The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

I just got another 15 can slab. Should I try again or just post the code up here?

If nobody else has taken your code I wouldn’t mind it. I bought a 8 on Thursday but never even thought to try the code.
Indulged in a few pints of the golden nectar last night. Don’t understand how folk can no like T.

13 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Worth persisting for a free T glass mate. Good luck.

After much persistence I tried with my works email address and the email came through pretty much straight away.

FWIW - Looks like the code you type in is not unique to each 15 pack as I bought 2 packs the other day and both have the same code on the bottom of the pack.

Now to try and see if my email hosting company is on some sort of blacklist.  Definitely not my local IP as I've not received the mails when confirming details on my PC using PlusNet or using my 4G on my phone - unless there is some BT issue here as they are both owned by BT.

Ah well, at least I have one glass coming soon.  Will go for more though as it's one per person per household so I can claim 5 in theory.....

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

After much persistence I tried with my works email address and the email came through pretty much straight away.

FWIW - Looks like the code you type in is not unique to each 15 pack as I bought 2 packs the other day and both have the same code on the bottom of the pack.

Now to try and see if my email hosting company is on some sort of blacklist.  Definitely not my local IP as I've not received the mails when confirming details on my PC using PlusNet or using my 4G on my phone - unless there is some BT issue here as they are both owned by BT.

Ah well, at least I have one glass coming soon.  Will go for more though as it's one per person per household so I can claim 5 in theory.....

Sad man that I am, I created a new account but they seem to be on to me, don't know if its keeping tabs on the IP address or what but they nabbed my new account as having already won.

23 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

image.png.808a9361795a04581e88f7fbd8387142.png

From my web hosting mail logs.  Seems a bit weird but I'll look into it further....

Edited by UsedToGoToCentralPark

I am buying tennents today at some point. Mrs B is off out tonight and its the ideal chance for me to put the weans to bed and devour a 4 pack of freezing cold yella fellas. The 2 bottles of Coors Light in the fridge simply wont cut it.

Guest bernardblack

I was served a T in a fosters glass yesterday. That should be enough for a pub to lose it’s licence IMO

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I am buying tennents today at some point. Mrs B is off out tonight and its the ideal chance for me to put the weans to bed and devour a 4 pack of freezing cold yella fellas. The 2 bottles of Coors Light in the fridge simply wont cut it.

I'm stealing that.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can I ask a serious question.... Has something changed with Tennents in recent years, because I did used to subscribe to the theory that cans werent great, but these are fucking great.

Did consider putting it in the 'things you're precious about' thread but I know what you mean. I never used to drink cans unless I didn't have a choice. I did used to be more of a 'little prince' about my lager but now, cans of T are where its at baby.  Still prefer a pint but hey, even under the current regime, the cans are a lot cheaper.

Did consider putting it in the 'things you're precious about' thread but I know what you mean. I never used to drink cans unless I didn't have a choice. I did used to be more of a 'little prince' about my lager but now, cans of T are where its at baby.  Still prefer a pint but hey, even under the current regime, the cans are a lot cheaper.

Seriously though I do think they are better than they used to be.

Admittedly, this thread combined with the people I find myself most often in pubs with these days has taken my Tennents love to what is, in psychological and medical terms, an unhealthy level.