The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Is it the "normal" T or a different taste.

The T 1885 is 5% and “normal” is only 4%. It’s been so long since I’ve had “normal” T that I can’t really recall the taste other than it seemed incredibly sweet compared with most Aussie beers I’m used to drinking. This is something I’ve found with most Scottish and English beers and any biscuits, sweets and chocolate I’ve bought. Walking upside down for so long must affect the taste buds. The 1885 surprised me as it’s not as sweet as I thought it might be. Tasted good and what I expected T to taste like, looked good, felt fresh even though best by date was April 2020 and 3 out of 4 cans poured with a good head. Have another 4 on stand-by.

12 hours ago, Eednud said:

The T 1885 is 5% and “normal” is only 4%. It’s been so long since I’ve had “normal” T that I can’t really recall the taste other than it seemed incredibly sweet compared with most Aussie beers I’m used to drinking. This is something I’ve found with most Scottish and English beers and any biscuits, sweets and chocolate I’ve bought. Walking upside down for so long must affect the taste buds. The 1885 surprised me as it’s not as sweet as I thought it might be. Tasted good and what I expected T to taste like, looked good, felt fresh even though best by date was April 2020 and 3 out of 4 cans poured with a good head. Have another 4 on stand-by.

qMik4p.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2019 at 13:58, Netan Sansara said:

In honour of St Andrews day, I tracked down the finest meal in all of Germany. The T was, naturally, the star of the show. 

77241901-2C1C-4574-937C-79F766DC5228.jpeg

That's the most Scottish thing I've ever seen. Love it.