Amateur Player Database

bringbackmols

Amateur Player Database  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doing a quick bit of research and wondering if this would be at all useful.

A database of amateur football players which included details such as age, location, positions, 3 technical attributes and their mental attribute as well as their availability or current club.
The thinking being that a club can contact one person when looking for players to recruit into their team, giving them a couple of criteria to work to like age, location or/and position.
The person holding the database can then filter said information and let the club know that there are 'x' amount of players that fit their criteria,  here are their main attributes in the players opinion. The players are then asked if they are happy to be contacted. If yes, details are passed on.

Call it a dating website for amateur footballers.

What's the general thoughts of both clubs and players. Pish or worth a discussion?

Yes but even other clubs, manager etc are. It allowed to have access to player information other than name. Even team mates are not allowed to have that information. That's why the old 15 player signing in form was abolished and now it's all individual. It's a joke a i know but for these reasons it wouldn't happen

These details would not be for public consumption or released - it would work exactly how a recruitment agency would work. The players would have to voluntarily give those details and would only do so if they wish and only be contacted if they agree.

Would actually have more chance if this was an unofficial public thing , like fb for footballers as obviously the powers to be can't stop players from uploading details, but it could never be an official thing for clubs to use .

Other than the obvious data protection issues that would arise. The other issue is your 3 main attributes and a mental attribute. Who decides on this? Is it the player themselves or their manager, somehow I don't see how this would work! 'I'm as tall as andy Carrol, as agile as ronaldo and as skilful as messi' in truth when I turn up to your training you find out I'm 5ft8, fat and can just about kick anything that moves!

35 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Other than the obvious data protection issues that would arise. The other issue is your 3 main attributes and a mental attribute. Who decides on this? Is it the player themselves or their manager, somehow I don't see how this would work! 'I'm as tall as andy Carrol, as agile as ronaldo and as skilful as messi' in truth when I turn up to your training you find out I'm 5ft8, fat and can just about kick anything that moves!

Absolutely understand what you mean.

I am sure you'd get some chancers like that.

To be honest that would be a secondary feature. It's the players opinion on themselves understanding there will be accountability of what he said and expectations set, Most would be truthful but prone to slight exaggeration rather than blatant lies I imagine. Either way it wouldn't be a primary feature. The primary feature being their age, location, position, experience level and whether they are interested.

If you are a club, do you not think it would be great to go to one person with a large database of players to source someone than rely solely on word of mouth, gum tree ads, facebook ads or cold calling clubs. You could use all sources, but If someone had a database of say 400 players, some of who were looking for a club, and all a manager had to do was stick an email to someone with their criteria - Personally I would love that as a manager.

As a player, I think it would be great to be on a database like that where someone could call you up and say "so and so from the Premier League of the Fosters league are looking for a  centre mid with your experience - would you like me to pass on your number (assuming they are free agent) or your clubs details (If already with a club). 

But that's just me, hence the reason for the question. Respect the fact here are varied opinions on that.

13 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

In theory it could be a good idea but imagine how many dressing room problems that brings too. It's like creating a tinder profile while u have a bird, just incase u get a message from a better bird.

Best analogy I’ve seen on here in a long time. Superb stuff lol !

seen this on twitter. it's a bollox idea. how do you verify if a players legit? How do you verify the accuracy of the info? 3 main attributes and a mental attribute? christ almighty, it's frankly absurd. there's apps out there to help teams find players, theres twitter, facebook, plus good ol' real life - people knowing people. Its an unverifiable disaster of an idea that solves a problem which doesnt exist... and in all liklihood would cause more problems. 

absurd.

seen this on twitter. it's a bollox idea. how do you verify if a players legit? How do you verify the accuracy of the info? 3 main attributes and a mental attribute? christ almighty, it's frankly absurd. there's apps out there to help teams find players, theres twitter, facebook, plus good ol' real life - people knowing people. Its an unverifiable disaster of an idea that solves a problem which doesnt exist... and in all liklihood would cause more problems. 

absurd.

So you are on board with it then gunner?lol

Personally I think this is a great idea. I'm not great with computers so could someone put my details in the database? 

Name: Danny Booner 

nationality: Scottish 

Position: sit behind the back 4. Holding defender. Can also be used as a target man. 

Speed: really fast but can't turn

Power: in abundance 

Shooting: can hit the ball really hard but only use 70% cos I burst too many baws. 

Passing: accurate over 5 yards. Blind in one eye so my profriteroles vision isn't great. 

Injuries: I have neck issues so prefer low balls and have one leg shorter than the other. 

Wages: 10-20 pounds a week (guaranteed) plus traveling expenses. 

prefered clubs: Gartcosh, Colvilles, Wishi juniors. 

If any clubs are interested could you tell them I don't do trials and need to sign a contract (minimum 6 months) before I kick a ball. Contact me through P&B. 

No timewasters. 

DB10 

10 minutes ago, DannyBooner said:

Personally I think this is a great idea. I'm not great with computers so could someone put my details in the database? 

Position: sit behind the back 4. Holding defender. Can also be used as a target man. 

Shooting: can hit the ball really hard but only use 70% cos I burst too many baws. 

Passing: accurate over 5 yards. Blind in one eye so my profriteroles vision isn't great. 

Injuries: I have neck issues so prefer low balls and have one leg shorter than the other. 

If any clubs are interested could you tell them I don't do trials and need to sign a contract (minimum 6 months) before I kick a ball. Contact me through P&B. 

No timewasters. 

DB10 

Not got much ambition if that's your 3 fav clubs  ;-)

1 hour ago, DannyBooner said:

No timewasters. 

DB10 

Eh, we need your mental attributes...

3 hours ago, DannyBooner said:

No timewasters. 

DB10 

“Profiterole vision” has me in stitches. Fair play

Archived