The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

On 07/07/2021 at 14:35, pub car king said:

Back in the game 

20210707_142912.jpg

Managed to get myself a couple of Tennents kegs for the perfect draft and it is utterly sublime. I'm intentionally not replacing the 1st one until next weekend as I'm going through them way too easily.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It is, yes. Considered fairly premium as well.

not sure considered premium but beer tends to be quite stronger in Italy and of course drank in less volume. You get some absolutely lovely 8% and 9% beers on tap and I do wonder whether the sweet gut rot that is Tennents Super is in any way altered when offered on tap in Italy. I haven't been brave enough to bring myself to order a pint of it. 

Anyway, I don't think Tennents own the Tennents Super brand anymore - doesn't fit with their streamlined marketing approach...

49 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

not sure considered premium but beer tends to be quite stronger in Italy and of course drank in less volume. You get some absolutely lovely 8% and 9% beers on tap and I do wonder whether the sweet gut rot that is Tennents Super is in any way altered when offered on tap in Italy. I haven't been brave enough to bring myself to order a pint of it. 

Anyway, I don't think Tennents own the Tennents Super brand anymore - doesn't fit with their streamlined marketing approach...

From what I remember of drinking it in Rome, certainly didn't taste as bad as I thought. As you say, it's more of a sipping beer. I had a couple of Peroni's there as well which were of similar strength. 

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Currently 24° here at quarter to 10 at night. 

The sweat from the glass is dripping like a knackered fridge

20210716_215007.jpg

24 you were lucky. It's 25 here.

IMG_20210716_164319.jpg

Cycled to Balloch yesterday with my mate, by the time we got there we decided to get stuck into the pints and get the train home instead of cycling back. Pint after pint of glorious tennents lager was consumed. 

A60FBD73-5B26-42A0-A1C0-A1F6526581DB.jpeg

My wife got me a perfect draught machine the other day and she ordered a keg of lovely T with it [emoji7]
I got one yesterday with a keg of Stella. A keg of which is £2 cheaper than tennents pish....which is nice.

Just now, jimmy boo said:
15 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
My wife got me a perfect draught machine the other day and she ordered a keg of lovely T with it emoji7.png

I got one yesterday with a keg of Stella. A keg of which is £2 cheaper than tennents pish....which is nice.

Get through it as quickly as possibly and get some T.

I got:

hertog-jan-new.png

Which is delightful

clwb-tropica-new.png

and the lovely, lovely T

tennents-lager-6l-keg.png

Top wife skills, the T is a fucker to get on that thing you have to stock up when they get it in.

Stella is alright on it in fairness, corona goes down well but is over priced the bud is bud so pish water mainly we had those for a barbecue on a hot weekend and I didn't like the jupiler but there are loads to try.