterly school us. We'd probably struggle to scrape a draw with the Vale of Leven juniors tbh.

I actually didn't think Fort William were *that* bad.  What they were though was a very small, young time and as I recall about half of the Deveronvale goals were from poorly defended set pieces.  Fort missed a penalty in the first minute and two players were sent off for scrapping, but I quite enjoyed it.  There was a couple of guys filming some type of feature during the game as well so that might turn up somewhere.

I actually didn't think Fort William were *that* bad.  What they were though was a very small, young time and as I recall about half of the Deveronvale goals were from poorly defended set pieces.  Fort missed a penalty in the first minute and two players were sent off for scrapping, but I quite enjoyed it.  There was a couple of guys filming some type of feature during the game as well so that might turn up somewhere.
Out of interest, what was the attendance and roughly how many of those were Fort supporters?

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Out of interest, what was the attendance and roughly how many of those were Fort supporters?

Not many.  Maybe 60 altogether.  There was maybe about twenty Fort fans/well wishers, a few Deveronvale fans and a few tourists.