The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Tennents is ace. Anyone who goes to a pub wanting a lager with notes, hints, body etc frankly deserves to be taken down an alley and taught a severe lesson by big Terry the bouncer. It's fine to dislike it but it shouldn't be mocked or sneered at. People get so swayed by marketing and end up drinking utter pish with a fancy label as they think it reflect well on them. 

Tennents has had hundreds of years with virtually no competition. It's got more than marketing, it's got conditioning behind it. I think it's almost part of the national psyche, people can't really comprehend the alternatives.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Settle doon. We agreed on Heverlee last time this debate arose. But this thread is for the purists. The T party.

A wonderful drop Heverlee. Brewed by Tennent's I believe.

Tennents is ok. It wouldn't be my first choice in a pub, but if I had to settle for it then fine.

Carling is absolutely hideous, but I like Carlsberg and would pick it over Tennents much of the time. Fosters can just leave.

Growing up I did enjoy my pint of T but I also wasn't loyal and would basically try everything In an experimental way.

This all changed when I visited Florida and you can't get Lager anywhere. Upon my return I was gasping for a pint of Lager and only T would do. 

That bad boy didn't touch the sides and has been my favoured choice since

Tennents is probably the most inconsistent lager option going but that only makes discussing it even better. You're never gonnae recommend a pub to your mate on the basis that it delivers a tasty Carling are you but the guarantee of a crispy cheap Tennents? Exactly.

I also mind an Italian I met in Croatia talking about how amazing Tennents was. Apparently it's big among the youth over there. What more could you want than a Scottish drink that's cheap, popular on the continent and due to "distribution issues" is largely unavailable down south among the lesser Brits?

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Tennents is probably the most inconsistent lager option going but that only makes discussing it even better. You're never gonnae recommend a pub to your mate on the basis that it delivers a tasty Carling are you but the guarantee of a crispy cheap Tennents? Exactly.

I also mind an Italian I met in Croatia talking about how amazing Tennents was. Apparently it's big among the youth over there. What more could you want than a Scottish drink that's cheap, popular on the continent and due to "distribution issues" is largely unavailable down south among the lesser Brits?

It's Super Lager they drink in Italy, not the standard stuff.

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

It is without doubt the best non premium lager there is by an absolute country mile. It pisses all over fosters, carling, Carlsberg, Heineken, Bud, Amstel.

If im going out for just a few pints it'll always be Tennents I would choose over anything on tap.

Are you on fucking drugs..?

Although I don't mind Tennents to say that it's better than Amstel is a fucking travesty....DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY..!!

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

Back in the day Tennents had to fight and beat off the stiff competition that was McEwans Lager and Skol. Anyone who thinks Tennents is shite hasn't drunk enough of those 2 impostors. 

Always had mixed feelings when I was 16/17 and was going to a concert at the SECC. On the one hand the bar there would serve anyone, on the other hand they only sold McEwans and it was fucking rank.