Fort William tomorrow

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

All this birthday card pish about great to see them giving it a go and hoping it works out for them can stop. It's farcical. 

This. It’s an unsustainable club as is and no amount of sympathetic words will help. 

Just fold or move to the Caley league ffs.

I agree it's benefitting no one but surely the Highland League need to take some responsibility? They are allowing a team to compete who quite clearly aren't well enough equipped to be a part of such a league.

Some form of pyramid system is required. You have it for the Lowland League and if the Highland League can't/wont do something similar they shouldn't be allowed access to the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree it's benefitting no one but surely the Highland League need to take some responsibility? They are allowing a team to compete who quite clearly aren't well enough equipped to be a part of such a league.

Some form of pyramid system is required. You have it for the Lowland League and if the Highland League can't/wont do something similar they shouldn't be allowed access to the SPFL.

They league won't do fuck all.  They're all board member at the Aberdeen-shire based clubs who don't give a flying about Fort.  In fact, they probably all have a sweepie on which team will give them the biggest hiding.

Edit -  Good point on your second paragraph.  They should be made to form a pyramid below or lose the play off place and have the LL winners face the bottom of L2 straight away.

Edited by TheScarf

The league has made it plain they'll do f**k all about the situation re Fort.

As for the playoffs, if Cove go up this season, what's left of the league would probably be delighted if the governing bodies piled in and said, ain't none of y'all getting no kind of promotion. Much easier to sort things out that way than deal with the mess the league - both on- and off-field - is in. 

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
All this birthday card pish about great to see them giving it a go and hoping it works out for them can stop. It's farcical. 

We are all Fort William. You unfeeling b*****d.

Are we f**k. It's not some grand old club fallen on hard times. It's a club with a consistent history of being terrible and playing to terrible crowds.

Who am I meant to be feeling for, the 6 committee men, 14 players and 30 fans? Because that's literally who their inevitable demise will affect.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Lowland League could transition into a national league with highland, east of scotland and a new west of scotland league feeding into it.

No way the Highland clubs would go for it.  It's expensive enough running a bus within the Highland region, let alone down to the central belt.

10 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/News/ShowNews.aspx?id=833

Man, when you're down, everyone kicks you

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Fort William gonna end negative points for the season. Poor fuckers.

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

-9, ouch 

They won’t even claw that back 

Eyemouth finished on -2 some years ago, but this could potentially surpass that.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Who am I meant to be feeling for, the 6 committee men, 14 players and 30 fans?

Yes. They're football people doing everything for the right reasons, with no reward. Last thing they deserve is online whining from people who don't do anything to help any football club beyond be a customer.

Those saying Fort William should be relegated to the NCL. Just out of interest, how many of you have ever seen a match in the NCL? How many have ever seen a match in the HL? I think I'll leave this one to the football clubs of the north.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Yes. They're football people doing everything for the right reasons, with no reward. Last thing they deserve is online whining from people who don't do anything to help any football club beyond be a customer.

Those saying Fort William should be relegated to the NCL. Just out of interest, how many of you have ever seen a match in the NCL? How many have ever seen a match in the HL? I think I'll leave this one to the football clubs of the north.

They are actively damaging a league that many 100s of other guid fitba men  are giving up their time for.  Whether through stupidity, blind optimism or the ego boost of being part of  a league they can't sustain being in they deserve no-ones best wishes or sympathy