The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

8 minutes ago, milton75 said:

A cold pint of Tennents is honest and refreshing. And at a relatively low ABV is ideal for a long day out.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Of you are on a 6-10 pint scoop I would love to hear what people are putting forward as alternative lagers.

It wouldn't be in my top 30 beers but in its class it is the one.

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Absolutely, as I said earlier in thread if you're out for a day on the lash, Tennents is the one.  You can scoop it all day and have a decent time, I couldn't imagine the nick I would be in if I had ten pints of something around 5.1% when out.

Fucking lightweights.

One thing tennants must do is bring back the YELLA and red can. when i started drinking they had just changed them to the soulless, characterless, silver can.

i'm certain that i would be a better person if i drank out the yella can, i'd probably be hard as f**k and could batter anyone if i drank the yella can but i'm drinkin the silver and that enables me to be floored with a miss

Cant remember EVER having pint of old firm. 
Scottish pishe.....
80 all the way
If the hospital lets  me oot, I'll probably have belhavn...second after a Tennents 80

Thankfully for us, ‘the hospital’ will never let you out. Unless that big Chief Bromden bloke puts something through the window again...

One thing tennants must do is bring back the YELLA and red can. when i started drinking they had just changed them to the soulless, characterless, silver can.

i'm certain that i would be a better person if i drank out the yella can, i'd probably be hard as f**k and could batter anyone if i drank the yella can but i'm drinkin the silver and that enables me to be floored with a miss

Bring back the yellow body armour can

nothing wrong with tennents! I tend to ask for a lager tops and not any particular brand of lager so I do get tennents most times. apart from the taste of hops you get in becks and pils type lagers (which I can't stand) most lagers just taste the same anyway. most dearer pints are similar in taste just some are a bit stronger and far more expensive!

Edited by knee jerk reaction

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

"Brewed in the UK" crap. San Miguel, Staropramen, Stella, Kronenberg etc. You may as well buy a different beer. It doesn't taste the same as it does in Czech, Spain, etc.

I find the 5% they put onto export Staropramen makes it a better pint than in the Czech Republic. Maybe spoiled for choice, but Staropramen is generally considered a pretty average pint here. 

Tennents is my choice as well. Beautiful. 

There was a pub in Putney that had Tennents Velvit (I think) on tap. Don't think I've ever seen it up here. Seem to remember it was about £2 as well, whilst Carling and other assorted dross was about double that. 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

nothing wrong with tennents! I tend to ask for a lager tops and not any particular brand of lager so I do get tennents most times. apart from the taste of hops you get in becks and pils type lagers (which I can't stand) most lagers just taste the same anyway. most dearer pints are similar in taste just some are a bit stronger and far more expensive!

If you're going to put lemonade in it, it doesn't really matter what pish water is underneath it.

No problem with Tennent’s; it's a solid unpretentious pint that gets the job done – it’s basically the McDonald’s of the beer world.

As far as lager goes, the ire I have is mainly for the Moretti/Peroni axis of evil…essentially the same pint maybe a percentage point stronger and also half again as expensive, drunk exclusively by slightly neddy punters who’ve just been paid and think drinking out of a different glass from most people in the boozer implies some sort of sophistication.

As an experiment, I’d like to see Tennent’s stick out something similar – call it Tennenti and put it in a poncy glass just to watch them slurp it up.

Tennents is my choice as well. Beautiful. 
There was a pub in Putney that had Tennents Velvit (I think) on tap. Don't think I've ever seen it up here. Seem to remember it was about £2 as well, whilst Carling and other assorted dross was about double that. 

Velvet's a heaby beer .

No problem with Tennent’s; it's a solid unpretentious pint that gets the job done – it’s basically the McDonald’s of the beer world.

Just out of curiosity, what pints of lager/beer fail to “get the job done”?