The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Was delighted one day when we agreed to let the token real ale twat pick a pub, and he selected there, determined to "educate" the rest of us.

Aye very good, they have tennents on tap. Send it.

Was absolutely horrified when I ordered a pint of T in this fine establishment this evening, and they brought me a pint of Tiger by mistake. Drunk it out of courtesy but made sure my next one was a T.

IMG_4554.jpg

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Was absolutely horrified when I ordered a pint of T in this fine establishment this evening, and they brought me a pint of Tiger by mistake. Drunk it out of courtesy but made sure my next one was a T.

IMG_4554.jpg

Did you explain to blondie that you were showing your internet pals a picture of your drink? Is she still there?

9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

IMG_4554.jpg

Enjoyed it enough to journey back through in your own time then? 

15 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did you explain to blondie that you were showing your internet pals a picture of your drink? Is she still there?

Blondie knows absolutely nothing about pie and bovril. After several years together, I’m still not ready to make that step and tell her about my pretend internet mates. 

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Enjoyed it enough to journey back through in your own time then? 

I certainly enjoyed it enough to go back and spend my own money, and not at the expense of the company this time. Excellent food, the place is chaotically busy which is a good sign I suppose. 

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Blondie knows absolutely nothing about pie and bovril. After several years together, I’m still not ready to make that step and tell her about my pretend internet mates. 

That's what we mean to you, "pretend"? I'm hurt tbh.

13 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Was my birthday a few days ago so got tickets for the tennents tour as a gift. 4D986500-5B38-4250-BF35-313C0E166D37.thumb.jpeg.89ea96f040120ab85172acd998bd1247.jpeg

Did you get any of the special mixes from the gift shop? Tried the 1885(?) brew and whisky extract. Both delicious. The tank stuff they serve at the end of the tour is tremendous as well.

I certainly enjoyed it enough to go back and spend my own money, and not at the expense of the company this time. Excellent food, the place is chaotically busy which is a good sign I suppose. 
Did you get to the Station this time or was it a driving job?

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Did you get to the Station this time or was it a driving job?

Drove, the plan was to jump on the train and have a few at the station as well, but had stuff to do today so probably for the best. Will definitely be back and more than likely get the train through next time. 

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Did you get any of the special mixes from the gift shop? Tried the 1885(?) brew and whisky extract. Both delicious. The tank stuff they serve at the end of the tour is tremendous as well.

Aye the pint was from the tank at the end, very very tasty. Whisky extract was the one I tried from the shop and it was excellent, like you say :).

Aye the pint was from the tank at the end, very very tasty. Whisky extract was the one I tried from the shop and it was excellent, like you say [emoji4].
I hate to cast any bad light, but the stuff on the tour is exactly the same as anywhere else that has the tank stuff.

I hate to cast any bad light, but the stuff on the tour is exactly the same as anywhere else that has the tank stuff.

Aye but there’s a limited amount of places with the tank stuff apparently. Is it no just the Citizen in Glasgow?