The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Kaliber

How does it fail where Tennents succeeds in getting the job done? How can you get a pretentious beer also? I honestly don’t think there is that much scope to go wrong with a beer. I just find there are easier options enjoy drinking rather than going for Tennents but your post I actually found rather pretentious.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

How does it fail where Tennents succeeds in getting the job done? How can you get a pretentious beer also? I honestly don’t think there is that much scope to go wrong with a beer. I just find there are easier options enjoy drinking rather than going for Tennents but your post I actually found rather pretentious.

You'd drink pish.

Shite ones you can't drink at all, ergo, they have no impact.

They’ll have impact if they have alcohol content in them. All beer really is is a way in which the horrible taste of alcohol can be hidden so you can get a wee dunt off drinking them.

I find it odd when folk say they can't taste the difference between beers. I reckon I could name a good load of them in a blindfold test.

Also whilst we're talking about beer, folk who think Desperado actually has tequila in it are fools, not just for thinking that, but for drinking it, since it's fucking horrible. 

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, throbber said:

They’ll have impact if they have alcohol content in them. All beer really is is a way in which the horrible taste of alcohol can be hidden so you can get a wee dunt off drinking them.

But if you walk out because Fosters is all they've got. It has no impact on your sobriety.

80's or 90's? Can't remember when but remember it on the TV.

I like Tennents from the tap - go to pint every time. When left with no option (beer tent or whatever), you need to drink a couple of cans to acclimatise but it's ok after that.

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Nothing wrong with lager tops, the lemonade helps the alcohol get into your system quicker so you get gassed quicker*

*this might not be true. 

If the goal was to get pished quickly, then why would you be drinking Tennents in the first place?

If the goal was to get pished quickly, then why would you be drinking Tennents in the first place?

I like to drink my Tennents tops hot so I empty the can and a drop of lemonade into a saucepan and heat on the hob for a few minutes until gently simmering before consumption.

22 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Nothing wrong with lager tops, the lemonade helps the alcohol get into your system quicker so you get gassed quicker*

*this might not be true. 

I've heard that diet scoosh as a mixer rather than full sugar gets you drunk quicker.

Probably bullshit, but I'm sure one of P&Bs resident alkys will testify. @The_Kincardine

Edited by Slenderman

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

No problem with Tennent’s; it's a solid unpretentious pint that gets the job done – it’s basically the McDonald’s of the beer world.

As far as lager goes, the ire I have is mainly for the Moretti/Peroni axis of evil…essentially the same pint maybe a percentage point stronger and also half again as expensive, drunk exclusively by slightly neddy punters who’ve just been paid and think drinking out of a different glass from most people in the boozer implies some sort of sophistication.

As an experiment, I’d like to see Tennent’s stick out something similar – call it Tennenti and put it in a poncy glass just to watch them slurp it up.

the peroni they sell here is bollocks compared to the red label stuff

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

I like to drink my Tennents tops hot so I empty the can and a drop of lemonade into a saucepan and heat on the hob for a few minutes until gently simmering before consumption.

I have no idea what you're on about.

Get out of the pub 

We came back from a night out on holiday years ago, to find my mate in an eccied up state, had poured the contents of a 2l bottle of Pepsi into a pot and proceeded to boil it away. There was nothing left other than a thick burnt residue in the bottom of the pan and a room reeking of smoke.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

No problem with Tennent’s; it's a solid unpretentious pint that gets the job done – it’s basically the McDonald’s of the beer world.

As far as lager goes, the ire I have is mainly for the Moretti/Peroni axis of evil…essentially the same pint maybe a percentage point stronger and also half again as expensive, drunk exclusively by slightly neddy punters who’ve just been paid and think drinking out of a different glass from most people in the boozer implies some sort of sophistication.

As an experiment, I’d like to see Tennent’s stick out something similar – call it Tennenti and put it in a poncy glass just to watch them slurp it up.

A bit of a sweeping statement there, they may just like different lager to you. :lol:

I'm a Tennents kind of a chap myself but have quite enjoyed Moretti/Becks etc in the past, Moretti is probably my fave tbh but I'm not paying stupid money to find my happy place when I don't need to. Tennents is my 'go to' for the cooking lager end of the market which is pretty much where I exclusively drink now. :(

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Just out of curiosity, what pints of lager/beer fail to “get the job done”?

Less than 4% for me, no 'happy place' and pissing like a race horse.

On 10/11/2017 at 14:20, NorthernJambo said:

In most pubs, usually cheaper than other lagers on the tap and almost always the best selling, the choice of the thinking man is tennents.

It's always nice to come home to a decent pint of Tennents. 

For me, that usually means Christies in Perth. We used to go to The Foundry too but it was never as good a pint so we stopped.  

Down in deepest englandshire a bottle (or 6) of Peroni or Hophouse 13 does the job. 

Home in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. Might even get the Ross County game in too :)